• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2003 Ford F150 SuperCrew Cab

Based on 1358 Ratings for the 2001 - 2003 models.

best truck ever

By on Sunday, March 01, 2009

"this has been the best truck i have owned yet. yes had to do minor repairs and do the tranny in it at 187,000 miles but i also haul alot of heavy things with it. put a new intake gasket and all the coil packs, brakes, things like that but i would buy another one like this in a heartbeat. Im really thinking about trading in my 05 chevy 1500hd 4door in on another on like this one. i now have 200,000miles on this truck and despite the things i've done to it, it has been a wonderful truck. i bought it with 110,000 miles and has been great every since......the 4wheel drive works like new and have never had a problem with it specially in the mud at work or pulling other things truck rund like new again and sounds really cool...."

2001 was a good year for some things... like this

By on Saturday, January 05, 2013

Pros: "Rides like a Lincoln. Captain's seats. Comfortab"

Cons: "Parallel parking. Otherwise, no cons."

"I hardly ever see a used 2001 Ford F150 for sale. Reason? It was an excellent year for Ford and they built reliable trucks. I have replaced the starter and the heater core recently, but otherwise I have spent no money on this vehicle except normal expenses that apply to any vehicle. I purchased knobby snow tires that get me through PA winters. A flick of the wrist and I am in four-wheel drive. Decent gas mileage. Comfortable."

Heavy puller

By on Sunday, July 05, 2009

"The truck pulls well with the 4.2 lt v6. Paint is very durable and cleans well. A/C blows cold and is very quick to cool. Truck picks up speed well. Never had any mechanical problems with vehickle in 84000 miles. Stereo is ok and works well. Lighting at night is very visable"

Best truck ever

By on Sunday, April 28, 2013

Pros: "Everything about this truck. Big, roomy, tough,"

Cons: "Kinda bumper ride in the backseat. Tolerable"

"I own a Ford F-150 Lariat it has 300000 miles and still runs like a champ. Minor maintenance repairs... to be expected. Overall not bad. I love my truck. No complaints. I'll trade in my husband before I trade my truck. My name is Theresa and I approve this message!"

Love my baby!

By on Saturday, February 02, 2013

Pros: "Smooth drive, good get-up-and-go, pretty truck"

Cons: "No 4x4=Gets stuck EASY!"

"Love this truck! I got it for my 16th birthday and fell in love! She drives amazingly and is real stunning. Loaded the bed up to the roof full of dirt and she acted like nothing was there. I Have had to get a new alternator driving across country and new spark plugs because she hadnt gotton new ones since she was manufactured. About to be getting a horse trailer, just hope everything goes well. Never towed a trailer with her."

One of the best trucks made

By on Saturday, December 22, 2012

"I have continually found my Ford F-150, in the FX4 configuration, to be a highly reliable and virtually trouble free multi-purpose vehicle. In over 100,000 miles the only problem I have encountered was a malfunctioning spark plug coil. I look forward to keeping it as long as it is economically feasible to do so. In the past, I have owned other makes of trucks that I can not speak so highly of. This is a great truck."

the best most reliable vehicle I ever owned

By on Thursday, August 23, 2012

Pros: "reliable , dependable . still looks good"

"I love this truck ..the only thing I hate is that it is getting old and getting a lot of miles on it . I wish I could buy another one brand new. Just get in it and drive.. starts and runs great everyday"

Excellent first truck!!

By on Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Pros: "Good looking, dependable truck"

Cons: "Not very comfortable"

"I got this truck six months ago on my sixteenth birthday and have loved every second of owning it. Have not had any problems in six months or 4000 miles. The 5.4 Triton gives good power for being 10 years old. Fuel mileage is about 12-13 in town and 17 on the highway. The four wheel drive FX4 package has handled the mud and snow I've thrown at it. I believe that this is Ford's best F150 style to date. The interior is very well thought out and every button and nob is within easy reach of the driver. The only thing is the seats, after awhile they feel like plywood. But, that has nothing to do with reliability. If I keep having good luck with this truck I will be a devoted Ford fan for life."

Good Truck

By on Thursday, June 07, 2012

Pros: "Reliability, off road capabilities, gas mileage"

Cons: "Slow, not much power"

"I love this truck and it's been so good to me for so many years. I bought it in TX and drove straight back from the dealership 1200 miles to MN where i live. The only thing that was wrong with it is that the actuator went out. That was an easy fix although it's going bad again. Overall i've only put maintenance repairs into it except for the ac went out. The biggest problem with this truck is that it's too dull. There is nothing exceptional about this truck what so ever. It's slow, not a huge amount of torque, and the gas mileage is average. I would buy this just for the reliability."

Great truck, runs hard, looks good doin it.

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

"I used to trade my vehicles in every 6 months or so. This truck I've had for approx 10 years. I'm afraid if I get rid of it, I won't be able to find anything as depepndable or comforatable as this again."

Harley edition F150 is a step above the norm

By on Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pros: "Fairly priced, luxury interior and ride,"

Cons: "Fuel consumption 13/15"

"You have to hand it to Ford and Harley Davidson. They have been building winning combinations for over 10 year. The attention to both performance and styling is clearly visible in this low mileage well maintained example. One of the nicest unmolested all stock HD trucks I've seen or owned. Older adult owned never raced or misused."

Great truck with no complaints

By on Thursday, April 23, 2015

Pros: "Price, durability, and comfort"

Cons: "fuel cost when towing and no build in bluetooth"

"Purchased the truck for a great prices with a little over a 100,000 miles and I have put on another 130,000. Normal high mileage repairs (alternator at 120,00 and fuel pump at 130,000)with no other issues. I have been putting around 120 to 150 miles per day 5 days a week with occasional towing on the weekends. Surprisingly I have had no transmission issues. I was expecting a transmission job by 200,000 miles but no issues. Great truck. Would not hesitate to buy another one with high miles."

