2014 Ford Explorer Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $28,132 - $29,118.

10/7.3

8.1

Based on 177 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Nice Vehicle

By on Sunday, June 14, 2015

"This is my second Explorer, traded in my 2008 Which I really liked for it. The 2008 had better Features, easier to drive. Hard to see the front end of this vehicle. And need to raise the seat all the way up, to see out the side windows."

Poor quality ...worst car I have ever owned.!!

By on Tuesday, November 01, 2011

"Myfordtouch is absolutely horrible....locks up..and then no electronics function at all. Ford customer service offered to provide me with a $400 to purchase a GPS - mobile device to use when the system fails... (are you kidding me.?) ...what is that...why not just FIX THE PROBLEM..!! The all wheel drive system also has a shake to it on acceleration.....that they can not fix after repeated attempts. Oh...and the brakes had to be replaced at 5000 miles. This product is JUNK..beware.."

Very satisfied so far

By on Monday, February 16, 2015

Pros: "Ride and acceleration (Sport with twin turbo)"

Cons: "Touch screen and steering wheel functions"

"I've owned 3 SUVs in the past 3 years (the 2 others were Chrysler products). I got out of the others because they were low quality and unreliable (I had to bring my 2014 Jeep GC in over a dozen times for transmission issues). I've only owned this vehicle for about a month, but so far, I'm very happy with it. I own a 2015 Explorer Sport, and by far the best things about it are the ride and the acceleration. Even with the stiff suspension, the ride is smoother than other SUVs, and the twin turbo delivers smooth acceleration, turning an otherwise lumbering vehicle into a much quicker one. Handling is good for it's size, but I can't say it's nimble. The seats are among the most comfortable I've sat in, although I've had trouble finding a comfortable driving position. That's the one area where I think they could improve - interior design. Having bought the Sport version, I like to drive, and like to have my hands at 10 and 2 on the steering wheel or on top at 12. Everything about the steering wheel is laid out for a lower hand position - maybe 8 and 4. The steering wheel also appears to be less vertical than other vehicles that I've driven - again dictating a lower hand position. This makes it hard not only to get into a comfortable driving position, but also more difficult to use the steering wheel buttons. Having buttons on the rear of the steering wheel like other SUVs do would be a big plus. My other complaint has to do with the touch screen. Because the steering wheel functions are hard to use (I have to go into a menu and hit a button 4-5 times just to changes devices - FM to Sirius), I find myself using the touch screen. The buttons on the touch screen are too small, and I find myself really having to focus on the screen in order to hit the correct button instead of focusing on the road. This is something that could be fixed with bigger buttons, and steering wheel functions that are easier to use. Since the performance of the car is what's most important to me, overall I'm happy, but with some design changes, Ford really could have it a home run with this one."

Love it, got more for my money, than a volvo

By on Friday, March 27, 2015

Pros: "great pick up, quality plus"

Cons: "could get a little better gas mileage."

"I can not say how happy we are."

2nd Explorer, great value

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

Pros: "Features, space, looks, interior"

Cons: "Some plastic parts that are not that great looking"

"After testing couple vehicles of same size, that cost a lot more I have to say they Explorer is impressive. I love tech features and all the space. Blind spot monitoring and myford touch + sync are also great. For people that like technology Explorer will feel like great option. I test drove X5 and ml350, but there almost 50% price premium was not justified, especially since they don't even have some of fords features. Not to mention that maintenance of ford comparing to x5 is a lot cheaper. Oil change for example is 3 times less..."