2002 Ford F150 Regular Cab

Based on 1365 Ratings for the 2001 - 2003 models.

2001 was a good year for some things... like this

By on Saturday, January 05, 2013

Pros: "Rides like a Lincoln. Captain's seats. Comfortab"

Cons: "Parallel parking. Otherwise, no cons."

"I hardly ever see a used 2001 Ford F150 for sale. Reason? It was an excellent year for Ford and they built reliable trucks. I have replaced the starter and the heater core recently, but otherwise I have spent no money on this vehicle except normal expenses that apply to any vehicle. I purchased knobby snow tires that get me through PA winters. A flick of the wrist and I am in four-wheel drive. Decent gas mileage. Comfortable."

Heavy puller

By on Sunday, July 05, 2009

"The truck pulls well with the 4.2 lt v6. Paint is very durable and cleans well. A/C blows cold and is very quick to cool. Truck picks up speed well. Never had any mechanical problems with vehickle in 84000 miles. Stereo is ok and works well. Lighting at night is very visable"

the best most reliable vehicle I ever owned

By on Thursday, August 23, 2012

Pros: "reliable , dependable . still looks good"

"I love this truck ..the only thing I hate is that it is getting old and getting a lot of miles on it . I wish I could buy another one brand new. Just get in it and drive.. starts and runs great everyday"

One of the best trucks made

By on Saturday, December 22, 2012

"I have continually found my Ford F-150, in the FX4 configuration, to be a highly reliable and virtually trouble free multi-purpose vehicle. In over 100,000 miles the only problem I have encountered was a malfunctioning spark plug coil. I look forward to keeping it as long as it is economically feasible to do so. In the past, I have owned other makes of trucks that I can not speak so highly of. This is a great truck."

Excellent first truck!!

By on Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Pros: "Good looking, dependable truck"

Cons: "Not very comfortable"

"I got this truck six months ago on my sixteenth birthday and have loved every second of owning it. Have not had any problems in six months or 4000 miles. The 5.4 Triton gives good power for being 10 years old. Fuel mileage is about 12-13 in town and 17 on the highway. The four wheel drive FX4 package has handled the mud and snow I've thrown at it. I believe that this is Ford's best F150 style to date. The interior is very well thought out and every button and nob is within easy reach of the driver. The only thing is the seats, after awhile they feel like plywood. But, that has nothing to do with reliability. If I keep having good luck with this truck I will be a devoted Ford fan for life."

Good Truck

By on Thursday, June 07, 2012

Pros: "Reliability, off road capabilities, gas mileage"

Cons: "Slow, not much power"

"I love this truck and it's been so good to me for so many years. I bought it in TX and drove straight back from the dealership 1200 miles to MN where i live. The only thing that was wrong with it is that the actuator went out. That was an easy fix although it's going bad again. Overall i've only put maintenance repairs into it except for the ac went out. The biggest problem with this truck is that it's too dull. There is nothing exceptional about this truck what so ever. It's slow, not a huge amount of torque, and the gas mileage is average. I would buy this just for the reliability."

Great truck, runs hard, looks good doin it.

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

"I used to trade my vehicles in every 6 months or so. This truck I've had for approx 10 years. I'm afraid if I get rid of it, I won't be able to find anything as depepndable or comforatable as this again."

Thats right... over quarter million miles

By on Monday, December 19, 2011

Pros: "original engine original trans orig, orig,orig,"

Cons: "gas mileage is 15 miles to a gallon"

"I am debating selling this or trading in for a new f150. purely for the sake that I have 254,000 miles on it. This truck has the same everything!!! (new brakes and tires ofcourse). Its been mostly highway miles. This truck has been reliable- milaeage speaks for itself"

Harley edition F150 is a step above the norm

By on Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pros: "Fairly priced, luxury interior and ride,"

Cons: "Fuel consumption 13/15"

"You have to hand it to Ford and Harley Davidson. They have been building winning combinations for over 10 year. The attention to both performance and styling is clearly visible in this low mileage well maintained example. One of the nicest unmolested all stock HD trucks I've seen or owned. Older adult owned never raced or misused."

