2015 Ford Explorer Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $29,876 - $30,693.

10/7.2

8.1

Based on 180 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

You will LOVE it!!

By on Friday, August 14, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive, looks great,"

Cons: "gas mileage could be better, average 13mpg"

"I owned a 2002 Explorer and loved it. When they redesigned them, I fell in love again. I finally broke down and bought a 2014 Sport addition. This car practically drives for you. It is designed to travel in. The seats are incredibly comfortable, it is roomy, 7 people fit easily. This car has easily pulled anything I needed I am a huge techie. This car has pretty much everything you could want in a vehicle, and it looks beautiful and stylish as well! You won't be sorry if you buy one!!"

This explorer will WOW you !

By on Monday, December 10, 2012

Pros: "technology. not any other suv offers more tech."

Cons: "i would like push button AWD."

"I absolutely love my new explorer. the 2013 is awesome. I am a tech freak. i love its connectivity. you can make a phone call without ever lifting your hands. everything is voice activated. you can talk to it and make it do anything from giving you a weather report to changing the cabin temp to putting in a destination on gps... to selecting a given genre of music...this suv has more technology in it then any other suv...and i looked at them all from bmw to cadillac to lexus to chevy and kia. the seats are so comfortable ! do yourself a favor and at least consider one... you'll regret it if you don't. i bought the 2013 ford explorer fully loaded XLT ( I PAID 36K on 41k sticker price...x-plan member) and i am thrilled that i did... it just has so much bang for your buck. im currently AVERAGING 20.5mpg. i am happy with that compared to other suvs on the market."

Great Styling, and Functionality

By on Monday, September 19, 2011

Pros: "Great style, fun to drive, great gas mileage for a mid-size suv, extra safety features"

Cons: "pricey"

"After doing a considerable amount of research, I decided on the Ford Explorer for the following reasons: 1) Technology options - I wanted a car that had voice, and touchscreen capability, as well as Bluetooth, A/V, and iPhone compatibility. 2) Safety Features - A key selling point was the Blindspot indicator system, rear inflatable seat belts for the safety of children, and seniors, as well as front, and side impact air bags 3) Styling - The 2011/2012 Ford Explorer has an aggressive style profile that sets it apart from other SUV's in it's class. Rather than smooth rounded contouring, the Explorer sports a more angular style, especially the front end. 4) Fuel Economy - Best in Class Fuel Economy - FWD 17/25 - Interestingly enough, I've actually gotten better hwy mpg, than the stated 25 mpg."

Love my new Explorer

By on Monday, May 07, 2012

Pros: "Style, Interior Space, Features, Tech Toys, Safety"

Cons: "Uncomfortable Driver Seat, Sluggish Acceleration"

"I've owned my Explorer for 3 weeks and love it. For starters it looks beautiful both inside and out. It's loaded with tech toys and offers lots of cool features. My fuel economy has been averaging about 19mpg for my XLT V6,4WD....so it's performing slightly better than Ford stated on the sticker :) Interior cabin is spacious for the driver and passenger. Rear and third row seats are adequate. Trunk space is tremendous. On the down side, I've found the driver seat to be a little uncomfortable. Also, acceleration from a stop is sluggish when compared to the Ford Edge that I traded. Overall, I'm very happy and would recommend this vehicle. I was also considering the Jeep Grand Cherokee, and know I made the right choice with the Explorer!"

Excellent for first 5K miles

By on Sunday, July 27, 2014

Pros: "Attractive, Good interior room, Gas mileage"

Cons: "Front wheel drive, weak brakes & transmission"

"First NEW car I have been totally satisfied with. As it aged, the quality deteriorated quickly. At 60,000 miles the brakes and transmission are failing. In town and road mileage started out 27 and 29. At 60K miles, it has dropped to 23 and 26.. Never got used to the front wheel "swerve factor". It can make you lose control if you hit the gas too much when turning, as to merge into moving traffic from a side street."

2014 EXPLORER SPORT - AWESOME

By on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, quick, attention grabber"

Cons: "people think i'm a cop, wish radio went louder"

"Awesome car! This is my first SUV I've had and i love it. I feel the right height is perfect. Not too low, and not to high. I dont feel like i'm going to rip my pants when trying to get in like I feel when i'm getting in my buddy's F-150 (no step), yet its high enough to see the road and feel confident while driving. the interior provides options for different interior configurations and it seemed to work perfectly for the one road trip i've had so far. when i first bought the car i though it was a big sluggish than expected. However, I have about 4,000 miles on it now and it seems to be getting quicker everyday and its now about the level i expected it to be. (love hovering around 40mph then punching it!) also, i feel confident in quick cornering, i dont feel like i'm going to tip over. i've even taken the circle exit ramps at 50mph no problem as i would in my mustang also. overall i'm happy with it 100%.. no regrets. i love the look of the sport amd i wouldnt have it any other way. One downside is by having a white explorer with a black grill many people think i'm a cop from a distance so i've seen may car in front of me slow down when i'm coming up on them! (but its also funny). i love the car and i wouldnt trade it for anything. but there a just a couple con's i've came up with: 1. myford touch doesnt recognize pandora 2. i cant get lane keep assist in the sport model 3. i cant get park assist in the sport model 4. no HID lights w/ LED license plte light 5. no automatic wipers.... for 50k i'd expect automatic wipers and HID's to make it look like its worth every bit of that 50,000 i have everything fully loaded besides the screens in the headrest and my sticker price was 49,700. however i'm leasing the car on the Z-plan. 2,000 down 466/month for 24months. 15k miles/yr. hope this helps!"

great vehicle and very roomy..has it all

By on Saturday, January 14, 2012

Pros: "Drives great, fun, cutting edge"

Cons: "A little pricey, tire pressure monitor"

"I bought this vehicle because i have a big family and at 6' i have no problem fiting in the 3rd row. With all the options it is great for travel and rides sooooo smooth. I thought it would have a little more power on take off, but once you get up to speed you need to watch your speedometer because you wont even know you are going 70! It has all the bells and whistles which is a double edged sword. It will do everything you could imagine, but the down side is learning everthing. But, Ford dealerships do offer a 1 hr. class to get to know your vehicle. The only other problem i have found is that when it is really cold ( in the 30's) the tire pressure monitor sensor light comes on. I have talked to others with Ford's ( diff. yr's and models) and they have the same problem. All in all, i love my new vehicle and I am very happy with it. Everyone who sees it loves it and wish they had one."

