• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2013 Ford F150 SuperCrew Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $29,447 - $30,478.

10/8.2

Based on 625 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Best King Ranch Ever

By on Wednesday, October 13, 2010

"The King Ranch F-150 (2009) is the best truck Ford has put out, The quiet ride along with the Sony Navigation radio makes this one sweet Ride. So many features to learn that are actually fun! Sync which provides bluetooth tech not ony to your phone but the entire radio and navigation system.This Truck has it all!!! kudos to Ford!"

Incredible truck

By on Sunday, October 03, 2010

"I Have the 2009 ford f150 super crew XLT 4WD with the 5.4 E85 engine. I bought it brand new. I have 23000 miles on it now. I have gotten as high as 19.5 miles per gallon running regular gasoline with the cruise set at 74mph without towing anything. Normal average is around 18 MPG on highway and 15 in town. I pull a 21 foot bass boat with it and it acts like its not even there. The truck rides better than any other truck I have ever owned. The SYNC package is a very nice feature. I don't baby this truck. Have my foot in the gas most of the time. It has had no issues. I recommend this truck."

success

By on Friday, August 20, 2010

"Ford is the most stylish truck out there...However realize the reason that it leads in truck sales every year is that it is sold in so many many different configurations...think about it... Hopefully this new 6 speed automatic will outlive it's predesessor...I don't think that it will or Ford would warranty it longer than 36,000 miles. I usually drive my vehicles until the wheels fall off and get a new one every 6 or 7 years..."

built ford tough

By on Wednesday, July 07, 2010

"Great on gas for a big pickup, well built and many safety features along with a smooth quiet ride. Stopping power amazing too :-)"

2010 F 150 ELT 4x4 4.6l 3V

By on Saturday, July 03, 2010

"I recently purchased this truck and love it. I previously owned a Tacoma double cab so of course what a difference. There are blind spots with the b pilar which is where the seatbelt connects right behind your shoulder. Seems that I need to get the bubbles for mirrors. The other concerns is the tranny. Drives great but I wish I had the choice to shift manually into 5th or even 4th when driving through areas with hills. The tow/haul option works great. This truck tows wonderfully! I tow a 26.5 trailer for camping and it is smooth and has great power. In closing I love this truck and would purchase another one in a heartbeat. I looked at Dodge and Chev but went with the Ford F 150 XLT 4 door super crew. A great choice."

'09 Platinum

By on Wednesday, June 02, 2010

"Have had no problems in 15000 miles. Recently drove 3100 mile r/t, mostly Interstate, at or near posted speed and got 19.2 MPG. Perfect truck. Going to be hard to top this one!"

FORD F-150 STX

By on Thursday, April 15, 2010

"Just bought the new STX Supercab with power equipment and decor package. I really like the new styling and the 18" Alloys. Owned a 1999 supercab in the past, this truck is a vast improvement. This is alot of truck for the money. $4500 in rebates, cant beat it. Lift assist tailgate is awesome! Lot better gas mpg than the RAM Hemi I got rid of! The ride is really comfortable."

best truck ever

By on Saturday, February 20, 2010

"buy it with your eyes closed, you could not go wrong. smooth ride,very roomy,and good looks."

By on Wednesday, January 27, 2010

"Great pickup. Drove from Washington State to California and back including two trips into the high Sierra Nevada and averaged over 18 miles per gallon. The crew cab is huge, and comfortable for front and back passengers. Have the max tow package, and while it could use a little more power on the steep hills, the control is so good it's like you don't have a trailer at all. The posi rear end takes the truck places beyond where my friends pickups can go, and thats before engaging the 4 wheel drive. Smooth quite ride, comfort for a king, and a capable of hard work and tough off road. Great Pickup!"

First Pick up and LOVE it!

By on Sunday, October 18, 2009

"A few years ago I would never even ride in a pick up truck. Since my partner bought a new 2008, I have enjoyed having his car once a week to get it filled with gas and to get it washed. This experience changed my mind about pick up trucks forever. I've had my 2009 F-50 KR for a couple of months and after several dozen vehicles in as many years, I am excited to drive my pick up as often as possible. I have gone so far as to forgo the postal box to drive to the post office! The exterior is as handsome as it can be and the interior is even nicer than the exterior.The heated and air conditioned seats are as comforatble as any car I've ever ridden, and the appointments are luxury-plus! The navigation system is awe-inspring as is the Sony sound system. The rear seat room is defintiely comparable to a limosine. Having owned most luxury brands of sedans, convertibles and SUV's, Ford has outdone itself with this vehicle."

