2000 Ford F150 Regular Cab

Based on 1054 Ratings for the 1997 - 2000 models.

great truck

By on Friday, January 8, 2010

"260000 miles and still running great, heater core is only major repair $800 at dealer,,back window leaked for last 10 yrs"

After 14 years running good - showing age.

By on Friday, October 28, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, tough, wears well."

Cons: "Rear window is terrible and seats are poor."

"Over all has been a good truck. Front wheel bearings replaced, should have done earlier. Affected tire wear. Wear on buttons and interior good. Negatives: Rear sliding window has leaked for years due to poor Ford design - should have been recalled. I hate the seats. Can never get comfortable - back of seat is the issue. I would buy another Ford - Car or Truck."

97 ford f-150

By on Sunday, January 31, 2010

"reliable, v-6 engine plenty of power, big interior,quiet,great ai conditioning,rate a a+ .also it gets 21 m.p. gallon which is great for a full size truck.106,000 miles and many more to go.WHY PAY TOYOTA PRICE FOR PARTS .STICK WITH REAL QUALITY.FORD CHEVY OR DODGE."

"Built Ford Tough" is right

By on Wednesday, November 14, 2007

"Bought the truck brand new. Fell in love with it ever since then. I have worked it hard and maiteained it well. Driven over 182,000 miles on it so far without any major mechanical failure. The engine (4.6 litre) hasn't missed a beat. I've hauled 2000 ilbs over 500 miles with no noticeable damage to the truck. The engine doesn't burn any oil. The power of the engine is exactly the same when I bought it new. The gas mielage for a V-8 truck is the best in its class. Can't go wrong with this vehicle. I get it now, the reason the F150 has been the best selling truck model now for over 40 years."

Good vehicle

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

Pros: "Good gas mileage, fun to drive"

Cons: "gas prices are a little high."

"Bought vehicle and was very happy with it. I am unable to get in any longer. Forced to change vehicles and want to recommend this one for anyone."

Work truck, turned to casual driver

By on Thursday, December 19, 2013

Reason: Moved to the city

Pros: "lots of power, comfortable, feels big but not f350"

Cons: "MPG, 100k maintenence"

"I originally bought the '97 FX4 extended cab for a lawn mowing business, and after selling the business, kept the truck because of how much I liked it. I owned it from 111k to 126k, and did the first spark plug change and coil replacement, not cheap ($850) but standard maintenance doesn't need to be discounted. 4x4 was not super-reliable in the cold weather (10 degrees F and below), but was a $150 fix. I love the 5.4, and wish it had better mileage than my typical 13-15 mpg, but that baby was fun EVERY time you stepped on the gas. This truck was great at towing, and very stable and capable for larger double-axle trailers; though I mostly towed single axle ATV-style trailers. Sold it when I moved to LA for work. I regret it."

wont be surprised if it makes it to 300k

By on Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pros: "Very reliable and strong"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"I bought this truck for 5k in 2005 with 175k but it already had a new transmission. I replaced the ball joints, #4 coil and a new intake thats it and this truck just won't quit. You can load a scoop of sand on it one day and take it from So Cal to Vegas the next, no problem. And it is such a comfortable ride. Has never let me down."

An Amazing Truck

By on Friday, April 19, 2013

Pros: "When you need speed you got it! Power to spare."

Cons: "gas mileage not so great, but never a concern"

"I bought this truck new in 1998 in Decatur, Al at a dealer that is no longer there. I traded in a Chevy Scottsdale pickup due to excessive mechanical difficulties and not really knowing much about Ford trucks. I have now been driving my F-150 back and forth from Birmingham to Huntsville on a regular basis for many years and it has never broken down. It has been the best and most reliable truck one could ever imagine and i would not hesitate to recommend a Ford pickup to anyone. I hate to give it up but am going to by a new F-150 within the next month."

1999 Ford F150 XLT Triton V8 5.4

By on Tuesday, March 26, 2013

"Honestly i love this truck! it has been very dependable no major problems. When i first bought the truck i was iffy so to speak due to my past experience with Ford vehicles. The truck turned out to be great it had the check engine light on and was fixed within days just some minor air leaks. overall the parts i have added are CAI, Dual 15 Electric fans, 33 MT tires, alpine deck with all new alpine speakers with 2 Kicker CVR and 3000 watt mono. also had fuel economy tune with a DSC chip so instead of the 11 MPG i get about 17 in town which is fantastic for a full size truck with a v8 and 4x4"

Best value and reliability vehicle I ever bought

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Pros: "Reliability, fuel consumption, comfort"

Cons: "A little clumsy in the parking lot."

"A reliable vehicle that seldom needs anything. My v6 5-speed is great on gas for its size and has plenty of power to do any normal task. My first set of tires lasted 160,000 miles. It didn't need spark plugs until after 150,000 miles, and the factory battery lasted 12 years (!). It's not like I never asked the truck to do anything, either. I've hauled loads of furniture, firewood, and other things sometimes hundreds of miles. Among the things that I've never had to service are: clutch/transmission exhaust system rear end Ford might equal the overall value of this truck, but they will never surpass it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford F150 Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals