• Editors' Page: 2014 Pickup Trucks

2013 Ford F150 SuperCrew Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $46,306 - $47,814.

10/8.2

Based on 588 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Awesome!

By on Friday, August 10, 2012

Pros: "mpgs, power, hauling cap., styling, comfort, quiet"

Cons: "S/cab rear doors, sun visor extension"

First day at new home in the Shasta Valley, Northern California.

"2012 F150 FX4 supercab with ecoboost. Have the off-road and tow package, navigation, backup cam, tailgate step and side steps. Not even a hint of a problem. Mileage was about 17.0 for the 1st 4K, then started improving. MPG now up to 18.5 overall and rising. Long trips through mountains and valleys, 75% hwy/ 25% city, is consistently 21 mpg. That's better than I got with my previous Tacoma V-6, 4WD. The 36 gallon tank = 700 mile radius, so I get best gas prices. It's quiet, ride is comfortable, and as others have said, it turns heads. I burn pellets for winter heat, and buy a ton at a time for savings. Fork lift drops the ton pallet in the back and I'm off. No problem. Bed load is 3100 lbs. Towing is 11,300! Added aftermarket Dual Liner bedliner, Extang folding bed cover, and DeeZee tailgate assist (an inexpensive add-on that lets the gate down gently). Totally awesome."

First day at new home in the Shasta Valley, Northern California.

my third F-150; this one is the best I've had yet.

By on Thursday, November 21, 2013

Pros: "good value for the truck"

Cons: "no back up camera on this 2010 Lariat."

"Friends who have ridden in my truck say it's the best they've been in and some are Dodge and /Chevy truck owners. My dad owns a Dodge and wishes he would have bought a Ford like mine instead. The towing capacity and capability is great. My wife and I have thousands of miles logged while towing and this is our best experience yet."

Very disappointing economy

By on Thursday, January 02, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, looks, handling, power."

Cons: "Miserable economy, high tech features unreliable"

"Had this new 4WD truck only 6 months and I'm already selling it. The economy is a full 25% below the EPA rating and I'm a senior who drives it gently. I also put over 30k a year on my truck as I live 15 miles from the nearest town. Besides the terrible economy, the high tech goodies on this truck were not proven in by Ford and are disappointing. So far the Navigation has failed me once, the voice recognition only works for it about 60% of the time, the USB audio connection is almost worthless for anything but recharging a phone. The truck is reliable otherwise and comfortable to drive but for a sole vehicle with a 6 cylinder engine to only get an average of 16 mpg with an EPA rating of 17/21 is unacceptable. I pour over $100 a week into the tank of this gas hog. I would only recommend it to someone who is rich and doesn't mind huge gas bills every time they fill up."

The Best Vehicle I've Ever Owned

By on Thursday, December 12, 2013

Pros: "Powerful, comfortable, feature-rich"

Cons: "Wasn't free"

"I've had this truck for about four years now averaging about 35,000 miles per year for the first three years. Needless to day, I've spent a LOT of time in this vehicle. Regarding the driving dynamics, the truck is smooth, quiet and responsive and can accelerate quickly when necessary. I've driven on road trips in excess of 12 hours many, many times and I stay comfortable throughout. This truck (with this package - FX4 with towing) has plenty of power and I've towed a couple of tons here and there. Under extremely heavy loads, the gas mileage drops drastically (which is to be expected) and one has to keep an eye on temperatures. But under normal towing for a truck this size, it's hard to even remember there's a trailer back there. The only issue I've had with reliability was with the front steering assembly which failed within the first few months and was covered under warranty. This wasn't dangerous; it just made the steering feel more like Armstrong steering than power steering. In short, I've loved this vehicle since the day I bought it. When it comes time to get a new vehicle, I'll most likely get another one."

Bought new, have never looked back

By on Monday, September 09, 2013

Pros: "Good on the road, heavy pay load, large seating"

Cons: "Hard seats"

"Good truck, but wish I got the long bed. Comfort OK but need seat covers for my rear as they are hard. Equipment works well and truck never gives a problem. This is my Third Super Crew. Had Chevrolet and Dodge in the past, but they were both poor truck and drove badly."

Great Truck

By on Saturday, July 06, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, reliable, good looking"

Cons: "Big in parking lots"

"Best truck I have owned. 3 1/2 years old and no problems. I have averaged 17.5 MPG, with a best of 20 on a long highway trip. I pull a 31' 6000 pound travel trailer and have gotten as mush as 10.9 MPG which is extraordinary. This is a big truck, but the only time you notice its size is in a parking lot. We just park way out there and walk. Navigation system update is expensive, $199, and you can't get it anywhere but Ford."

