2000 Ford F150 Regular Cab

Based on 1054 Ratings for the 1997 - 2000 models.

Work truck, turned to casual driver

By on Thursday, December 19, 2013

Reason: Moved to the city

Pros: "lots of power, comfortable, feels big but not f350"

Cons: "MPG, 100k maintenence"

"I originally bought the '97 FX4 extended cab for a lawn mowing business, and after selling the business, kept the truck because of how much I liked it. I owned it from 111k to 126k, and did the first spark plug change and coil replacement, not cheap ($850) but standard maintenance doesn't need to be discounted. 4x4 was not super-reliable in the cold weather (10 degrees F and below), but was a $150 fix. I love the 5.4, and wish it had better mileage than my typical 13-15 mpg, but that baby was fun EVERY time you stepped on the gas. This truck was great at towing, and very stable and capable for larger double-axle trailers; though I mostly towed single axle ATV-style trailers. Sold it when I moved to LA for work. I regret it."

wont be surprised if it makes it to 300k

By on Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pros: "Very reliable and strong"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"I bought this truck for 5k in 2005 with 175k but it already had a new transmission. I replaced the ball joints, #4 coil and a new intake thats it and this truck just won't quit. You can load a scoop of sand on it one day and take it from So Cal to Vegas the next, no problem. And it is such a comfortable ride. Has never let me down."

An Amazing Truck

By on Friday, April 19, 2013

Pros: "When you need speed you got it! Power to spare."

Cons: "gas mileage not so great, but never a concern"

"I bought this truck new in 1998 in Decatur, Al at a dealer that is no longer there. I traded in a Chevy Scottsdale pickup due to excessive mechanical difficulties and not really knowing much about Ford trucks. I have now been driving my F-150 back and forth from Birmingham to Huntsville on a regular basis for many years and it has never broken down. It has been the best and most reliable truck one could ever imagine and i would not hesitate to recommend a Ford pickup to anyone. I hate to give it up but am going to by a new F-150 within the next month."

1999 Ford F150 XLT Triton V8 5.4

By on Tuesday, March 26, 2013

"Honestly i love this truck! it has been very dependable no major problems. When i first bought the truck i was iffy so to speak due to my past experience with Ford vehicles. The truck turned out to be great it had the check engine light on and was fixed within days just some minor air leaks. overall the parts i have added are CAI, Dual 15 Electric fans, 33 MT tires, alpine deck with all new alpine speakers with 2 Kicker CVR and 3000 watt mono. also had fuel economy tune with a DSC chip so instead of the 11 MPG i get about 17 in town which is fantastic for a full size truck with a v8 and 4x4"

Best value and reliability vehicle I ever bought

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Pros: "Reliability, fuel consumption, comfort"

Cons: "A little clumsy in the parking lot."

"A reliable vehicle that seldom needs anything. My v6 5-speed is great on gas for its size and has plenty of power to do any normal task. My first set of tires lasted 160,000 miles. It didn't need spark plugs until after 150,000 miles, and the factory battery lasted 12 years (!). It's not like I never asked the truck to do anything, either. I've hauled loads of furniture, firewood, and other things sometimes hundreds of miles. Among the things that I've never had to service are: clutch/transmission exhaust system rear end Ford might equal the overall value of this truck, but they will never surpass it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford F150 Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals