• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2013 Ford F150 SuperCrew Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $29,361 - $30,414.

10/8.2

Based on 652 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

I get less that 10 mpg in town & 16 highway

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "none, cons out weigh pros, costs too much-operate"

Cons: "Terrible gas mileage. Ford tried to fix, no luck,"

"A dealership dumped the computer program and re-loaded. No luck, still gets TERRIBLE GAS MILEAGE. I was told it had to learn my driving habits!! Sorry excuse for I can't fix it. I don't know if I will ever buy another Ford Truck. This one costs me a fortune in gas. The tires on this truck are Pirelli Scorpion brand. These are the roughest riding tires on the road. I ask a FORD dealer to check balance, instead of balancing they said I had too much air. They still ride terrible, I can feel the vibration in the steering wheel and in the seat as I drive. Most of the expensive wheels have over 3.5 ounces of weight on every tire. I grew up in garages and this is just not acceptable. But ford would like to make other excuses for the problem. IF YOU CAN"T FIX IT DON"T SELL IT"

Best truck I've owned

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

"I love this truck, it handles great, is comfortable and pulls my 27' travel trailer like it wasn't there"

Absolute Best Truck Ever Owned

By on Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Pros: "Great driving truck."

"Great Truck. Smooth ride comfortable interior with plenty of room. 4x4 works great have had 0 problems in the little over a year I have owned it."

Outstanding Truck

By on Wednesday, November 28, 2012

"This truck can be used as a truck or a very nice family vehicle. I've never driven a truck that rides this nice!"

First pickup I have owned, love it

By on Sunday, July 27, 2014

Pros: "the Eco-Boost has awesome torque"

Cons: "mileage is disappointing"

"Bought this truck new 2 years ago, it now has 25000 miles on it & has been back to dealership for oil changes only. No warranty claims, no leaks, no rattles, the perfect truck"

Fantastic Truck

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "Looks, power, reliability, resale,"

Cons: "Mileage - needs larger cupholders :), pricey"

"Ford has really hit the nail on the head with this truck. I got the 5.0 V8 and it is really smooth and powerful. Better than the 5.4 they used before. Also, it drives well, has lots of room, and totally reliable."

Great truck

By on Saturday, May 10, 2014

Pros: "Great to drive"

Cons: "Poor gas mileage!"

"Good ride, Like the electric power steering, The electric cooling fans make it quieter. The sync system is much improved over my 2004. Performance is better with the eco-boost than the 5.4 v-8 I had before. The big down side is gas mileage, 14 local, 17 hiway. Dealer says it will get better with more miles on it but I'm about to give up. We love this truck!"

Strong Capable Large Pickup, Passable MPG

By on Monday, April 28, 2014

Pros: "Excellent heavy hauler, strong off-road"

Cons: "no cabin air filtratoin."