Love my F150

By on Monday, April 02, 2012

Pros: "Great MPG's for a crew cab F150. Confortable"

Cons: "Still want even more MPG's lol"

"This has been the third F150 V8 that I own, with it's improved fuel economy, I'm averaging 20.3 MPG everyday driving, I am greatly enjoying the veersatility of owning a truck that I can afford to drive every day and fit my family in confortably. It has made give up none of the conforts of owning a truck. Kudos to Detroit keep up the good work!!"

Outstanding vehicle

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

Pros: "Overall great vehicle Fuel Economy, Power, Comfort"

"After twenty years as a Ford Technician, I must say this truck is an excellent example of American design and craftsmanship. The fit and finish is outstanding, the performance is everything Ford advertised. We had a 28 foot travel trailer that weighed in at 8000 lbs fully loaded and when towing it the acceleration and fuel economy were extraordinary. In the mountainous terrain through Kentucky, Tennessee and West Virginia, I was able to cruise at steady speeds of 70 - 75 mph and my economy averaged 14 -17 mpg. Without the trailer normal highway driving I average 24 - 26 mpg, city 17 - 19, overall 20 mpg. Also of interest, both my wife and I have back concerns and the seats provide superior support, we can travel in excess of 800 miles in a day with no discomfort."

My Favorite Yet!

By on Monday, May 27, 2013

Pros: "Smooth ride, love the Ford Sync"

Cons: "There is a lag between throttle down and go."

Enjoying the great outdoors.

"From the rugged exterior to the spacious interior, everything about this truck is top notch. I enjoy driving it around town and on long trips. Very comfortable and smooth. 93K miles and still going strong!"

Enjoying the great outdoors.

Superior Multi-purpose Vehicle

By on Thursday, May 02, 2013

Pros: "decent mpg -comfort-roomy - great power in 5.0-V8"

"Perfect vehicle for one -car retired grandparents . Wife is comfortable driving it. Ride is quiet and smooth -handles great and makes long trips a breeze. Got a surprising 22.5 mpg on last 700 mi trip at 70mph and get 19.5-20.0 combined with V-8 5.0 l. Super-crew back seat is awesome - grandkids love it.Thrilled with choice!!!"

Absolute Best Truck Ever Owned

By on Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Pros: "Great driving truck."

"Great Truck. Smooth ride comfortable interior with plenty of room. 4x4 works great have had 0 problems in the little over a year I have owned it."

Outstanding Truck

By on Wednesday, November 28, 2012

"This truck can be used as a truck or a very nice family vehicle. I've never driven a truck that rides this nice!"

Great all around truck, great for 4 wheeling

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "good value, very sharp looking"

"This truck looks great and drives great. Love that it's not a king cab, they are hard to find in a regular cab."

great truck will run with the best.

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

"I really like my truck has traction control also looks like f4 only 5.5 bed with super cab gets 18 plus milers per gallon STX style side sport model handles great looks like it just left showroom EASY GARAGE FIT ITS 1 FOOT SHORTER THAN REGULAR SUPERCAB.ONLY YEAR THEY MADE IT."

Great truck very capable

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

"I would recommend this truck to anyone in the market. Good interior and exterior styling and always reliable."

Great truck. Second one and never a problem.

By on Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Pros: "Easy to drive and easy to own"

Cons: "Sync not easy to use"

"Great truck. Second one and never a problem."

Excellant Pickup

By on Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Pros: "Good mileage, great on snow and ice."

"I am very happy with this vehicle."

Great truck for the money

By on Thursday, December 19, 2013

Pros: "Power, smooth ride, great offroad, mph"

Cons: "sync, thin body metal, turning radius"

"Overall, I have to say my 2013 4x4 stx Has been a very good choice. First of all it has a ton of power and is really smooth. Also, for a stock off the lot the truck drives well offroad. Mph on the Hwy is better than advertise. If you limit starts and stops and racing the truck, it'll get up to 22 on the highway. There are some complaints. THe sync system is bad. Its distorted badly at times, others crystal clear. The guage of metal on the exterior body is thin! Compared to my 2004 it doesnt even compare. I guess they wanted to lighten the truck up but you could dent it just by leaning on it heavily. Compared to other trucks, turning radius is really bad. Tough to park in the city. but, overall i have been really pleased."