This is been a great truck.

By on Thursday, September 01, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable ride, great on the freeway. Good hauling capacity."

Cons: "Way to easy to go 90 mph between Boise and Salt Lake City."

"My alternator just went out, but otherwise there have been no problems. I really love the V-8 on the freeway, and I get 18 miles per gallon at 70 miles per hour, and hauling a load of bark dust or firewood is just a breeze. Good to see other owners are getting well over 200k on their odometers. I plan on keeping my F-150 for a very, very long time."

Rides like a Lincoln

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "Well built & reliable`"

Cons: "15 mpg for the entire life of the truck but normal"

"By far the best truck I've ever owned. Normal maintenance and a few repairs over the 12+ years I've owned her. It owes me nothing. Well made & reliable That's why I don't want to give her up! Ford does a great job with the trucks. I hope they continue."

Best vehicle I've owned!

By on Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Pros: "Reliable if taken care of. Easy to work on."

"We bought this truck in 2005 with 95,000 miles on it and it needed new diff carrier bearings. I put them in and have had no trouble with it since. I have replaced all of the c.o.p.s with new MSD coils and it runs great. Very reliable. Mine is rated at 7700lbs and it has towed everything very well thats been behind it. I will keep this truck until I cant drive it anymore. Extremely pleased!!"

Love This Truck. Wish I Could Buy Another new 1

By on Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Pros: "Good Truck, Never Let Me Down."

Cons: "Wish I Had Bought The 4Door So I Could Keep It."

"I have owed a few trucks in my 27 years of driving. This truck by far the best truck I have ever owned. I hate the fact that it is getting time to look for another truck. I have owned this one for near 10 years and it still looks and drives like its new. Of course I take care of the truck like you should but Ford did a wonderful job when they built this truck. I average 16-18 miles per gallon almost like clock work. That's good for any truck. I take this truck to be serviced every 3-6 k in miles which is about once every 4 months for me and its rare that I have to do anything major to it. Just followed the maintenance plan with the shop I use which is and ASE CERTIFIED SHOP "Advanced Auto Center" in West Sacramento and life has been good. If you are looking to buy this truck, it wont let you down. Enjoy!"

never want to get rid of this truck

By on Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Pros: "Also because I have arthritis in the neck and shoulders it is easy to get into."

Cons: "Every now and then it gets a dent, no fault of mine, that won't come out by itself."

"I purchased 3 used 2002 at one time at a great price figuring to sell 2 (at a good profit), get one free. My brother wanted one then my nephew wanted one an you can't make money on family so I got one at a good deal. This has been the best investment I have made. A great vehicle that does everything I want it to."

Great vehicle exept for the rust

By on Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Pros: "good milage easy to drive."

Cons: "body sets little too high. I am 6 ft and have to hop in."

"Loved this truck until I found large rust hole under driverside floor. Other points rusting outbad. Outside body looks great drivers front bottom going. Heart broken. needs under coating avable. My last ford lasted 20 yrs because I had it under coated."

good truck

By on Thursday, September 08, 2011

Pros: "dependable"

Cons: "no towing power"

"6 cylinder gets about 18 mpg. Very reliable; but very little towing power. If you are looking for a truck for light hauling and commuting this is a great vehicle; if you are looking to tow a RV or trailer this would be a bad choice."

Good Quality

By on Friday, June 04, 2010

"Have owned my 2003 since 06'. Never had an issue with it. 4.6L is a little on the weak side when it comes to towing/hauling anything. Decent fuel economy for a 4x4 truck. Back seat not very comfortable for teens/adults. Like the Auto. Temp. Overall a good truck!"

Outstanding Truck!

By on Saturday, July 11, 2009

"This is by far one of the best trucks that I myself have ever owned, I opted to have the interior wood grain kit and side nerf bars installed upon purchase of the truck, and they added an awesome touch to an already stylish truck. The 5.4L Triton engine has plenty of power and is extremely easy to maintain and service. Fuel economy is a 7 out of 10. This truck is easliy comparable to the Harley Davidson edition, or the King Ranch edition F-150s. Outstanding Truck!"

very good truck

By on Tuesday, June 09, 2009

"I had this truck for 6 years, longest i ever owned a car. Very reliable and really good comeback when people talk smack about fords, i have absolutly no plans to sell it and will rather replace the engine than trading it in for a another truck."

Love my truck!

By on Tuesday, December 02, 2008

"I bought mine used in 2005, she was 3 years old and had about 45k on it. Since then I have run her up over 108k and it still drives like the day I bought it. Mine is a silver FX4 Flareside, and I have never seen another identical. I have tried several times to trade it in for an upgrade to an F250, but I cant bring myself to part with it! It has been reliable, hands down the best I have ever owned and I will probably never get rid of it."

great truck

By on Monday, July 30, 2007

"I bought my 03 new. reg.cab,4.2,5speed manual,3.55 posi. on the freeway it gets 22 mpg,town is around 14. The clutch slave cyl. went out but was covered under warranty. Now with 49,000 miles ive had no other problems. If you have to settle for a v6 make sure you get it with a stick. I had prior the same truck except with an auto, had no power,less mpg so I traded for one with a manual. much,much better."

best vehicle ive ever owned!

By on Sunday, July 13, 2014

Pros: "very strong and a fun vehicle to opperate"

Cons: "NONE"

"This truck meet my expectations and surpassed them by miles! Only issue is it needed a shorter and longer battery than the one I got with it but a very easy fix, id recommend this truck to anyone!"

Best vehicle my family has ever owned hands down.

By on Thursday, January 02, 2014

Pros: "Ultra reliable, great utility, great engine, solid"

Cons: "Ride is on the hard side, bad sound system"

