• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2014 Ford F150 SuperCrew Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $30,684 - $31,803.

10/8.1

Based on 699 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

it blowed up

By on Tuesday, April 26, 2011

"owned truck 11 months ... was driving to work and all of a sudden a valve noise started by the time i shut it off the right side cam had seized in the cylnder head...always used motorcraft oil & filter I thought at ford quaility is job 1 ?"

A Step Backwards?

By on Tuesday, April 26, 2011

"I purchased a 2010 Supercab FX4 in May of 2010. I was skeptical upon purchase, because I owned a 2006 and 2008 F-150 and loved the styling and design. The new style was OK for me at best. I farm so I want a truck that can handle the work and looks good on the town. My biggest complaint besides the "new and improved styling" is the performance of the 6-speed transmission. I thought it would be great for towing and pulling and give me better gas milage over the old 5-speed. Turns out it wasn't what it was cracked up to be. The on-board computer and transmission work together like salt and ice. The downshifting is terrible and I feel "hard shifts" to much for a $40,000 piece of equipment. Of course the mechanics cannot find anything wrong. The truck drives well and handles the farm life pretty well, but it ticks me off everytime I feel and hear the hard shift. In the end I can learn to accept the styling and perhaps it will grow on me, however the trasnmission is a HUGE step backward. Gas mileage is indifferent and the truck is always searching for the right gear. They had better address this issue or I won't buy another one regardless of the what the truck looks like. I liked the 2004-2008 models, and I wish they would have left the model alone."

best Ford F150(and only Platinum)

By on Saturday, April 23, 2011

"Though some have had transmission problems, I have not. Last two F150's avg'd 19mpg, this 15.3avg, mostly hwy miles. Having said that, fabulous ride, rear camera, sensors, deployable running boards great not to slip on ice and snow overnight accumulation, sound great, seats are as comfortable as mercedes, moon roof nice, tailgate step helpful, no drive shaft hump in the voluminous rear seating area. Would be nice to have step to access forward portion of the rear bed. I installed bed sealant and slip in bedliner with locked cover. Helps moving stuff."

Transmission Stinks

By on Wednesday, April 20, 2011

"Seven (7) times in the shop in a year and they still can't get it right. Internet truck forums are filled with postings of 2010 F150 owners complaining about the lousy transmissions in this truck. I'm getting ready to get rid of it. Very unsatisfied with this truck and how Ford has handled my problem."

Great Truck and mileage

By on Saturday, April 16, 2011

"Traded my 2006 Tacoma for the F150 XLT Supercrew. Very pleased. Have driven it in the snow and on the beach; 4-wheel drive worked great both on both. I drive a combo of city and hwy and have averaged 17.6 mpg since I bought it almost 2 years ago. Have gone on trips and got 24 mpg on hwy. Enormous amount of leg room in back and plenty of storage. Drives great and is quiet. Wasn't a huge fan of Ford based on past experiences but love my F150. If you're looking for a comfortable and tough truck w/good mileage, this is it."