Best Truck Ever

By on Sunday, September 13, 2009

"I have only had my truck for a week, but I can say with confidence it is the best truck on the road. Comfortable seats, excellent quiet ride and best of all a man step to help you climb into the bed. There are so many features on this truck I will not have them all figured out before the year is out. The only negative I have is that it is too big to fit in my garage, so it sleeps outside. Hope you don't get one though, cause I want it all to myself!"

Best Truck since my 76 F100

By on Sunday, July 26, 2009

"Great riding PU with lots of power to pull whatever you need. Very quite inside and the seats are very comfortable. Its a keeper for the long haul. Even the wife, finally, likes my truck."

By on Sunday, July 19, 2009

"The best F-150 supercrew Fx4 I've had....... lots of room and power......the style, looks and ride , very sporty......Keeps me buying a Ford.... More options on the 2009...i really love everything Ford has to offer."

2009 F150 STX

By on Friday, April 10, 2009

"Likes. Ride, quiet, anti-lock brakes/emergency skid control/traction control standard, value in STX package, build quality Dislikes. 4-speed auto trans on STX; turning circle Overall. Excellent value particularly when I bought it on Ford Truck Month special. I couldn't believe how well it drove compared with earlier F150 versions and Chevy/GMC/Dodge competitors which I looked at too. Owners who want to haul serious loads will have to upgrade to XLT & above versions, but STX is good value basic full size pick up. The extra bonus is that Ford looks to be around as a company longer than it's domestic competitors."

My Ecoboost has big problems.

By on Saturday, October 13, 2012

"I've had to return to the ford service deparment 5 times now with my 2012 f150 Ecoboost with 5200 miles on the ODO. The issue is with the truck unexpectedly losing power. If you go to pass a vehicle or go up a hill, the engine starts to hesitate, shudder and lose power. The problems won't show anything on the computer, but I was able to demonstrate the issues to the ford tech. Nothing they've done has worked. Me, the technicians or ford know what to do about this truck now."

My F150 Lemon

By on Monday, April 09, 2012

Reason: Wasn't sold, it was a Ford buy back

"My F150 had unresolved transmission problems. It started not long after I'd bought the truck new. I had made several trips to the dealer with the same complaints. The transmission would shudder, be erratic and make unpredictably hard shifts, the truck would make scary forward lunges, and it would make terrible clunking/mettalic sounds. The dealer had attempted to make a fix twice, but then they started giving me the "no defects found" line. A friend advised me to see an attorney over it. After a few months of working with Ford and the attorney, Ford agreed to take back the truck. The truck is gone...couldn't be happier."

New Ecoboost F150 with problems

By on Saturday, December 15, 2012

"My brand new F150 shakes, loses power and turns on the check engine light under hard acceleration. I brought the truck to the dealer to have it fixed. They said they found a computer issue that they fixed under warranty. But about 2 days after getting the truck back, and after about an hour long drive, the truck did the same thing. The truck is back at the dealer, but it's been sitting there for two days. This is actually 1 of 2 F150 pickups I own. The other truck I have has the 5.0L V8 with just a hair over 20k miles. It's been 100% reliable so far, but It's gas mileage isn't the greatest."

The F150 is a great looking truck

By on Sunday, December 16, 2012

Pros: "Best looking trucks on the road today"

Cons: "Trans. out at 2000 mi.,no decent fix in sight"

"I bought this F150 about a year ago ,it's got plenty of power and looks great , have enjoyed driving it and would recommend it after (hopefully) Ford makes the transmissions a little tougher . At around the 2000 mile mark the trans.went out and left me sitting . It went in for repairs and lasted approx. 4 weeks and I noticed it started leaking alot of fluid , so back to the shop again . Every since I got it back it still has a bad vibration coming from the transmission but I was told as long as it still functions that it is within acceptable guidlines and there is nothing that ford would authorize . Like I said ,its a great truck but you would think that when you buy brand new the automaker would repair it at this low mileage so that it still functions as a new one should . The 2000 mile mark should be time for another car wash not trans . repair . Maybe the ol boys at ford will change a little something so we can have the tough in "Built Ford Tough" back , I miss it . I'll wait a couple more months and try a 2013 F150 and hope for better luck ."

