2015 Ford F150 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,937 - $25,337.

Click on an icon below to access that browser�s download page.

Info valid for your area through 07/28/2016

10/9.3

9.4

Based on 35 Ratings for the 2015 - 2016 models.

9.8/10

WOW What a surprise !!

By on Monday, May 2, 2016

Pros: "2.7L Ecoboost,quiet cabin,smooth ride,"

Cons: "no cons yet"

"I have read a lot of reviews on this truck and people seem to complain about the ride. The first thing I noticed when I took the truck out was how incredibly smooth the ride is. I actually feel like I’m floating when I drive this truck. Yes , bad roads can be bumpy but that can be said for any truck. I used to own a RAM with the 4 corner air suspension and I have to say I find this truck at least as smooth as the RAM was perhaps even smoother. Secondly , the 2.7L EcoBoost engine. What a terrific engine this is. When you put your foot down it really takes off. It is much more spirited than the HEMI I used to drive. I have owned this truck for about a month . I bought it used with 14,500 km on it. I have put about 1000 km on so far and the mileage (mostly city driving) is 12.8L/100 km (18.4 mpg) which is far better than any truck I have ever owned . I quite like the Auto Stop/Start feature. Not sure why anyone wouldn’t. It is so seamless when you take your foot off the brake it is started and ready to go by the time you get your foot on the gas pedal. The ride is also very quiet . Minimal to no cabin noise at highway speeds. Visibility is excellent. The My Ford Touch. Also have read a lot of negative reports on this system. I quite like it. The voice activated commands work well. Reads my texts to me. I have previously used the Uconnect from RAM and whatever Nissan has in their vehicles. This system is at least as good as the Uconnect and way ahead of Nissan. Some reviews also complain about the number of buttons on the steering wheel. In order to have access to all the systems at your finger tips , buttons are required. If they weren’t there , people would complain there wasn’t access from buttons on the steering wheel. It’s not hard to figure out. They are grouped together i.e. cruise control lower left , phone and voice activation lower right , etc. The rear camera is very clear and I have the 8 inch screen so that’s nice too. The LED’s in the bed are a real nice touch too. Can just turn on and off at bed level. If you forget to turn off , no worries , they will automatically shut off after 10 minutes. My truck is the tuxedo black. I swore I would never own another black vehicle after owning one in the late 80's. I got such a great deal on this truck I couldn’t turn it down regardless of color. This is a very nice black. It is quite sparkly. I am actually glad I have this color. The seats are comfortable. Lots of room in the rear. I don’t have air conditioned seats but I do have heated seats and they do heat quickly. I really like the updated interior design on the 2015 F-150. I didn’t much care for the round vents on previous models. I wanted the bench seat rather than the console but was afraid storage would suffer. Even with the bench seat there is all kinds of storage to fit whatever you may actually carry in a vehicle. I don’t need it to be big enough to hold a suitcase !! All in all this is a terrific truck. I never thought I would ever own a Ford but I sure am glad to have this truck. It is a pleasure to drive and I look forward to driving it every time I get in it. My only regret is that this truck does not have the tailgate step. But this is an amazing truck from top to bottom and front to rear. I absolutely love it !!! If you are considering buying a truck , make sure you take out an F-150 . You won’t be disappointed !!"

Great Truck

By on Saturday, July 9, 2016

Pros: "Light weight due to the new alluminun body =0 Rust"

Cons: "since is lighter than ever should give better mpg"

"Have been waiting long for this new F150, great design, nice and quiet interior and a pleasure to drive, mine (2016) is still too new to have a opinion about quality and reliability but I'm sure that is not going to be an issue since this is the number one Ford's selling car and historically have the best reputation in the market."

This is the BEST Truck I have ever owned

By on Monday, April 4, 2016

Pros: "LED side mirror spotlights and LED box lighting."

"I have had the Ram 1500 and the Toyota Tacoma. Thought I would test drive the Ford F150 SuperCrew. From the moment I got behind the wheel I was sold. Mine has the 10 way power seats with lumbar support, very nice. The cab is beautifully designed and comfortable. I am 6'4 and this cab is spacious. My 3 Teenagers appreciate the roomy back seat. Controls are well laid out and user friendly. I love the Sync 3. The ride is quiet and smooth. I purchased the 5.0L V8 and I gotta say I love the power and acceleration of this truck. I got the Lariat 501A equipment group, with other add-ons like Leather Bucket Seats, the Lariat Chrome Package, and 18" Chrome wheels. This truck just looks SEXY. With the interior lighting and side mirror spotlights, this truck is a sight at night when you wake it up for an evening drive. The tailgate step is a nice option. The price can be a little steep once you start adding options but you really can not put a price on Quality. My 1st truck was a Ford Ranger, glad I found my way home again with this Ford F150."

New Ford F150 Supercrew Lariat

By on Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Pros: "Lighter weight, very good acceleration, great look"

"Recently traded my 2013 FX4 in to get the new lighter improved Ford F150. Was skeptical on the smaller ecoboost engine but one test drive proved me wrong. Great response on acceleration and averaging 22mpg. Many improvements have been made in just 2 model years over my trade-in. Feel like Ford has invested lots of money for improvements and yet kept the price within range for most consumers"

Only 122ish wheelbase with advanced engine

By on Thursday, November 12, 2015

Pros: "Good value $28K, advanced, refined, capable"

Cons: "A little rough riding empty on bumps, tall"

"I needed and wanted a pickup; needed to make a change for a few years, but kept waiting and waiting for an affordable diesel choice, as I love well-designed diesel engines and/or advanced engine technologies that greatly improve mpg and decent power and capability. Ram had one but required over $38K, more cab and seats and more features than I wanted or needed in a truck. Needed no more than a compact truck or what is called nowadays--midsize truck, but they do not offer regular cabs, so the price is pretty much a wash compared to full size trucks. This makes the value much better for full size for those who just want a little more than a work truck. Waited on the Canyon Duramax diesel, but when it came out, GM forces a buyer into four big doors and all the towing and active safety options pushing the entry price to nearly $35K. I gave up on the diesel and got a 122" wheel base, reg. cab, F150 with the 2.7 Ecoboost. Direct injection turbo, gas engine is no diesel but mileage has been decent so far at or about 23 mpg in mixed, conservative driving. The truck is nearly perfect (just a little tall and a little bumpy on really rough pavement due to its light weight and payload capability, which leaves it a little too unsprung empty, but that's a good thing as I know it will haul well). I've got 375 peak lbs foot of torque at only 3000 RPM and 23 mpg in a full-size truck that has an advanced and comfortable ride and a 6' 7" bed. What more can one say."