2014 Ford Explorer Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $29,912 - $30,975.

10/7.3

8.1

Based on 181 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

a great feat in engineering

By on Tuesday, April 05, 2011

"I have owned many suv's and I'm very pleased with my purchase. 2011 Explorer Limited with all the options available. The distractibility of the my Ford touch is only a learning curve that is a lot of fun to figure out. It's comfortable, roomy and not too big to manuver. 3rd row seats are stowed with a touch of a finger(very cool). I drove a VW Touareg for years and this is more refined and nimble. Gas mileage is guestionable as I have not taken a trip of any lenght. Moving from the away from the truck frame is a complete winner. Yeh, I like a smooth ride!!!! The interior is appointed with precision and style. Overall Ford has set the bar high and will challenge the luxury brands. This is not your old Explorer!!!!!"

Worth every Dollar

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "Fit / Finish and dash cluster"

Cons: "---na---have not found any!"

"I have about 1800 miles on my 2012 that I purchased eariler this month.I have owned 14 differnt cars and trucks from Ford and this one is truely awesome. This is the first vechicle I have ever owned that I get better gas mileage that the "sticker" states. I am getting about 18.9 in the city and I have hit 27.2 on the highway doing a comfortable 68mph."

Great SUV

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "Great look, very good ride and plenty of room."

Cons: "Bettor gas mileage and MY Ford needs refinement."

"I really like the way my explorer rides and looks. The car has a good feel on the road and highway. The seats are comfortable and there's plenty of room all the way in the back. This car has good pickup and gets reasonable gas mileage. I wish it got bettor gas mileage on the highway. Mine gets 23-24 straight highway. Overall great value and I really like the look of the car inside and out. The electronics is some times a challenge but overall it works well and I like the nav,"

The BEST car I have ever owned!

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "My FordTouch, 110 ac plug, 4 bucket seats,moonroof"

Cons: "see text - voice command navigation."

"I have owned this car for one year. I have travelled long distance and around town. I do not have the ecoboost system, and have an average MPH currently of 21.7. This car is easy to own. I love the My Ford Touch system in it and all the extras they have added, including extra cup holders. I have a white Limited with 4 bucket seats, and optional third row seating. The controls for the backseat temperature are simple; my three year old adjusts the back row temperature all by himself. I can also control everything from the panel or the steering wheel controls. My only drawback is the voice control has great difficulty hearing you if there are any road noises, car noise or talking. I find it cumbersome to ask the navigation to find directions by voice control, and then confirm the route by looking at the screen, and again having to activate the navigation by touching the screen. This can be difficult to do while navigating busy roads in an unfamiliar city. Also, at times, the selected route takes a while to load, so I have missed my turnoff before. I know there is an update to the navigation that Ford just released. I just need to find 2 hours out of my day to take it in for that. All in all, the Ford Explorer is a great car. I love the roadside route alerts that let you know if an accident is ahead. You can also use is to check the weather, with live radar feeds, use your cellphone to active the internet within the car, and attach your iPad to watch movies on the main screen. My favorite feature is the 110 ac plug in the console. If you can’t find a car charger, or there is a toy that only has a “house plug” on it, no worries. Just plug it in and get on the raod!"

Why Lexus?

By on Thursday, March 17, 2011

"I went to compare the Lexus RX350 and Edge and decided to give the Explorer a try and never reliquished control. The car has an improved interior versus the Lexus (my wife has an RX350) and I have the versatility afforded by the extra room. Towing capacity is plenty for the small boat and responsiveness is impressive. In the end, I spent about $48k after adding an extended warranty and etc...The RX350 was $47k before warranties, tax, title...ect. Basically the Lexus would cost fractionally more but I felt the value was with the Explorer. I have had the car for one week and look forward to driving this for several years."