• 2014 Compact SUVs

2014 Ford Explorer Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $30,898 - $31,643.

10/7.3

7.8

Based on 120 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

i love this car!

By on Saturday, February 15, 2014

Pros: "great safety and comfortable"

"This is my first suv. I have a 2012 and was rear ended by someone going at least 50 mph. I ended up having herniated disks in my neck and a torn rotator cuff in each shoulder. If it wasn't for the ford explorer, I might not be here today to tell this story."

Great car have not had any problems with it

By on Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Pros: "Love it"

Cons: "Wish my wife would let me use it more"

"Bought this car because my wife had to have it. Is was a little nervousness because it was one of the first ones out. It has been a good car haven't had any probs with 46000 miles . It rides good had plenty of power and all the bells and whistles took it hunting and was amazed where it would go and what it would climb. Great SUV ford u guys really surprised me"

Love my Explorer

By on Saturday, February 01, 2014

Pros: "Features, handling"

Cons: "Under powered, My Ford Touch /SYNC issues"

"My Explorer is now almost 3 years old, but I still love to drive it. It is a very comfortable and feature rich vehicle. My favorite features would probably be the heated seats and backup camera, but I also love the feel of the vehicle on the road. I'm not much of an off road driver, but I can say that in inclement weather, having a 4WD vehicle with traction control was comforting! I'm considering purchasing a new vehicle, and the Explorer will be first on my list as I start looking!"

Exactly what I wanted

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Pros: "Styling, features, handling"

Cons: "gear ratios, third row leg room"

"I did a lot of research on the web to find what mid-sized SUV I wanted. This Explorer fit the bill perfectly. (Traded in a Toyota Sienna Van). First, the styling caught my attention and after 6 months I still find myself thinking what a great looking car it is. The interior was the most comfortable of several models I test drove (Highlander, Traverse, Grand Cherokee). I love the cockpit and Sync touch screen, works perfectly with my I-phone and Bluetooth music. The vehicle drives great for an SUV compared to past Explorers and truck frame based SUV's. The price and gas mileage fit in line with other car brand's similar sized models. The power could be a little better, although once you learn how the vehicle shifts (up-shifts very fast leaving car in a high gear at low speed) it does fine in normal driving conditions. It would be nice to have the eco-drive available on the less expensive trims. I have had no mechanical problems. I have done some variable conditions road driving (no serious off-road, snow and dirt roads) the car has handled great on icy roads and has multiple settings to help with conditions. A few features that I love are the keyless entry and starter, with the Bluetooth phone paring you never have to fumble to find your keys and phone, grab the door handle, push the start button and go! I love the sound system, my model has the premium sound and it is the best factory system I've heard. I love the cap-less gas valve. A few minor cons: the gas door is on the passenger side and most vehicles seem to be on the driver's side, it has caused some problems at busy gas stations. The door jams are very wide and it is a bit of effort to get out of the vehicle. The third row is for children only, very limited leg room and also makes the second row not comfortable for tall people. Overall I am really happy with the purchase, I got the vehicle certified used and it came with an excellent interest rate. I do not have any regrets buying this Explorer, great job Ford, buy American!"

Great SUV

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "Great look, very good ride and plenty of room."

Cons: "Bettor gas mileage and MY Ford needs refinement."

"I really like the way my explorer rides and looks. The car has a good feel on the road and highway. The seats are comfortable and there's plenty of room all the way in the back. This car has good pickup and gets reasonable gas mileage. I wish it got bettor gas mileage on the highway. Mine gets 23-24 straight highway. Overall great value and I really like the look of the car inside and out. The electronics is some times a challenge but overall it works well and I like the nav,"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25