• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew Cab

Based on 700 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Economical, load bearing and easily maneuvered

By on Saturday, January 03, 2015

Pros: "20-28 mpg. 3/4 ton std. payload. Quiet. 300+HP, V6"

Cons: "Side pillar blind spots. Center seat fixed."

"Very good mpg measured by gal.@refill, in-dash computer average NOT misleading. 3/4 ton payload. Quiet ride. I like the vinyl, soft where you need it and very supportive on my 6ft. frame. Love the tow/haul, cruise w/automatic downshift to control speed especially with 1/2 ton plus cargo. High stance, excellent visibility fwd. A completely different driving experience to my old stick shift which I don't miss. I coast to traffic signals, anticipating red lights and watch the mileage jump. A steady 55mph@22mpg winter and 25-28 summer. Runs low 2000 rpm at 70-80mph and still delivers 20+mpg. 305hp on tap will scare you, and this motor easily pushes the loaded truck past any slow moving vehicles. I cruise @60mph mostly for high mpg and it may take an extra 5 minutes to get me there. The 6 speaker stereo could use more decibels, windows down at hiway speeds. Speakers in doors are too low to achieve this. Tranny is silky smooth 6 speed. I park it best backing in and it turns plenty tight in the narrow spots. Quickly realized the front corners, for a full sized truck, F150 is easily navigated. The 8ft. bed is enormous. Swallows my 13ft. boat and gear! Smallish window visors, lack of usable cubbies in dash, but door holds are excellent for tools, trash and drinks. The coin hold must be moved. Who can get coins out with the gear selector directly in front of it must be a magician! The center seat doesn't move so passenger will be cramped, however, the driver and window passenger seats slide,recline with unlimited space for legs. Center armrest is as big as my dining room table. Excellent ceiling lights, will blind you on a sunny day, that's nice! Ice cold ac, strong heater blower that is quiet, and heat delivered throughout cab, not just in front. Neat drink hold at center seat bottom for those big ice teas in summer. The hi beams shine clear into the next town with a wider than most visibility past the guardrails, lookout deer! I have extendable side steps that get a lot of use. I have Sync basic and Mp3 but neither used nor bluetooth. Truck not used for business. Pwr. windows, mirrors a must since reaching over to adjust while driving is a fools act. I have 17" std. wheels and tires, very good in snow, rain, slush without weight in bed. There is plenty of usable space behind the seat in std. cab. A recent camp trip held all bags and tent with room to spare. I would recommend a bed cover if you drive in snow. It keeps out the wet and allows for dry trunk space when needed. This F150 is by far the best choice in every field of need; Price,commuting to work, hauling a boat, towing a trailer or working the construction sites. It delivers better mpg, a heavier payload and far better comfort than any other truck out there. As the ads say, drive every one else, then check into your Ford dealer like I did! Know your highest price and don't budge. Go when rebates offered, know what you want for extras before you sit with a sales person, prepare to walk out if you feel pressured. You are spending a lot of money on yourselves and deserve to be treated with respect. Shop different dealer if you can't get your best deal. Don't settle for their deal! If you don't like the deal, respectfully decline to leave, trust this advice, they will meet your needs!"

Luxury car but I can tow my 30 foot trailer.

By on Friday, December 26, 2014

Pros: "Great and great"

Cons: "Stock tires that came on it new were a joke. Flat"

"Love the truck, it has been the most luxurious ride I have owned. Truck wise of course. The lariat package and tow package has everything wrapped in leather and hey, who can go without air conditioned seats in their truck right?. Well, me now. The truck handled like a dream smooth,decisive,powerful,fast,comfortable. I have not found a dis like with this truck yet but that doesn't mean I won't, but, for now. The most enjoyable truck I have ever owned and I like to think I know my trucks when I used to lease a new one yearly!!! For over five years that means every brand to include Ford.. I was NEVER brand specific until owning this truck. We are waiting for the 2016 platinum explorer for the wife."

Awesome Vehicle

By on Monday, December 22, 2014

Pros: "Great Driving .. Best handling totally awesome trk"

"This Ford F-150 Raptor Truck is so awesome in every category.. It's the best vehicle I've ever owned.. 5-stars all the way.."

All in all excellent truck

By on Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Pros: "Exterior look, interior features, smooth ride"

Cons: "gas mileage (even with EcoBoost)"

"Smooth ride, excellent offroad, quiet cab, love all features. Only compalaint is you get nowhere near teh EcoBoost advertised gas mileage, I average 16.2 over the past 25,000 miles. Great truck."

Great Truck, Very Happy, Ecoboost is Amazing.

By on Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Pros: "Great build quality, excellent fuel mileage, Fun!"

Cons: "Bad Speakers, no manual transmission."

"I needed the utility that only a truck bed could offer, I went to buy one of the last Rangers, and drove home with an 2011 F150 XLT Subercab Ecoboost 4x4. Really could not be happier. My F150 has been nearly flawless. The only issue I have had with it is with stock ford speakers, which have been replaces a couple of times under warranty. I am going to replace them with aftermarket speakers once the warranty is out. My other grip is that oil changes are challenging. The truck is fun to dive and very fast! The torque of the ecoboost comes in very early. the 4x4 works great but is almost not needed with the limited slip rear differential. I love the sounds the turbos make. I average 21 mpg in the summer in mixed driving and 19.1 in the winter. Pulled a trailer from Seattle to Minneapolis this summer and averaged 16 mpg, even through the mountains. I find the 6 speed automatic learning transmission to be adequate but wish there was a manual transmission option. I highly recommend that anyone considering a new pickup to consider the F150."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford F150 SuperCrew Cab near Honolulu. See local deals