• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
1997 Ford F150 Super Cab Consumer Reviews

Best Truck Ever!

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2012

"My father bought this truck brand new in 1998 and the ONLY major problem was the manifold bolts rotting off, which is a very common problem. I have always loved the truck so he gave it to me when he got his next truck (the only reason for this being he needed more seating). This truck has never broken down on the side of the road even while it has been used hard by an avid outdoors man and contractor for 14 years. It has great off road capabilities and towing power, yet still handles well. The engine never fails to start and the transmission never slips or grinds even on fast take offs with a boat trailer and a bed filled to the cap with hunting and fishing supplies. The only downfall of this great vehicle is obviously the gas mileage of the 5.4 liter V8. But all in all this is a REAL truck and not for people who are overly concerned with gas mileage."

Amazing Truck!

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "Great day to day truck"

Cons: "mpg"

"This truck has done exactly what i have needed it too, from pulling my boat to the boat launch to taking a bob cat to the work site it has never let me down. I drive it everyday and there hasnt been a day it left me sitting with my hand on the phone calling AAA! I would probably buy another truck like this from 97-04 there a great work/ recreational vehicle that will do the work and let ya have a little fun with out having a hissy fit."

I love my truck

By on Sunday, May 18, 2008

"This is my third F-150 ever owned, 2nd 4X4. I've owned it for over 8 years and I love this truck!! It has never left me stranded, even when little things go wrong. I am a big believer in NOT taking it to the dealer UNLESS I can't figure it out and fix it. That has been easy because it really hasn't given me any trouble that I could fix. The biggest problem was the Idle Air Controller @ 100K miles. Truck wouldn't idle at all. $42 part at Auto Zone. (**No check engine light for this**) Had to look in my Haynes Manual. Had two coils go bad at 108K (#1 and #3) both were easy to diagnose with Advance Auto Parts' help and the free scan of the check engine light. $109 at Ford for each, $57 at Advanced Auto Parts. Would cost $126 to do diagnostics at the dealership. I am not stupid. I do my research first. Rear posi clutch packs made noise at 10K and had rebuilt by Ford at no charge. "Multifuction switch" replaced due to recall. Windshield frame repaired due to "missing piece from the factory". Cause water to collect and leak in on my feet. Other than that, I can't complain. My truck has been overloaded in towing and payload capacity and took it in stride. It's been to the floor boards in mud and airborne a couple of times about 3-5 feet. It's been coast to coast TWICE at 85mph and not even a hiccup. Not that great on gas, but hey, it's a 4X4 truck and I'm not about to give it up."

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo....

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted