• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2008 Ford F150 SuperCrew Cab

Based on 2399 Ratings for the 2004 - 2008 models.

Best vehicle, as with most F150s made after 2000.

By on Saturday, February 02, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, reliable, safe."

Cons: "Don't change your own plugs"

"Comfort, reliability, safety, economics. Have never done anything except scheduled oil changes. My son and son-in-law are both mechanics who say not to replace the plugs until needed, and then to have it done at an authorized dealer. When new, I could have loaded a Ford escort on back, carried my entire family in the cab, and gotten almost as good mileage as the escort alone. So much for the greenies and their push for low efficient toys."

Good, practical vehicle.

By on Friday, September 07, 2012

Pros: "Quiet interior, nice drive, dependable."

Cons: "Not much to look at (cheap trim level)."

"Over the 91,000 miles I've owned this truck I've done very little as far as repairs are concerned. The power steering needed a minor (low pressure) hose repair and I had to replace the crash sensor ($80, 15 minutes). I can't think of anything else I've done to it other than maintenance. I've done a lot of towing with it. I can squeak 17mpg city driving out of it if I drive like an old lady."

Was my dream truck until the engine went out!

By on Sunday, November 24, 2013

Pros: "It looks great"

Cons: "The engine failed"

"I was so happy the day I went to pick up my new F150 I had ordered. My dream truck. It had everything I wanted in a truck. We were about to start a family so I figured this truck was going to be our last truck purchased for the next 10 plus years. I was confident it would hold strong and get us through. You can imagine how surprised I was to find out that it needed a new engine at 100,700 miles. A defect in the engine that would have warranted us a new engine if it had gone out 700 miles earlier. I was so very disappointed. There had been a Ford in my family for 25 years. With this truck it will be the last Ford in our family."

Good Truck

By on Monday, January 07, 2013

Pros: "good price and fun to drive"

Cons: "spark plug issues."

"I have owned the 2006 f150 for about 2 years and I like the handling and driving of the truck. Not bumpy and tows very well. I have towed a large boat and hauled many heavy trailers and objects in the bed easily. The interior is outstanding. I have the 4 door and it is roomy and great to drive and ride in. the issue is the spark plugs they are poorly designed and break when being changed frequently and may cost over $800 to get a tune up. Overall great truck but would get a newer truck without the spark plug issues"

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Saturday, December 01, 2012

"I bought the truck brand new. Semi taken care of, ie oil etc. It is the toughest truck I ever owned. Never ever will I trade or sell. Gets better than advertised gas mileage. Just replaced the battery last week, the only thing I've done to it, except oil, fluids,and wipers in 7 years! I normally only drive it to work. Drives like a luxury car."

LOVE this truck!

By on Monday, March 23, 2015

Pros: "smooth ride, great handling, sharp looking"

Cons: "none other than the tranny problem"

"Still get compliments on its look even though its 7 years old. Had to give a 5/10 reliability rating because had to have transmission replaced at 50K but NO other problems. This truck drives like car and still has a smooth ride. I'm keeping it until it falls apart."

Best Truck I have ever Had

By on Monday, January 20, 2014

Pros: "Changed the exhaust and bumped gas miliage to 20"

Cons: "Sound system wasent all that good an easy fix"

"Bought New off Ford Lot. Have put 260155 Miles on Her done nothing but put several sets of tires, a couple break jobs, and change the oil every 10,000 using Mobile One. Would still be going strong if not for the Deer that liked the way it looked driving down the road and decided to take a closer look. A 70 MPH it was not a pretty sight. Loved this truck"

Best Used vehicle purchase I have ever made

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

Pros: "Stylish, Powerful, Economical, Comfortable"

Cons: "maintenance can be expensive for big items."

"This truck replaced a ford Ranger Edge. I wanted more room for growing family and the f-150 does not surrender much in the way of mpg. I typically get 17-19mpg. Ranger got 20mpg. Truck has plenty of power and hauling capacity yet rides almost like my Pontiac Intrigue. Have taken on long trips and been very comfortable. Extremely well mannered and stable in rough weather and on rough terrain. Maintenance is costly when it needs to be done (ie. $600 for a tune-up thanks to special plugs.) but, should not have to do again for another 100,000 mile or so. This truck has not disappointed in any respect."

Good truck.

By on Friday, January 18, 2013

Pros: "Good power, nice interior room"

Cons: "Not the quietest vehicle going down the road."

"Have owned for three months, previous truck was a 2005 F150, and the 2008 has impressed me much more than the 2005 did. Good power, reasonable fuel mileage considering what the vehicle is(crew cab 4x4 5.4L) and thus far no problems!"

My F150 Supercrew is the best Truck Ive Owned.

By on Thursday, September 06, 2012

Pros: "Safe Family Truck, comfortable and dependable!"

Cons: "Change the Seat Covers."

"First off, this is our second F150, the first was a 2003 Supercrew and we traded it in on a Toyota Tacoma thinking we would save on gas and regretted it. The Ford topped the gas mileage by far. We gave up comfort for nothing. So we traded the Tacoma in on a 2005 F150 Supercrew! The construction of the 05 Ford Supercrew really was a major factor in our decision, the frame construction and the safety features of the truck really sold us. The smooth ride makes you forget you are driving a large frame truck. To me the best. The performance of our F150 is amazing, we have taken many road trips and we get really good gas mileage for a large comfortable truck. On Highway we average 22 to 22.5 mpg, which I think is great for a large vehicle. Now the seats are comfortable but I don't care for the fabric they chose for this year model, as a mom it is hard to keep clean and shows even every water stain. Other than that, we love the room, the comfort, the dependability and assurance of knowing we are in a safe vehicle."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford F150 SuperCrew Cab near Honolulu. See local deals