2014 Ford Explorer Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $29,853 - $30,933.

10/7.3

8.1

Based on 177 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Love my new Explorer

By on Monday, May 07, 2012

Pros: "Style, Interior Space, Features, Tech Toys, Safety"

Cons: "Uncomfortable Driver Seat, Sluggish Acceleration"

"I've owned my Explorer for 3 weeks and love it. For starters it looks beautiful both inside and out. It's loaded with tech toys and offers lots of cool features. My fuel economy has been averaging about 19mpg for my XLT V6,4WD....so it's performing slightly better than Ford stated on the sticker :) Interior cabin is spacious for the driver and passenger. Rear and third row seats are adequate. Trunk space is tremendous. On the down side, I've found the driver seat to be a little uncomfortable. Also, acceleration from a stop is sluggish when compared to the Ford Edge that I traded. Overall, I'm very happy and would recommend this vehicle. I was also considering the Jeep Grand Cherokee, and know I made the right choice with the Explorer!"

Excellent for first 5K miles

By on Sunday, July 27, 2014

Pros: "Attractive, Good interior room, Gas mileage"

Cons: "Front wheel drive, weak brakes & transmission"

"First NEW car I have been totally satisfied with. As it aged, the quality deteriorated quickly. At 60,000 miles the brakes and transmission are failing. In town and road mileage started out 27 and 29. At 60K miles, it has dropped to 23 and 26.. Never got used to the front wheel "swerve factor". It can make you lose control if you hit the gas too much when turning, as to merge into moving traffic from a side street."

2014 EXPLORER SPORT - AWESOME

By on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, quick, attention grabber"

Cons: "people think i'm a cop, wish radio went louder"

"Awesome car! This is my first SUV I've had and i love it. I feel the right height is perfect. Not too low, and not to high. I dont feel like i'm going to rip my pants when trying to get in like I feel when i'm getting in my buddy's F-150 (no step), yet its high enough to see the road and feel confident while driving. the interior provides options for different interior configurations and it seemed to work perfectly for the one road trip i've had so far. when i first bought the car i though it was a big sluggish than expected. However, I have about 4,000 miles on it now and it seems to be getting quicker everyday and its now about the level i expected it to be. (love hovering around 40mph then punching it!) also, i feel confident in quick cornering, i dont feel like i'm going to tip over. i've even taken the circle exit ramps at 50mph no problem as i would in my mustang also. overall i'm happy with it 100%.. no regrets. i love the look of the sport amd i wouldnt have it any other way. One downside is by having a white explorer with a black grill many people think i'm a cop from a distance so i've seen may car in front of me slow down when i'm coming up on them! (but its also funny). i love the car and i wouldnt trade it for anything. but there a just a couple con's i've came up with: 1. myford touch doesnt recognize pandora 2. i cant get lane keep assist in the sport model 3. i cant get park assist in the sport model 4. no HID lights w/ LED license plte light 5. no automatic wipers.... for 50k i'd expect automatic wipers and HID's to make it look like its worth every bit of that 50,000 i have everything fully loaded besides the screens in the headrest and my sticker price was 49,700. however i'm leasing the car on the Z-plan. 2,000 down 466/month for 24months. 15k miles/yr. hope this helps!"

great vehicle and very roomy..has it all

By on Saturday, January 14, 2012

Pros: "Drives great, fun, cutting edge"

Cons: "A little pricey, tire pressure monitor"

"I bought this vehicle because i have a big family and at 6' i have no problem fiting in the 3rd row. With all the options it is great for travel and rides sooooo smooth. I thought it would have a little more power on take off, but once you get up to speed you need to watch your speedometer because you wont even know you are going 70! It has all the bells and whistles which is a double edged sword. It will do everything you could imagine, but the down side is learning everthing. But, Ford dealerships do offer a 1 hr. class to get to know your vehicle. The only other problem i have found is that when it is really cold ( in the 30's) the tire pressure monitor sensor light comes on. I have talked to others with Ford's ( diff. yr's and models) and they have the same problem. All in all, i love my new vehicle and I am very happy with it. Everyone who sees it loves it and wish they had one."

Great Vehicle!

By on Friday, December 21, 2012

Pros: "Fit and finish, ergomonics, great exterior looks"

Cons: "a tad bit under powered"

"This suv is a winner. Excellent fit and finish and great looks. Good gas mileagefor a vehicle of this size. A complete shocker. This is my first American made vehicle and I wholeheartedly endorse the Explorer Limited."