"In 2006 I was at my local Ford dealer and saw a beautiful certified pre-owned regular cab F-150 in silver, step side, XLT, with the sport package and the upgraded factory alloys. It had 32K miles on it and was basically brand new. We Bought it for 15,000 and I was happy. Now in 2014, with over 111K miles on it, this little truck has proven itself to be the most reliable and painless to own vehicle we have ever had. To put it into perspective, we have owned many vehicles. Some include include: 69' Thunderbird with a 429, two Lincoln LTDs, an MG Midget, 72' Mach 1, 89' Bronco II, 93' Cadillac DeVille, 2003 Mustang Mach 1, 2004 Cadillac DTS, 2004 RX-8, and a 2010 Fusion Hybrid. All of these vehicles had been purchased new or had under 35k miles on them at time of purchase and all had been well cared for and had all services performed at scheduled times as well as extra things such as injector cleaner, RXP, throttle body cleaners, and many other additives. Oil changes were always at 3-4k mile periods. The F-150 has hands down been the best of the litter in terms of not only utility, but reliability and toughness. It has NEVER broken down or even had anything break for that matter. All that has gone wrong with it is the bulb in the bed light burned out, the spring for the dash cup holder popped out and had to put it back, and the fuse for the AC panel lights blew and needed to be changed. Everything else has been scheduled services as per the factory, tires, new shocks, and break service. The 4.6 SOHC V8 in this truck is a Jewell and a work horse. It may only put out 235Hp but it pulls hard and at cruise turns over at 1800 rpm on the highway. MPG is horrid of course, as were all trucks at the time, but it can still manage 18-19 mpg on the highway if you are careful. This motor and tranny is practically bullet proof as long as you aren't doing something it isn't designed to do like towing loads more than rated. Mechanically, it has been a solid rock. Tranny is still excellent, motor runs like new, power steering does wine a bit but always has, rear diff is still flawless, and the A/C works way way too well. Of course, it would probably show a little more wear if I had been doing a lot of towing but I don't. This truck was for commuting and hauling home improvement materials for as long as we have owned it. Tile, lumber. Wood flooring, landscaping pavers and slate, furniture, and many other things were on the list of regular inhabitants in the bed. The interior has held up like a champ. If it wasn't for a very small worn spot on the left corner of the drivers seat bottom, it would in all seriousness look new. Roof lining, carpets, door panels, the dash, steering wheel, even the center arm rest (this is the 40/60 cloth seats with fold down arm rest) looks like new and functions the same. The only downside to the interior is that the factory sound system is absolutely useless, especially the speakers. They are very easy to change and I recommend doing so. Changing the factory head unit is also very easy to do and I recommend that as well. The exterior has been just as bullet proof as the mechanics and interior. No issues whatsoever. Paint has held up like a champ and has not faded (Texas vehicle but garage kept when home), the bumpers are surprisingly strong and can take a good hit and not show anything from it, and the headlights have no habit of fogging or loosing clarity like some vehicles this age do. Working on this truck is also very easy. The engine bay is quite roomy and everything is easy to get to. Surprisingly, we are still on the original belts and hoses! Still no cracks or any other signs of needing replacement. Even the bed pan is easy to replace if you so desire. As for driving dynamics and comfort, it's a truck from the early 2000's guys. The ride is pretty stiff and bouncy at times but surprisingly it is very smooth and comfortable when on a semi-smooth to smooth road. Going with slightly oversized tires really helps the ride quality quite a bit. The steering response is of course a bit loose and disconnected but still confident and very easy. Breaking is very good although again, it is a 11 year old truck. It isn't like the newer ones. The drivers seat is actually quite comfortable and the cab is very roomy. The passenger seat is not as comfortable and is a bit hard but still OK. Road noise is actually pretty low but the wind noise is pretty high but again, this is common with all trucks of the period. As a comparison, our 2004 Cadillac DTS was purchased certified pre-owned with 39k miles on it. It now has 74k miles in it and has broken and required shop time on 9 different occasions. Mostly electrical issues as well as oil leaks and a few other mechanical problems. We had similar experiences with the 93' Cadillac DeVille. The RX-8 lost an ignition coil at 56k miles which was common for that car and I sold it soon after for financial reasons, we sold the 03' Mach 1 for financial reasons but never had an issue with it after 40k miles, The fusion has 42k on it as of now and has never had an issue. The 89' Bronco II was a lemon but after all the issues were taken care of it became a great little SUV. Albeit underpowered and cramped. Overall, the F-150 has become our pride and joy. No it doesn't ride as nice as the Fusion or the Cadi, it's not nearly as fun as the RX-8 or Mach 1, and it doesn't have all the luxuries of the newer cars, but it has never let us down, has done everything we ever asked of it, and every step of the way it would just shrug its shoulders and ask for more. I love this truck and because it has been such a great vehicle and a great friend, I will never sell it. When it's beating heart finally dies of old age years down the road I will just get it a heart transplant. Even today it still puts a smile on my face because it has been so good to us. It also helps that I have a lot of memories in it :)"

Nicest truck I've ever owned!

By on Thursday, March 21, 2013

Pros: "great power,great looks outside and inside"

Cons: "8 mpg,havin fun around town =)"

"I own the 03 two tone silver/black ford harley davidson,This is really the nicest truck I have owned,great performance with the supercharger,and the looks the best as well as the interior all custom from factory,I havnt had any problems with it at all and never let me down,I berned several hemys on the freeway and other trucks the supercharger feature is the best specially at high speeds it gives you a great boost of power,really sad to see it go I am selling it soon because of space isses it only seats 4,and we have 2 kids so that is the main issue,mi kid 4 yo loves it and I think he will miss it as much as i do,"

Good Ford truck

By on Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Pros: "Very useful vehicle, holds its value!"

Cons: "Gas mileage in town"

"This is my second F-150, and currently have a 4x4. Very useful for everyday needs and hauling, as I am a big guy. Gas mileage not so good, but I offset that by planning my trips. I am retired and would be concerned if commuting to a job. This 2003 with 126,000 has little required maintenance, or service needed. Good reliability! Secure feeling of driving a larger vehicle than these new pubble jumpers showing up. I am keeping it for hopefully another 10 years."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford F150 Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals