• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2014 Ford Explorer Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $30,895 - $31,646.

10/7.3

7.9

Based on 133 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Love It!

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

"Great SUV"

Great Family Car!

By on Sunday, July 06, 2014

Pros: "VERY Versatile, comfortable ride and great mpg"

Cons: "Small fuel tank, Slow acceleration"

"I own the 2013 XLT 3.5 liter v6, and my family of 6 an I absolutely love this car! We get great gas mileage, especially for an SUV. We traded in our Minivan for our explorer, and not only is it more stylish, but it gets better gas mileage, is more comfortable on long distance trips (with twins in booster seats, and 5 other passengers, we all remained as comfortable as you could possibley expect on a 700+ mile road trip), it can pull our boat, and with 4wd, instead of awd, it is easier and cheaper to maintain, and drove with ease in 10" of snow. It Is VERY Easy and Comfortable To drive on all roads and terrain. Only negatives, is that it only has an 18 gallon tank, so even with great mileage, you have to stop and fill up 300 miles or so (that's with the v6), and when you accelerate, the transmission takes a few seconds to catch up. Other than that, no complaints, and I have previously owned cars, trucks, vans, and our Explorer is by far the best car we've had yet."

Great car

By on Sunday, June 29, 2014

Pros: "Everything, great looking inside and out"

Cons: "Would like tint on the front windows"

"I have been looking at reviews & pricing for this car for months and I finally pulled the trigger on the limited 2014. We absolutely love it, the technology is awesome and the sync touch screen is not nearly as bad as some reviews say. It is just like getting a new phone or computer, it takes about a week to get used to everything. My Ford Explorer is very comfortable and plenty of room in the back for my kids. It does feel a bit big on the inside like others have said but it is easier to drive than my small 350Z. I was initially going to get a loaded XLT but for roughly $2600 more you are in the Limited and it has some great features. This car has a lot of tech inside so if you are like my wife and have troubles with new advances then you might need help getting everything set up. If I would change anything I would like the front windows with tint on them but I understand why they did not add it and for $70 I will just drop it off at the tint shop."

2nd Explorer, great value

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

Pros: "Features, space, looks, interior"

Cons: "Some plastic parts that are not that great looking"

"After testing couple vehicles of same size, that cost a lot more I have to say they Explorer is impressive. I love tech features and all the space. Blind spot monitoring and myford touch + sync are also great. For people that like technology Explorer will feel like great option. I test drove X5 and ml350, but there almost 50% price premium was not justified, especially since they don't even have some of fords features. Not to mention that maintenance of ford comparing to x5 is a lot cheaper. Oil change for example is 3 times less..."

Poorly manufactured body

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Cons: "Everything about this SUV is a CON to me"

"I'm so disappointed with my 2014 Explorer. There is so much plastic on the body of this SUV it's pathetic. I traded in a 2003 mazda tribute. It was the best SUV I've owned. I read good reviews about the Ford Explorer and felt like Ford had a good reputation. I was wrong. For a $30000 + SUV the inside and especially the outside are CHEAPLY made. I can't wait to get rid of it and buy a well made SUV!"