Love this truck

By on Thursday, October 17, 2013

Pros: "Look, engine, price, reliability, feel, power"

Cons: "doors swings wide"

"The 2013 F150 is a phenomenal truck, especially when you include the Ecoboost engine coupled with the new interior, functionally and overall look. Would not go to any other truck. With so many options, it really cannot be beat."

Best truck I have ever owned.

By on Wednesday, July 10, 2013

"(2013 F150 Lariat Supercrew 4x2 Ecoboost) I have owned this truck for a few months now and the power, comfort, and drivealbilty of this truck is awesome. I have heard people complain about fuel mileage. Well, I drove my truck on the hwy going around 65 MPH and it does average about 21 MPG with slow accel and easy driving. Now, I'm not the type to drive this way. Then again I also own a 2011 mustang gt and I drive my truck the same way I drive my mustang with the exception of taking corners going 80 MPH. I compared it to my nieces 2013 silverado and they the differences are night and day when it comes to accel, comfort, and driveability. The Ford has a huge interior compared to the Chevy, accels quicker with those twin turbos, and the comfort while driving is less bumpy with the ford. If you are looking for an economical truck, don't waste your time with a full size truck because even though mine is a 6 cyl and my nieces full size 2013 silverado has cylinder deactivation, they both average about 15.9 MPG the way I drive. Even the Toyota Tacoma and Nissan Frontier are rated at 19 and 18 MPG average, and those are midsize trucks."

A great truck

By on Monday, May 06, 2013

Pros: "Terrific drivetrain, smooth ride, tows 9,000 lbs"

Cons: "Cup holders are inconvenient"

"I mistakenly liquidated my 2003 F-150 Lariat a few years ago. I missed it greatly. Last year I needed another truck to haul my motorcycles, but a bare-bones vehicle with a livable sticker price. Picked up the silver STX SuperCrew 4X4. Good choice! This truck is so basic it doesn't even have carpet. Makes keeping it clean a breeze. No navigation, no backup camera, no driving lights, no automatic headlights, no leather anywhere, no heated seats. The new 5.0L powerplant would eat my Lariat's 5.4 for breakfast. And the 6-speed automatic with overdrive is smooth as 12-year-old Scotch. Ford provided EXACTLY the product I needed when I needed it. Haul/tow mode in the tranny pulls two big V-twins and the trailer without even breathing hard in the mountains. 11MPG with bikes, two XXL riders and all associated gear while doing 70-75 on I95. Looking at slide-in campers now and sadly the STX has insufficient payload for anything comfortable. Moving up to F350 with 6.7 turbo diesel. I'll miss the silver STX. A great, great pickup!"

great truck, awesome amount of interior room

By on Sunday, January 13, 2013

Pros: "interior, ride, power, price"

Cons: "turning radius, fuel milage"

"great vehicle. The interior room is unbelievable. I switched from GMC just because of the interior. Fuel mileage and turning radius are the only negatives. Ride is great. Quiet and stable."

Best Pickup on the road today

By on Thursday, November 08, 2012

Pros: "Price,comfort,towing,flexfuel,gas mileage."

Cons: "Almost too much electronics. Still learning."

"Excellent pickup, I just bought the 2012 F150 SuperCrew FX2. I've have owned 1990 Ford F150, 1998 Ford F150, and a 2008 Ram 1500, the 2012 Ford FX2 is buy far the best pickup that I have owned. Almost too much electronics on it though. I am still learning stuff."

Best Ford Ive ever driven...

By on Sunday, September 30, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, comfortable, smooth ride, perfect"

Cons: "city mpg 14, highway avg 23"

"When I first test drove this truck, it was in Feb of 2011, in ND in snow, and it drove like a Caddy... I said I wanted to order one with some extras. Got mine tuxedo black, fender flares, tires and rims, projector lights and LED tail lights, billet grill, leather, 6 disk cd changer, xm radio, and a few others. No matter what I was doing, I was always comfortable. That October I moved to California and not once did I get stiff on that trip! The seats for my passenger and myself were perfect the whole trip. For an F-150 truck, rides smooth even with the bigger tires I put on... I have had an 87 F150 and 250, test drove Dodge, Chevy and Toyota and there was no looking back at buying the F150... Great truck!"

F-150 FX4 is Awesome!!

By on Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Pros: "Price is great! Sexy and Sleek good gas mileage!!"

"I switched our family Chevy Tahoe to this Ford F-150 FX4 that has every imaginable option and my wife and kids and myself could not be happier. This truck looks amazing, drives amazing, and gets good gas mileage!! Almost every time we drive the truck we are turning heads. It is tuxedo black with full leather. Heated and cooled seats, navigation and DVD system. Sony entertainment package."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25