2014 Ford Explorer Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $30,423 - $31,400.

10/7.3

8.1

Based on 166 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Nothing beats it!

By on Sunday, March 03, 2013

Pros: "Mytouch,exterior/interior design"

Cons: "Pick up is a bit slow"

"Traded in a Lexus for the 2013 Explorer and have never looked back. My Touch has NO problems and the car drives beautifully. No issues with smells in cabin either. I was considering a Mercedes ML and the dealer said with the appointments in the Ford go with the Ford! Thank you Ford I am a believer! And I tell everyone!"

AVOID THIS CAR AT ALL COSTS!!

By on Saturday, March 02, 2013

Pros: "Rides smooth, quiet, cool interior, looks slick"

Cons: "SYNC is awful, ground clearance, transmission"

"I purchased this car over the volvo xc60 because of the SYNC system and the roominess of the interior. I wish that I could build a time machine now because that was an awful decision. The SYNC system is constantly locking up and will freeze for 15 minutes on average. My back up camera doesn't turn on half the time and sometimes the whole system will crash and just stay black my entire trip. I own an iPhone and that has absolutely given the system fits. Often the system answers the call but on the phone in my pocket, thus, defeating the hands free safety idea. Other times the system will continue to function as if a phone call is ongoing despite it being done, unfortunate if you wanted to listen to anything other than the sounds of the road (which admittedly is a quiet ride.) I also had issue with the transmission locking in first gear and refusing to shift (I was later told this had to do with a safety feature ford had installed that would engage whenever the car was shifted without being fully stopped.) The tech went on to tell that this system was over the top and completely ridiculous. My car has been in the shop three times thus far and no update or maintenance has fixed my SYNC. It goes back to the shop next week to have an entirely new SYNC module installed. The service technician confided in me that this option was not likely to fix it as "the SYNC system is awesome when it works, but it never works and we have trouble with it all the time." I am not the only one I know with these issues. I have two friends with ford SUVs and both of them have been going through the same dance. It has become a common problem. I am now exploring options to trade this car in and get another car that might actually keep me away from the service department for a week or two. Oh and it has less ground clearance than my wife's Kia Optima and is slower than molasses while barely giving me better gas mileage than my previous Chevy Tahoe."

Great car.

By on Friday, March 01, 2013

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "nothing"

"The other review sites should update. There is nothing difficult about the My- Ford Touch. If you can open the door you can operate it."

Love this car

By on Sunday, February 24, 2013

"Great interior and sleek body design. The My Ford Touch is vastly improved and if you can work a smart phone you will find this very easy and fun to use. Nav is a great tool and worth the upcharge. Got to 2.0 ecoboost and love the gas mileage and has enough power for a family car."

Comfortable, Handsome Car!

By on Sunday, February 17, 2013

Pros: "Very appealing design inside and out."

Cons: "Get the 4-Wheel drive model."

"Like driving a Lazy Boy recliner. Very comfortable. The Sync system could be a little more finely tuned. But overall a very good value for the price. Very appealing design inside and out. If I had to do it all over again I would have chosen the 4-wheel drive model as the 2-wheel sucks in snow & ice."