• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

1999 Ford F150 Regular Cab

Based on 1039 Ratings for the 1997 - 2000 models.

Best Truck Ever!

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2012

"My father bought this truck brand new in 1998 and the ONLY major problem was the manifold bolts rotting off, which is a very common problem. I have always loved the truck so he gave it to me when he got his next truck (the only reason for this being he needed more seating). This truck has never broken down on the side of the road even while it has been used hard by an avid outdoors man and contractor for 14 years. It has great off road capabilities and towing power, yet still handles well. The engine never fails to start and the transmission never slips or grinds even on fast take offs with a boat trailer and a bed filled to the cap with hunting and fishing supplies. The only downfall of this great vehicle is obviously the gas mileage of the 5.4 liter V8. But all in all this is a REAL truck and not for people who are overly concerned with gas mileage."

Amazing Truck!

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "Great day to day truck"

Cons: "mpg"

"This truck has done exactly what i have needed it too, from pulling my boat to the boat launch to taking a bob cat to the work site it has never let me down. I drive it everyday and there hasnt been a day it left me sitting with my hand on the phone calling AAA! I would probably buy another truck like this from 97-04 there a great work/ recreational vehicle that will do the work and let ya have a little fun with out having a hissy fit."

BEST RELIABLE TRUCK I HAVE EVER OWNED

By on Friday, September 28, 2012

"I BOUGHT A 98 F 150 TO START OF MY PARTY RENTAL BUSSINESS THE ONLY BAD PART IT WAS SALVAGE TITLE BUT FOR 3,000 IT WAS A GOOD INVESTMENT VERY RELIABLE DEPENDENT AND BUILD TOUGH AND ITS STILL GOING STRONG.I WASN'T A FAN OF FORD BUT WITH THIS TRUCK I TOTALLY CHANGE MY MIND."

10 years and still love it!

By on Friday, July 06, 2012

Pros: "Strong engine, reliable, fun to drive, great 4WD"

Cons: "Bad gas mileage, rusts easily, stereo is so-so"

"My parents bought this truck in 2002 when it was a little over 2 years old; it has given us no problems and can tow way more than the rating is for. We use this truck for EVERYTHING! Sadly, it only gets 14.5mpg the way i drive it and i think it is time that it goes. I really love this truck; however driving 75 miles a day to and from work i cannot afford to fill it up 1-2 times a week. If your looking for an affordable, reliable pickup that does everything you want and more I would recommend this truck. We currently have this f150, a 2008 fusion, a 1998 explorer, a 1990 mustang and a 2004 crown victoria and love them all. Never had any problems with any of them. I am considering trading this truck in now just because it wont be worth much soon. Atm the tail gate is pretty rusty and the doors are rusting a bit, another thing is that the bed mount on the right side is fairly rusty so watch out for that. Other than that this truck is amazing. I hate to see it go but in the future I hope to get an ecoboost f150 or a diesel super duty. Because of this truck I will always love ford. Thanks again ford; your the best!"

great truck

By on Friday, January 08, 2010

"260000 miles and still running great, heater core is only major repair $800 at dealer,,back window leaked for last 10 yrs"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford F150 Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals