• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2012 Ford F150 SuperCrew Cab

Based on 625 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

The Best Vehicle I've Ever Owned

By on Thursday, December 12, 2013

Pros: "Powerful, comfortable, feature-rich"

Cons: "Wasn't free"

"I've had this truck for about four years now averaging about 35,000 miles per year for the first three years. Needless to day, I've spent a LOT of time in this vehicle. Regarding the driving dynamics, the truck is smooth, quiet and responsive and can accelerate quickly when necessary. I've driven on road trips in excess of 12 hours many, many times and I stay comfortable throughout. This truck (with this package - FX4 with towing) has plenty of power and I've towed a couple of tons here and there. Under extremely heavy loads, the gas mileage drops drastically (which is to be expected) and one has to keep an eye on temperatures. But under normal towing for a truck this size, it's hard to even remember there's a trailer back there. The only issue I've had with reliability was with the front steering assembly which failed within the first few months and was covered under warranty. This wasn't dangerous; it just made the steering feel more like Armstrong steering than power steering. In short, I've loved this vehicle since the day I bought it. When it comes time to get a new vehicle, I'll most likely get another one."

Bought new, have never looked back

By on Monday, September 09, 2013

Pros: "Good on the road, heavy pay load, large seating"

Cons: "Hard seats"

"Good truck, but wish I got the long bed. Comfort OK but need seat covers for my rear as they are hard. Equipment works well and truck never gives a problem. This is my Third Super Crew. Had Chevrolet and Dodge in the past, but they were both poor truck and drove badly."

Best truck I've owned

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

"I love this truck, it handles great, is comfortable and pulls my 27' travel trailer like it wasn't there"

Outstanding vehicle

By on Friday, November 08, 2013

Pros: "Overall great vehicle Fuel Economy, Power, Comfort"

"After twenty years as a Ford Technician, I must say this truck is an excellent example of American design and craftsmanship. The fit and finish is outstanding, the performance is everything Ford advertised. We had a 28 foot travel trailer that weighed in at 8000 lbs fully loaded and when towing it the acceleration and fuel economy were extraordinary. In the mountainous terrain through Kentucky, Tennessee and West Virginia, I was able to cruise at steady speeds of 70 - 75 mph and my economy averaged 14 -17 mpg. Without the trailer normal highway driving I average 24 - 26 mpg, city 17 - 19, overall 20 mpg. Also of interest, both my wife and I have back concerns and the seats provide superior support, we can travel in excess of 800 miles in a day with no discomfort."

My Favorite Yet!

By on Monday, May 27, 2013

Pros: "Smooth ride, love the Ford Sync"

Cons: "There is a lag between throttle down and go."

Enjoying the great outdoors.

"From the rugged exterior to the spacious interior, everything about this truck is top notch. I enjoy driving it around town and on long trips. Very comfortable and smooth. 93K miles and still going strong!"

Enjoying the great outdoors.

Superior Multi-purpose Vehicle

By on Thursday, May 02, 2013

Pros: "decent mpg -comfort-roomy - great power in 5.0-V8"

"Perfect vehicle for one -car retired grandparents . Wife is comfortable driving it. Ride is quiet and smooth -handles great and makes long trips a breeze. Got a surprising 22.5 mpg on last 700 mi trip at 70mph and get 19.5-20.0 combined with V-8 5.0 l. Super-crew back seat is awesome - grandkids love it.Thrilled with choice!!!"

Absolute Best Truck Ever Owned

By on Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Pros: "Great driving truck."

"Great Truck. Smooth ride comfortable interior with plenty of room. 4x4 works great have had 0 problems in the little over a year I have owned it."

Outstanding Truck

By on Wednesday, November 28, 2012

"This truck can be used as a truck or a very nice family vehicle. I've never driven a truck that rides this nice!"

Great truck

By on Saturday, May 10, 2014

Pros: "Great to drive"

Cons: "Poor gas mileage!"

"Good ride, Like the electric power steering, The electric cooling fans make it quieter. The sync system is much improved over my 2004. Performance is better with the eco-boost than the 5.4 v-8 I had before. The big down side is gas mileage, 14 local, 17 hiway. Dealer says it will get better with more miles on it but I'm about to give up. We love this truck!"

