2014 Ford Explorer Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $30,978 - $31,813.

10/7.3

8.0

Based on 148 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Great SUV, love it.

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "Easy to drive, efficent and stylish."

Cons: "A 6'4" person can not be comfortable driving"

"I bought this vehicle new, have since re-married to a 6'4", 250lb man. Just not enough room for him, so thinking of an Expedition. Love my Fords."

AWESOME CAR

By on Thursday, June 05, 2014

"My 1st ford got the sport well worth the extra money for the bigger engine. The 2.0L was underpowered. Most comfort of any car I have owned. My ford system is easy to operate if you can read left to righ up to down. Very nice ride."

Very good vehicle.

By on Thursday, June 05, 2014

Pros: "Everything."

Cons: "Slight problem with Nav/Gps but fixed under warran"

"Ride, appearance, room, dependability, amenities/technology all fantastic. Slight problem with Nav/Gps but fixed under warranty. I highly recommend this vehicle."

No room in second row

By on Thursday, June 05, 2014

Pros: "price was good, quiet drive."

Cons: "No room for children in car seats."

"I have had the 2013 Ford explorer for a month. We bought it new, but immediately I wanted to return it. Now I will say that the ride is smooth and quiet. However,I have 2 children, one in a booster seat and one in a car seat. Neither one of my children are able to sit comfortably in the 2nd row. The younger child has to sit with his legs apart or crossed in the car seat in order to ride. My husband and I are both a little over 6' tall, so of course the front seats have to be pushed back. This leaves no room in the back. We owned a 2003 Ford Explorer before purchasing this one. The older model had way more room in the back for the children. And to top if off, I called the dealer the next day, and was told there is no time for the customer to return the vehicle. The sales person was very rude about the whole thing, and then mentioned about me getting a survey in an email. I completed my survey, including my dissatisfaction, and I guess Ford let them know. After that the sales person started harassing me about my survey and how it was connected to a bonus. I can't wait to get rid of this car. I am not satisfied at all."

Very Good SUV

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Pros: "Very luxurious for a Ford"

Cons: "Kind of spendy for the limited edition"

"Great car, good power with decent gas mileage. The interior is top quality and contrary to what you hear I really like the MyFordTouch. Couldn't imagine having another car without it."

This SUV Has Been A Great Choice

By on Monday, May 19, 2014

Pros: "Good SUV"

Cons: "Sinc and Touch Screen need lots of work"

"Has Been a good ride 70000 miles no problems,with the running gears.. touch screen and Sinc"now that needs a lot of work" has to be upgraded all the time.I pull a 3500 pound boat to the lake 2 or 3 times a month, 65 miles round trip, does it with ease.."

Best Vehicle I've owned so Far!

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Pros: "Jack-of-all-trades vehicles, reliable"

Cons: "Not made for specifics, i.e off-roading, tech..."

"After driving several luxury vehicles, I have been absolutely in love with my 2011 Ford Explorer XLT model for over 3 years now, and will be loyal to Ford when looking for my next "luxury vehicle". I did have initial heart aches with Sync, but Ford's constant reachback with me, and continuous updates have made this a "luxury vehicle" with no issues and one of the most impressive immersions with technology that I have used to date. The ride is smooth, the control just right, and power enough for my personal needs. When searching I needed a vehicle that was able to go psuedo-offroading, far enough into the fields or forest that didn't require true 4-wheel drive provided from the likes of Jeep. Comfortable enough to make passengers pass out easily (happens too often), and strong enough to haul the occasional small vehicle or trailer. Of the vehicles I have enjoyed the 2011 Ford Explorer is my favorite, has served my family well over the last 3 years, and is recommended by me to all interested in hearing about how awesome it is. 3 Years later friends riding in this vehicle are surprised by all the features that have come with it, and spurred Ford purchases of their own."

Great car

By on Sunday, April 20, 2014

"V6. GREAT power and we still get 25+ mpg. Great SUV"

Impressive!

By on Thursday, April 03, 2014

Pros: "Dependable, comfortable, awesome in the snow!"

Cons: "Wish I could have afforded more options..."

"I would recommend this vehicle for several reasons. This vehicle provides a smooth and comfortable ride. I travel approx. 600 miles a week for my job. I am currently assigned to a region in the USA which has an abundance of snow and bitter cold temperatures. This vehicle has never had trouble despite seeing numerous others along the side of the road! In my opinion, it's the overall best buy for a SUV."

Great SUV I can trust for another 12 years

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "Acceleration, better gas mileage, luxury, quality"

"I traded my 2002 Explorer for a newer model because the one I've drove and owned for 12 years was trouble free there wasn't any mechanical problems was an reliable SUV. Now I am happy with my 2014 Explorer its best in more technology features includes my FordTouch is best with interface and controls are really neat every available option fully loaded on Platinum package bought on this model. The SUV has more acceleration with great gas mileage, comfortable seats, heated seats, navigation, dual panoramic moon roof, moving object detection and much more. I love my 2nd Explorer being more restyled and it rides better given me a quieter drive and upgraded interior on everything so best on my Explorer. There are lots of room, great features and sync system is awesome too looks exactly like a BMW having LED lights and top of the line in its new quality."