• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2014 Ford F150 SuperCrew Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $48,338 - $49,791.

10/8.1

Based on 633 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

great pick-up

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pros: "drives and rides great, great mpg for a truck"

Cons: "none so far!"

"May be best vehicle i ever owned! 95000 miles and only thing i have done is put a set of wiper blades on. Still has original hankook tires! Was always a Chevy guy, but bought this truck after the whole GM government bailout mess. Next vehicle will be another Ford, this truck made a Blue Oval man out of me!"

Great vehicle,

By on Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Pros: "Ride, appearance, reliability"

Cons: "Mileage."

"Everyone really likes this vehicle. We test drove the big 4, wife picked the ride of this over all of the other top of the line pick ups. bought extended warranty, never used. it. Never needed the original warranty. No problems."

Excellent choice for combined work/pleasure use.

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Pros: "Value, dependability, performance"

Cons: "Longer turning radius."

"The only negative that I have for this truck is that with the extended wheelbase on the 6.5 foot bed makes turning/parking a tad more difficult. However, the overall comfort, appearance, functionality and my realized average 16.5 MPG (as high as 17.5 on long trips!) more than make up for this minor inconvenience."

Best Ford Truck so far

By on Saturday, May 17, 2014

Pros: "love E85 option"

Cons: "less energy in E85 fuel when compared volume to vo"

"This is a great truck. The only problem that I have encountered is fuel mileage. Mileage is less when driving with E85 fuel versus more petro based fuel. Better engineering of the fuel sensors to last thru out the service life of vehicle."

One kick butt truck!

By on Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Nothing"

"The best in it's class by a mile."

not worth 50k

By on Monday, May 12, 2014

Pros: "fast,lots of power, rides great!!"

Cons: "having to take it back to the service department"

"The electric fan is noisy as heck i pulled over to see what was that noise the transmission clunks when going from drive to reverse I took it to the dealership they said come back if it gets louder??? I had the truck for 30 days very disappointed with the quality other than that rides good and lots of power V6 twin turbo"

Great truck

By on Saturday, May 10, 2014

Pros: "Great to drive"

Cons: "Poor gas mileage!"

"Good ride, Like the electric power steering, The electric cooling fans make it quieter. The sync system is much improved over my 2004. Performance is better with the eco-boost than the 5.4 v-8 I had before. The big down side is gas mileage, 14 local, 17 hiway. Dealer says it will get better with more miles on it but I'm about to give up. We love this truck!"

very good car

By on Friday, May 09, 2014

"very good car"

Most favorite truck I've ever had

By on Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Pros: "Fast, bells and whistles, sync better than Siri"

Cons: "gas mileage expected with 6.2"

"Had an oil leak at 13,000 miles warranty covered it. Tires have been rotated 3 times and need replaced. Other than that I LOVE the truck. Power is awesome. Gas mileage is not what was rated at buy I didn't buy it for gas mileage. 12 city/16 highway with tailwind."

Corporate leased

By on Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Pros: "like new"

Cons: "hign miles"

"95% highway miles, interior like new, serviced every 5,000 miles to Ford's specs. Dark Gray with soft Ford roll-up box cover."

Strong Capable Large Pickup, Passable MPG

By on Monday, April 28, 2014

Pros: "Excellent heavy hauler, strong off-road"

Cons: "no cabin air filtratoin."

"The 2012 F-150 (3.7L V-6 engine, fuel injected with no turbocharger) Regular Cab with 8-foot bed has been equipped with Linex(r) Spray-In Lining and a Leer Camper Cap with color matched fiberglas construction. Around town, it gets a pretty reliable 15-16MPG depending on driving style, with no real load, in-town driving with frequent stops. On the highway in medium traffic on roughly 100-mile drives over mixed terrain, the maximum mileage was just under 21MPG. This is a very heavy truck as well as a heavy-duty truck. This is made for work and for hauling, it's for business rather than pleasure, although it is quite comfortable to drive and came standard with air-conditioning and a very good sound system. Off-road on mixed rock-and-dirt ATV trails, and on-road in heavy snow, this has been an extremely capable truck. It has started reliably even in temperatures of zero-F degrees. It is also an excellent highway cruiser. It feels safe and well-controlled at 70MPH on the interstate highways. This is a tall heavy truck. It is not made for fast turns and irresponsible driving. This is meant to haul loads. There is a traction-control system which works in part by cutting engine power, very disconcerting if you are the sort of person who wants to corner quickly by applying over-power to launch controlled skids. Towing a trailer weighing 3000+ pounds was not a problem at all for this vehicle, even crossing interstate mountain pass routes. The truck was able to tow the load uphill at 55MPH, although at times it had to drop down into 4th gear, the direct-drive gear. With the tow-hauling package selected "on", descending hills is as easy as climbing them. The 3.7L V-6 engine is very strong throughout its range, and has a red-line at 7000 RPM. Best performance for power is from about 2K-RPM to 6K-RPM. Best performance for mileage is about 1K-RPM to 2.5K-RPM. The stock exhaust system is quite large for very free exhaust gases flow and it can be somewhat loud when the engine is operating at high RPM. The transmission has 6 forward speeds, with gear 4 being direct drive and with 5 being fairly overdriven and with gear 6 being for speeds of about 53MPH and above. At any speed above about 30MPH the transmission can go into gear 5 but this is with significant slippage at the torque converter and you might get better mileage and performance by manually selecting gear 4. The transmission can require a period of adaptation on the part of the driver. At many speeds, depending on throttle position, the vehicle could operate in any of as many as 4 or 5 gears. If you drive at 30MPH and give wide-open throttle, this could drop down to gear 1 which will give top acceleration, which may not have been intended. The transmission shifts down very quickly and will respond according to throttle position. If you are driving 30MPH and give half-throttle, you should drop down only to gear 2 or 3, which will give good acceleration within reasonable parameters for close-spaced driving conditions such as interstate on-ramps. However, once you understand the transmission's operation, this is a very sweet vehicle to drive, in terms of throttle/gear control. The 4-wheel drive is extremely capable but still has the traditional "Ford 4-wheel Reverse Problem". When turning in 4-wheel drive in reverse, the freedom of movement is related to how hard the front wheels are turned away from straight. Keep this in mind as you drive off-road. This heavy tall vehicle is also long, and does not have a very tight turning radius. Be sure to leave yourself plenty of room to back-and-fill, and remember that you cannot make very tight turns as you might with some older and smaller light 4WD pickups. One good thing about the large turning radius, it's hard to roll over in this vehicle due to steering too tight. Consider it an added safety feature. This is an excellent truck all around and I would recommend it to anyone needing a good all-weather/most-terrain work truck. The only drawback may be significant to some potential buyers: there is no cabin-air filtration available from Ford and there is no aftermarket kit for this model year. Despite this being an otherwise excellent truck, if I had known that you can't get filtered cabin air, it would have been a deal-breaker. Ford needs to fix this, especially since many of these trucks can reasonably be expected to operate frequently in high-dust/high-pollen environments. Still, if you don't mind sneezing now and then, this is a BUY."

5.4 ENGINE IS JUNK

By on Monday, April 28, 2014

Reason: will not hold up to farm use

"5.4L engine is junk. Has problems getting oil to the cam. I found out through 2 different dealers this is a common problem. The solution was to replace the engine. Plastic and seats do not hold up. My only conclusion was and is that a F150 is not ford tough."

Great truck, ive owned them all, the F150 wins!

By on Monday, April 28, 2014

Pros: "Well built"

Cons: "Could use rear vents on all models."

"After owning trucks from Dodge, GMC, Toyota and Nissan I can say the F150 comes out on top. Its a solid truck that just does everything better. This was my first ford and will not be my last."

best truck i ever owned

By on Sunday, April 27, 2014

"like a rolls Royce of trucks. more bells and whistles and toys then an airplane!!!! simply LOVE IT !!"

A solid dependable truck

By on Sunday, April 27, 2014

Pros: "Reliable and lots of room"

Cons: "Bit of a gas hog"

"I bought my F150 SuperCrew new in 2010, and after four years and 55000 miles I would rate it as Very Good to Excellent. I have used it to pull trailers and a 20' boat with no problems. A full load (1500lbs!) of landscaping bricks with no issues. Two adults and three kids from Phoenix AZ to Anahiem CA and back (Disneyland trip!) everyone comfortable with lots of room. The Red paint is still looking like new even after being parked outside in the Arizona sun for four years. The only failure has been a vapor control valve (Fuel tank emmissions equipment) that didn't affect the way the truck ran, but turned on the check engine light. I changed the valve myself in about fifteen minutes at a cost of about $100. The only reason I gave a 9 out of 10 overall rating is the fuel mileage. It only averages about 16mpg."

I bought it for the Ecoboost.

By on Friday, April 25, 2014

Pros: "Average 18 city 21-23 hwy"

Cons: "nothing comes to mind"

"I traded in an F-250 Diesel for the Ecoboost. I have been very happy with the towing capablilty. Highway mileage is super."

One of the best pickups I have owned

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Pros: "very quiet driving on the road"

"Not one trouble with this truck...bought new."

Excellent Truck - great family vehicle

By on Monday, April 21, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable and Smooth ride, fits a family of 4"

Cons: "Mileage!"

"Only one complaint about Cruise Control not holding speed at bottom of a hill. Other than that its a fantastic truck. My family loves it and we go on 10hr road trips in it all the time. Very comfortable and roomy."

Best ever

By on Friday, April 18, 2014

Pros: "best"

"cool"

This truck runs great and miles are no problem

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "Extreme comfort and great confidence in bad weathe"

Cons: "Hate to see it go"

"I traded my King Ranch in for this truck and have enjoyed it greatly. I get auto allowance and can have no truck over three years old. Otherwise I would drive this another three years."

monster

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Pros: "even great for every day driving like i do"

Cons: "n/a"

"this truck drives on road perfect smooth suspension soft but alot of control excellent power city 12.8 highway 16.3 not bad for truck with this power and fun factor"

Best truck I've owned

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

"I love this truck, it handles great, is comfortable and pulls my 27' travel trailer like it wasn't there"

Very Pleased with Truck

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable on highway. Tows well"

Cons: "Gas mileage."

"I have no issues with truck. Performed reliably through 60,000 miles of use."

very good vehicle

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

"I would buy another with out question"

very good vehicle

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

"I would buy another with out question"