Strong Capable Large Pickup, Passable MPG

By on Monday, April 28, 2014

Pros: "Excellent heavy hauler, strong off-road"

Cons: "no cabin air filtratoin."

"The 2012 F-150 (3.7L V-6 engine, fuel injected with no turbocharger) Regular Cab with 8-foot bed has been equipped with Linex(r) Spray-In Lining and a Leer Camper Cap with color matched fiberglas construction. Around town, it gets a pretty reliable 15-16MPG depending on driving style, with no real load, in-town driving with frequent stops. On the highway in medium traffic on roughly 100-mile drives over mixed terrain, the maximum mileage was just under 21MPG. This is a very heavy truck as well as a heavy-duty truck. This is made for work and for hauling, it's for business rather than pleasure, although it is quite comfortable to drive and came standard with air-conditioning and a very good sound system. Off-road on mixed rock-and-dirt ATV trails, and on-road in heavy snow, this has been an extremely capable truck. It has started reliably even in temperatures of zero-F degrees. It is also an excellent highway cruiser. It feels safe and well-controlled at 70MPH on the interstate highways. This is a tall heavy truck. It is not made for fast turns and irresponsible driving. This is meant to haul loads. There is a traction-control system which works in part by cutting engine power, very disconcerting if you are the sort of person who wants to corner quickly by applying over-power to launch controlled skids. Towing a trailer weighing 3000+ pounds was not a problem at all for this vehicle, even crossing interstate mountain pass routes. The truck was able to tow the load uphill at 55MPH, although at times it had to drop down into 4th gear, the direct-drive gear. With the tow-hauling package selected "on", descending hills is as easy as climbing them. The 3.7L V-6 engine is very strong throughout its range, and has a red-line at 7000 RPM. Best performance for power is from about 2K-RPM to 6K-RPM. Best performance for mileage is about 1K-RPM to 2.5K-RPM. The stock exhaust system is quite large for very free exhaust gases flow and it can be somewhat loud when the engine is operating at high RPM. The transmission has 6 forward speeds, with gear 4 being direct drive and with 5 being fairly overdriven and with gear 6 being for speeds of about 53MPH and above. At any speed above about 30MPH the transmission can go into gear 5 but this is with significant slippage at the torque converter and you might get better mileage and performance by manually selecting gear 4. The transmission can require a period of adaptation on the part of the driver. At many speeds, depending on throttle position, the vehicle could operate in any of as many as 4 or 5 gears. If you drive at 30MPH and give wide-open throttle, this could drop down to gear 1 which will give top acceleration, which may not have been intended. The transmission shifts down very quickly and will respond according to throttle position. If you are driving 30MPH and give half-throttle, you should drop down only to gear 2 or 3, which will give good acceleration within reasonable parameters for close-spaced driving conditions such as interstate on-ramps. However, once you understand the transmission's operation, this is a very sweet vehicle to drive, in terms of throttle/gear control. The 4-wheel drive is extremely capable but still has the traditional "Ford 4-wheel Reverse Problem". When turning in 4-wheel drive in reverse, the freedom of movement is related to how hard the front wheels are turned away from straight. Keep this in mind as you drive off-road. This heavy tall vehicle is also long, and does not have a very tight turning radius. Be sure to leave yourself plenty of room to back-and-fill, and remember that you cannot make very tight turns as you might with some older and smaller light 4WD pickups. One good thing about the large turning radius, it's hard to roll over in this vehicle due to steering too tight. Consider it an added safety feature. This is an excellent truck all around and I would recommend it to anyone needing a good all-weather/most-terrain work truck. The only drawback may be significant to some potential buyers: there is no cabin-air filtration available from Ford and there is no aftermarket kit for this model year. Despite this being an otherwise excellent truck, if I had known that you can't get filtered cabin air, it would have been a deal-breaker. Ford needs to fix this, especially since many of these trucks can reasonably be expected to operate frequently in high-dust/high-pollen environments. Still, if you don't mind sneezing now and then, this is a BUY."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford F150 SuperCrew Cab near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for