Loved it at first, not so much now!

By on Monday, July 23, 2012

Pros: "Exterior is a nice looking"

Cons: "Software issues, Rattles, Road Noise"

"My Limited 2011 Ford Exp ended up in the shop twice within the first two months (software crash which disabled the radio, navigation, A/C and center screen). Getting ready to go back after only a year for rattles. The first 6 months in the SUV was nice (other than the software going out twice...now the road noise is like a 5 year old used up car. The glove box and the center console is rattling enough to bring the SUV for the 3rd time. Love the way the exterior looks, but that's about all I like about this SUV now after owning it a year. Definately not happy with spending 42,000 and having it in the shop 2 times for softward issues, going in for a recall and will be brought in for the rattles. Ugh."

Great vehicle for a small family

By on Saturday, January 04, 2014

Pros: "A looker both inside and out. Fun to drive."

Cons: "Tad bit expensive. Not the ideal family vehicle."

"After owning my 2013 Explorer XLT for the past 12 months here are my reviews; OUTSIDE: PROS: The body style, though three years old now, still surprises some people when they find out it's a Ford Explorer. Great design upgrade Ford! The ride is smooth and the wind noise is kept to a minimum for an SUV. CONS: The seemingly wider body can be a challenge to park in narrow parking lot spaces. The body panels are rounded to where you aren't sure if you are going to hit a vehicle while parking. I've gotten use to it but my wife absolutely hates it. The door panels are large and allow road grime and water inside them but the seals keep it out of the cabin. It's more of a cosmetic thing since the only thing it affects is the appearance when you open the doors. Doesn't offer power folding mirrors. These are becoming popular here in the United States (have been STANDARD on all vehicles manufactured in Japan since 1996) and are very nice when parking in parking lots or "two car" garages (since we all know that two car garages will only fit two compact cars). ELECTRICAL: PROS: I really like the My Ford Touch system and have not had any issues with it. There have been two upgrades that have come out this year but I've never had any issues with my system. (Note that I do NOT own the Navigation system that seems to give others issues) I really enjoy the touch screen and the touch responses are pretty quick. There is a lot there, in particular with the Climate controls, but what touch system now a days isn't. The ability to keep the dash readout clean by allowing you to scroll though different gauge settings and views is a plus as well. Rear view camera is a blessing since the field of view outside the back window isn't very large. CONS: The headlights tend to cause other drivers to flash their lights at you because they think you have your brights on. I'm not a big fan of these type of lights because they concentrate the light and therefore either you can see whats there or you can't. There is a defined line of light that limits your night vision. Inside the line of light you see what's there. Outside the line, you don't! In my opinion, this can be very dangerous. Power driver and passenger seats are nice but a bit on the slow side. Speed these up a bit. With the XLT model there are no seat memory settings offered. INTERIOR ROOM: PROS: The seating is nice and offers room for seven. The third row seat is a nice addition as well. CONS: The third row seating takes away leg room from the back seat passengers and the third row seating is really meant for young children so "technically" you can fit seven, but five of those seven better be young children for comfort reasons. The third row is accessible via a flip up back seat on the passenger side only since the back seat is a 60/40 bench (unless you opt for the captain chairs). In my case, I have two young children in forward facing booster seats and a baby in a rear facing car seat. Because of the third row seating moving the back seats forward, YOU CAN NOT PUT A REAR FACING CHILD SEAT BEHIND THE DRIVER OR PASSENGER SEATS WITHOUT HAVING THOSE SEATS IN A MORE FORWARD POSITION THAN WHAT WOULD BE COMFORTABLE. To help you picture this, I am 5'9" and my daughter's rear facing car seat would not fit behind my seat without my knees hugging the dashboard. A rear facing seat will however fit in the middle of the bench seat just fine with both front seats in a normal position. If you have two children (twins maybe) this would not be a good fit for you. The XLT trim level does NOT offer power adjustable gas and brake pedals. However it does try to compensate for this by offering a manual adjustable steering wheel that you can extend or retract based on your arm length needs. Not a big fan of this limitation since my wife's Expedition has power adjustable pedals and she is rather a bit height challenged. POWER: PROS: The 3.5L V-6 is very adequate for everyday driving duties however I wouldn't want to tow much with it. According to my system checks, I average 19.5 MPG which is pleasantly nice for an SUV. CONS: If you are going to offer a tow package, offer a V-8 OR make the 3.5L Twin-Turbo V-6 an option for every trim level and NOT JUST the Explorer Sport trim."

Great Vehicle!

By on Friday, December 21, 2012

Pros: "Fit and finish, ergomonics, great exterior looks"

Cons: "a tad bit under powered"

"This suv is a winner. Excellent fit and finish and great looks. Good gas mileagefor a vehicle of this size. A complete shocker. This is my first American made vehicle and I wholeheartedly endorse the Explorer Limited."