"The 2012 F-150 (3.7L V-6 engine, fuel injected with no turbocharger) Regular Cab with 8-foot bed has been equipped with Linex(r) Spray-In Lining and a Leer Camper Cap with color matched fiberglas construction. Around town, it gets a pretty reliable 15-16MPG depending on driving style, with no real load, in-town driving with frequent stops. On the highway in medium traffic on roughly 100-mile drives over mixed terrain, the maximum mileage was just under 21MPG. This is a very heavy truck as well as a heavy-duty truck. This is made for work and for hauling, it's for business rather than pleasure, although it is quite comfortable to drive and came standard with air-conditioning and a very good sound system. Off-road on mixed rock-and-dirt ATV trails, and on-road in heavy snow, this has been an extremely capable truck. It has started reliably even in temperatures of zero-F degrees. It is also an excellent highway cruiser. It feels safe and well-controlled at 70MPH on the interstate highways. This is a tall heavy truck. It is not made for fast turns and irresponsible driving. This is meant to haul loads. There is a traction-control system which works in part by cutting engine power, very disconcerting if you are the sort of person who wants to corner quickly by applying over-power to launch controlled skids. Towing a trailer weighing 3000+ pounds was not a problem at all for this vehicle, even crossing interstate mountain pass routes. The truck was able to tow the load uphill at 55MPH, although at times it had to drop down into 4th gear, the direct-drive gear. With the tow-hauling package selected "on", descending hills is as easy as climbing them. The 3.7L V-6 engine is very strong throughout its range, and has a red-line at 7000 RPM. Best performance for power is from about 2K-RPM to 6K-RPM. Best performance for mileage is about 1K-RPM to 2.5K-RPM. The stock exhaust system is quite large for very free exhaust gases flow and it can be somewhat loud when the engine is operating at high RPM. The transmission has 6 forward speeds, with gear 4 being direct drive and with 5 being fairly overdriven and with gear 6 being for speeds of about 53MPH and above. At any speed above about 30MPH the transmission can go into gear 5 but this is with significant slippage at the torque converter and you might get better mileage and performance by manually selecting gear 4. The transmission can require a period of adaptation on the part of the driver. At many speeds, depending on throttle position, the vehicle could operate in any of as many as 4 or 5 gears. If you drive at 30MPH and give wide-open throttle, this could drop down to gear 1 which will give top acceleration, which may not have been intended. The transmission shifts down very quickly and will respond according to throttle position. If you are driving 30MPH and give half-throttle, you should drop down only to gear 2 or 3, which will give good acceleration within reasonable parameters for close-spaced driving conditions such as interstate on-ramps. However, once you understand the transmission's operation, this is a very sweet vehicle to drive, in terms of throttle/gear control. The 4-wheel drive is extremely capable but still has the traditional "Ford 4-wheel Reverse Problem". When turning in 4-wheel drive in reverse, the freedom of movement is related to how hard the front wheels are turned away from straight. Keep this in mind as you drive off-road. This heavy tall vehicle is also long, and does not have a very tight turning radius. Be sure to leave yourself plenty of room to back-and-fill, and remember that you cannot make very tight turns as you might with some older and smaller light 4WD pickups. One good thing about the large turning radius, it's hard to roll over in this vehicle due to steering too tight. Consider it an added safety feature. This is an excellent truck all around and I would recommend it to anyone needing a good all-weather/most-terrain work truck. The only drawback may be significant to some potential buyers: there is no cabin-air filtration available from Ford and there is no aftermarket kit for this model year. Despite this being an otherwise excellent truck, if I had known that you can't get filtered cabin air, it would have been a deal-breaker. Ford needs to fix this, especially since many of these trucks can reasonably be expected to operate frequently in high-dust/high-pollen environments. Still, if you don't mind sneezing now and then, this is a BUY."

Great all around truck, great for 4 wheeling

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "good value, very sharp looking"

"This truck looks great and drives great. Love that it's not a king cab, they are hard to find in a regular cab."

great truck will run with the best.

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

"I really like my truck has traction control also looks like f4 only 5.5 bed with super cab gets 18 plus milers per gallon STX style side sport model handles great looks like it just left showroom EASY GARAGE FIT ITS 1 FOOT SHORTER THAN REGULAR SUPERCAB.ONLY YEAR THEY MADE IT."

Great truck very capable

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

"I would recommend this truck to anyone in the market. Good interior and exterior styling and always reliable."

Great truck. Second one and never a problem.

By on Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Pros: "Easy to drive and easy to own"

Cons: "Sync not easy to use"

"Great truck. Second one and never a problem."

Excellant Pickup

By on Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Pros: "Good mileage, great on snow and ice."

"I am very happy with this vehicle."

Great truck for the money

By on Thursday, December 19, 2013

Pros: "Power, smooth ride, great offroad, mph"

Cons: "sync, thin body metal, turning radius"

"Overall, I have to say my 2013 4x4 stx Has been a very good choice. First of all it has a ton of power and is really smooth. Also, for a stock off the lot the truck drives well offroad. Mph on the Hwy is better than advertise. If you limit starts and stops and racing the truck, it'll get up to 22 on the highway. There are some complaints. THe sync system is bad. Its distorted badly at times, others crystal clear. The guage of metal on the exterior body is thin! Compared to my 2004 it doesnt even compare. I guess they wanted to lighten the truck up but you could dent it just by leaning on it heavily. Compared to other trucks, turning radius is really bad. Tough to park in the city. but, overall i have been really pleased."

Love this truck

By on Thursday, October 17, 2013

Pros: "Look, engine, price, reliability, feel, power"

Cons: "doors swings wide"

"The 2013 F150 is a phenomenal truck, especially when you include the Ecoboost engine coupled with the new interior, functionally and overall look. Would not go to any other truck. With so many options, it really cannot be beat."

Best truck I have ever owned.

By on Wednesday, July 10, 2013

"(2013 F150 Lariat Supercrew 4x2 Ecoboost) I have owned this truck for a few months now and the power, comfort, and drivealbilty of this truck is awesome. I have heard people complain about fuel mileage. Well, I drove my truck on the hwy going around 65 MPH and it does average about 21 MPG with slow accel and easy driving. Now, I'm not the type to drive this way. Then again I also own a 2011 mustang gt and I drive my truck the same way I drive my mustang with the exception of taking corners going 80 MPH. I compared it to my nieces 2013 silverado and they the differences are night and day when it comes to accel, comfort, and driveability. The Ford has a huge interior compared to the Chevy, accels quicker with those twin turbos, and the comfort while driving is less bumpy with the ford. If you are looking for an economical truck, don't waste your time with a full size truck because even though mine is a 6 cyl and my nieces full size 2013 silverado has cylinder deactivation, they both average about 15.9 MPG the way I drive. Even the Toyota Tacoma and Nissan Frontier are rated at 19 and 18 MPG average, and those are midsize trucks."

A great truck

By on Monday, May 06, 2013

Pros: "Terrific drivetrain, smooth ride, tows 9,000 lbs"

Cons: "Cup holders are inconvenient"

"I mistakenly liquidated my 2003 F-150 Lariat a few years ago. I missed it greatly. Last year I needed another truck to haul my motorcycles, but a bare-bones vehicle with a livable sticker price. Picked up the silver STX SuperCrew 4X4. Good choice! This truck is so basic it doesn't even have carpet. Makes keeping it clean a breeze. No navigation, no backup camera, no driving lights, no automatic headlights, no leather anywhere, no heated seats. The new 5.0L powerplant would eat my Lariat's 5.4 for breakfast. And the 6-speed automatic with overdrive is smooth as 12-year-old Scotch. Ford provided EXACTLY the product I needed when I needed it. Haul/tow mode in the tranny pulls two big V-twins and the trailer without even breathing hard in the mountains. 11MPG with bikes, two XXL riders and all associated gear while doing 70-75 on I95. Looking at slide-in campers now and sadly the STX has insufficient payload for anything comfortable. Moving up to F350 with 6.7 turbo diesel. I'll miss the silver STX. A great, great pickup!"

great truck, awesome amount of interior room

By on Sunday, January 13, 2013

Pros: "interior, ride, power, price"

Cons: "turning radius, fuel milage"

"great vehicle. The interior room is unbelievable. I switched from GMC just because of the interior. Fuel mileage and turning radius are the only negatives. Ride is great. Quiet and stable."

Best Pickup on the road today

By on Thursday, November 08, 2012

Pros: "Price,comfort,towing,flexfuel,gas mileage."

Cons: "Almost too much electronics. Still learning."

"Excellent pickup, I just bought the 2012 F150 SuperCrew FX2. I've have owned 1990 Ford F150, 1998 Ford F150, and a 2008 Ram 1500, the 2012 Ford FX2 is buy far the best pickup that I have owned. Almost too much electronics on it though. I am still learning stuff."

Best Ford Ive ever driven...

By on Sunday, September 30, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, comfortable, smooth ride, perfect"

Cons: "city mpg 14, highway avg 23"

"When I first test drove this truck, it was in Feb of 2011, in ND in snow, and it drove like a Caddy... I said I wanted to order one with some extras. Got mine tuxedo black, fender flares, tires and rims, projector lights and LED tail lights, billet grill, leather, 6 disk cd changer, xm radio, and a few others. No matter what I was doing, I was always comfortable. That October I moved to California and not once did I get stiff on that trip! The seats for my passenger and myself were perfect the whole trip. For an F-150 truck, rides smooth even with the bigger tires I put on... I have had an 87 F150 and 250, test drove Dodge, Chevy and Toyota and there was no looking back at buying the F150... Great truck!"

F-150 FX4 is Awesome!!

By on Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Pros: "Price is great! Sexy and Sleek good gas mileage!!"

"I switched our family Chevy Tahoe to this Ford F-150 FX4 that has every imaginable option and my wife and kids and myself could not be happier. This truck looks amazing, drives amazing, and gets good gas mileage!! Almost every time we drive the truck we are turning heads. It is tuxedo black with full leather. Heated and cooled seats, navigation and DVD system. Sony entertainment package."

This is a great Truck!

By on Sunday, July 08, 2012

Cons: "I have no cons with this truck."

"I traded in my 2008 Ranger Super Cab for the F-150 3.7litre and it was the best move I made, I did try the Ram 1500, and also the Silverado, but Ford was more comfortable, and just a better ride, it's very good on mileage, lots of room, and actually very peppy for a small engine. I will keep this truck for a long time."

Very good truck..but expensive price tag

By on Sunday, July 01, 2012

Pros: "quiet powerful nice ride"

Cons: "seats arent the best and $$$$"

"Very good reliable truck... very quiet inside and smooth ride.. not like a pickup.. love it"

best truck

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

"looks great, runs even better. average 17.8 mpg"

Love the F-150 5.4L Triton

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "Gas mileage is great for a truck"

"I love my truck. The interior room that is offers surpasses any other truck on the market in it's class. I can get on average 20mpg on hwy at 75mph. Which is very high for a truck of it's size. The towing and reliability is great. I have owned other trucks, but this one beats them out hands down."