Has only one problem, but it's a big one

By on Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Pros: "almost everything"

Cons: "the built in vibration and Ford's attitude"

"The truck is fine in almost every respect. Comfort, milage, looks etc. However, this length truck (with 6 1/2 foot bed) has a vibration when accelerating from a dead stop. It has something to do with the pinion angle on the drive shaft. Ford engineers couldn't find a truck without the problem, so they washed their hands of the problem by declaring that the vibration is "Acceptable" and "Characteristic" to the vehicle. It ruins my enjoyment of the truck and makes it almost impossible to sell it for a fair price. Since they used 2012 parts in my 2011, to no avail. I would assume that the problem exists in the 2012's also."

Awesome!

By on Friday, August 10, 2012

Pros: "mpgs, power, hauling cap., styling, comfort, quiet"

Cons: "S/cab rear doors, sun visor extension"

First day at new home in the Shasta Valley, Northern California.

"2012 F150 FX4 supercab with ecoboost. Have the off-road and tow package, navigation, backup cam, tailgate step and side steps. Not even a hint of a problem. Mileage was about 17.0 for the 1st 4K, then started improving. MPG now up to 18.5 overall and rising. Long trips through mountains and valleys, 75% hwy/ 25% city, is consistently 21 mpg. That's better than I got with my previous Tacoma V-6, 4WD. The 36 gallon tank = 700 mile radius, so I get best gas prices. It's quiet, ride is comfortable, and as others have said, it turns heads. I burn pellets for winter heat, and buy a ton at a time for savings. Fork lift drops the ton pallet in the back and I'm off. No problem. Bed load is 3100 lbs. Towing is 11,300! Added aftermarket Dual Liner bedliner, Extang folding bed cover, and DeeZee tailgate assist (an inexpensive add-on that lets the gate down gently). Totally awesome."

First day at new home in the Shasta Valley, Northern California.

love my truck!

By on Thursday, January 24, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive and play in!"

Cons: "I paid too much for my truck"

"My truck has been used for highway miles and for pulling a horse trailer. when everyone else got stuck on a trail ride my truck went right into 4 wheel drive and pulled right out of the mud! I love the comfort and the feel when I am driving my truck. I know that no matter what I am safe in my truck. gonna take alot for me to get rid of her!"

Transmission problems

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I own this car
Reason: Junk - My approximate mileage is 12,000

"Truck has been in the shop for almost a week. 3rd time to the dealer with no fixes for tranny problems. The truck also has a scuffing sound on the right side. Never had these kind of problems with my last F150 in over 150,000 miles."

Good truck, bad Ecoboost engine

By on Saturday, April 21, 2012

"Truck has been pretty impressive, but the Ecoboost engine has been a disappointment. It wasn't long after buying the truck that I started having turbo problems. The truck actually stopped on me in the middle of a busy highway. The Ford dealer rolled the truck in on a flatbed, provided me a loaner, ordered parts and made the fix, but I'm still not too happy. Gas mileage is barely 14 mpg and engine has a lot of hesitation to it. I think I would recommend the F150 with V8 engines only."

Great truck, but Ecoboost problems disappoint

By on Saturday, December 29, 2012

Pros: "Looks interior Navigation seating room tailgate"

Cons: "ecoboost, ecoboost, ecoboost, ecoboost, ecoboost"

"Love this F150, but have been disappointed with the Ecoboost. I’ve even started documenting the issues if I need to pursue the LEMON law. At 5,500 miles or so, the engine started having problems, loss of power etc. There is a problem with condensation in the turbos (expose your truck to water, drive through carwashes etc.). Ford has a 3 step process to correct this, 1 adjusts the computer, 2 add a deflector and 3 replace turbo with an intercooler. After this final step, the engine began misfiring; they needed to rearrange the sparkplug order. Next the speedometer and most gauges would not work and the transmission would remain in a single gear (started in 5th and stayed there; or 3rd and stayed etc.). There was a faulty sensor. At 8,800 is seems to be ok for now. Used phone to record dash issues for proof, but the dealer saw the error codes."

Has Everything and Safe

By on Tuesday, December 07, 2010

"I absolutely love this vehicle. I owned a 2010 F150 Lariat before I bought this one. The Lariat saved my life when i was hit going 50mph by a Dump Truck. It was totaled but my 9month old was completely fine. The rear heated seats are a wonderful upgrade and the cooled seats are something I will never go without again. I feel the safest I have ever been when in this truck and never have to worry if my child will be okay in an accident."

See if you qualify for