• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2012 Ford F150 Super Cab

Based on 701 Ratings for the 2009 - 2014 models.

Not bad truck

By on Thursday, January 29, 2015

Pros: "Good brakes, good steering, good appearance"

Cons: "Gas mialage, low gearing, bad torque curve"

"Thought when i bought the truck it had limited slip differential, was wrong, so its worthless on loose gravel pulling a boat. The drivers side rear door you have to slam to get it properly closed or it rattles. Doors squeek do to poor fit with rubber gaskets. When you close the doors the drivers and passanger seat shake like they arent bolted down or are on a rubber spring. No low end torque, power only comes on after 3500 rpm. Weird gear ratio, can go 90 mph in 3rd gear, so the rest of the 6 speed seems tall. In SC alot of hills, continuous shifting 4,5,6,5,4 gears. Rated 21 mpg hwy. there is no way in heck that is realistic unless you always drive down a hill. The oem 18 inch tires michelin were basically car tires and only lasted 25,000 miles, . Radio speakers trash at 10,000 miles. this truck is basically a grocery getter. Bought new, lost over $18,000 in value the first year which is unbelieveable. With better gearing, lower engine rpm with more torque, realistic mpg, better fit and finish and needs to retain better resale value. Over all its not a bad truck, less my concerns listed above."

Love this truck. Many compliments on looks.

By on Sunday, January 25, 2015

Pros: "Love the pickup and go Ecoboost"

Cons: "as all wish for better MPG. 16/21"

"Ford F150 Supercab is very roomy. I haven't had a passenger yet who hasn't commented on the amount of interior room. Quality is great and long term wear hardly shows. Only negative is that the 20" Pierelli tires didn't do that well in high snow, but then again I've never been stuck."

FORD IS AMAZINGLY AWESOME

By on Saturday, January 24, 2015

Pros: "Fun on the highway and the other roads"

Cons: "Cloth seats, just RWD"

"This truck is amazing and it can tow our 23 foot boat like it is just 2 pounds and it weighs 3500 pounds! It could tow our 5000 pound minivan, although we've never tried it. It's just so awesome! My sister says she feels car sick in the back but she never pukes. She has to sit in the middle, which I don't like because I never have any arm room. This truck is just too good although it is only RWD (some are AWD). It has ALOT of legroom in the back and the front. Please tell me if this is helpful. FORD IS AWESOME!!!!!!"

Could be much better

By on Friday, January 23, 2015

Pros: "reliable"

Cons: "poorly designed"

"F150 has a 2 level front window - absolutely impossible to be comfortable with your arm on the window sill and no way can you use an ATM machine without getting out of the vehicle. It's also very hard to use many drive through windows. Center console looks huge until you open it and see there's almost no room inside -- I don't get it, why bother? For me it's too high off the ground, I actually pulled a tendon in my leg due to it. Unfortunately for these reasons I would not recommend it to anyone -- sad because I really loved my 2001 F150 but the 2013 just has too many basic design flaws - I doubt the designers ever drove a pickup."

Awesome truck, best truck for the money!

By on Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Pros: "Fun,tough,great looking,"

Cons: "Not great on gas"

"I'm not a Ford person,I'm not a Chevy person,I'm not a Dodge person. All I knew is that I wanted a nice truck for my hard earned money, so I test drove a top of the line Chevy,Dodge and the F-150 . The interior and amenities of the F-150 were outstanding in every way...the Ford just felt better, more comfortable,stronger, safer. I got out after the test drive and just knew that I had to have my 2013 Ford F-150 lariat 4x4. This week I will have owned my truck for about a year and am sure happy with the decision I made."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford F150 Super Cab near Honolulu. See local deals