Rides like a Lincoln

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "Well built & reliable`"

Cons: "15 mpg for the entire life of the truck but normal"

"By far the best truck I've ever owned. Normal maintenance and a few repairs over the 12+ years I've owned her. It owes me nothing. Well made & reliable That's why I don't want to give her up! Ford does a great job with the trucks. I hope they continue."

Best vehicle I've owned!

By on Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Pros: "Reliable if taken care of. Easy to work on."

"We bought this truck in 2005 with 95,000 miles on it and it needed new diff carrier bearings. I put them in and have had no trouble with it since. I have replaced all of the c.o.p.s with new MSD coils and it runs great. Very reliable. Mine is rated at 7700lbs and it has towed everything very well thats been behind it. I will keep this truck until I cant drive it anymore. Extremely pleased!!"

Love This Truck. Wish I Could Buy Another new 1

By on Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Pros: "Good Truck, Never Let Me Down."

Cons: "Wish I Had Bought The 4Door So I Could Keep It."

"I have owed a few trucks in my 27 years of driving. This truck by far the best truck I have ever owned. I hate the fact that it is getting time to look for another truck. I have owned this one for near 10 years and it still looks and drives like its new. Of course I take care of the truck like you should but Ford did a wonderful job when they built this truck. I average 16-18 miles per gallon almost like clock work. That's good for any truck. I take this truck to be serviced every 3-6 k in miles which is about once every 4 months for me and its rare that I have to do anything major to it. Just followed the maintenance plan with the shop I use which is and ASE CERTIFIED SHOP "Advanced Auto Center" in West Sacramento and life has been good. If you are looking to buy this truck, it wont let you down. Enjoy!"

Thats right... over quarter million miles

By on Monday, December 19, 2011

Pros: "original engine original trans orig, orig,orig,"

Cons: "gas mileage is 15 miles to a gallon"

"I am debating selling this or trading in for a new f150. purely for the sake that I have 254,000 miles on it. This truck has the same everything!!! (new brakes and tires ofcourse). Its been mostly highway miles. This truck has been reliable- milaeage speaks for itself"

never want to get rid of this truck

By on Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Pros: "Also because I have arthritis in the neck and shoulders it is easy to get into."

Cons: "Every now and then it gets a dent, no fault of mine, that won't come out by itself."

"I purchased 3 used 2002 at one time at a great price figuring to sell 2 (at a good profit), get one free. My brother wanted one then my nephew wanted one an you can't make money on family so I got one at a good deal. This has been the best investment I have made. A great vehicle that does everything I want it to."

Great vehicle exept for the rust

By on Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Pros: "good milage easy to drive."

Cons: "body sets little too high. I am 6 ft and have to hop in."

"Loved this truck until I found large rust hole under driverside floor. Other points rusting outbad. Outside body looks great drivers front bottom going. Heart broken. needs under coating avable. My last ford lasted 20 yrs because I had it under coated."

good truck

By on Thursday, September 08, 2011

Pros: "dependable"

Cons: "no towing power"

"6 cylinder gets about 18 mpg. Very reliable; but very little towing power. If you are looking for a truck for light hauling and commuting this is a great vehicle; if you are looking to tow a RV or trailer this would be a bad choice."

This is been a great truck.

By on Thursday, September 01, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable ride, great on the freeway. Good hauling capacity."

Cons: "Way to easy to go 90 mph between Boise and Salt Lake City."

"My alternator just went out, but otherwise there have been no problems. I really love the V-8 on the freeway, and I get 18 miles per gallon at 70 miles per hour, and hauling a load of bark dust or firewood is just a breeze. Good to see other owners are getting well over 200k on their odometers. I plan on keeping my F-150 for a very, very long time."

Good Quality

By on Friday, June 04, 2010

"Have owned my 2003 since 06'. Never had an issue with it. 4.6L is a little on the weak side when it comes to towing/hauling anything. Decent fuel economy for a 4x4 truck. Back seat not very comfortable for teens/adults. Like the Auto. Temp. Overall a good truck!"

Outstanding Truck!

By on Saturday, July 11, 2009

"This is by far one of the best trucks that I myself have ever owned, I opted to have the interior wood grain kit and side nerf bars installed upon purchase of the truck, and they added an awesome touch to an already stylish truck. The 5.4L Triton engine has plenty of power and is extremely easy to maintain and service. Fuel economy is a 7 out of 10. This truck is easliy comparable to the Harley Davidson edition, or the King Ranch edition F-150s. Outstanding Truck!"

very good truck

By on Tuesday, June 09, 2009

"I had this truck for 6 years, longest i ever owned a car. Very reliable and really good comeback when people talk smack about fords, i have absolutly no plans to sell it and will rather replace the engine than trading it in for a another truck."

Love my truck!

By on Tuesday, December 02, 2008

"I bought mine used in 2005, she was 3 years old and had about 45k on it. Since then I have run her up over 108k and it still drives like the day I bought it. Mine is a silver FX4 Flareside, and I have never seen another identical. I have tried several times to trade it in for an upgrade to an F250, but I cant bring myself to part with it! It has been reliable, hands down the best I have ever owned and I will probably never get rid of it."

great truck

By on Monday, July 30, 2007

"I bought my 03 new. reg.cab,4.2,5speed manual,3.55 posi. on the freeway it gets 22 mpg,town is around 14. The clutch slave cyl. went out but was covered under warranty. Now with 49,000 miles ive had no other problems. If you have to settle for a v6 make sure you get it with a stick. I had prior the same truck except with an auto, had no power,less mpg so I traded for one with a manual. much,much better."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford F150 SuperCrew Cab near Honolulu. See local deals