2013 Ford Explorer

8.1

Based on 197 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Great Vehicle!

By on Friday, December 21, 2012

Pros: "Fit and finish, ergomonics, great exterior looks"

Cons: "a tad bit under powered"

"This suv is a winner. Excellent fit and finish and great looks. Good gas mileagefor a vehicle of this size. A complete shocker. This is my first American made vehicle and I wholeheartedly endorse the Explorer Limited."

Great Family Car!

By on Sunday, July 6, 2014

Pros: "VERY Versatile, comfortable ride and great mpg"

Cons: "Small fuel tank, Slow acceleration"

"I own the 2013 XLT 3.5 liter v6, and my family of 6 an I absolutely love this car! We get great gas mileage, especially for an SUV. We traded in our Minivan for our explorer, and not only is it more stylish, but it gets better gas mileage, is more comfortable on long distance trips (with twins in booster seats, and 5 other passengers, we all remained as comfortable as you could possibley expect on a 700+ mile road trip), it can pull our boat, and with 4wd, instead of awd, it is easier and cheaper to maintain, and drove with ease in 10" of snow. It Is VERY Easy and Comfortable To drive on all roads and terrain. Only negatives, is that it only has an 18 gallon tank, so even with great mileage, you have to stop and fill up 300 miles or so (that's with the v6), and when you accelerate, the transmission takes a few seconds to catch up. Other than that, no complaints, and I have previously owned cars, trucks, vans, and our Explorer is by far the best car we've had yet."

a great feat in engineering

By on Tuesday, April 5, 2011

"I have owned many suv's and I'm very pleased with my purchase. 2011 Explorer Limited with all the options available. The distractibility of the my Ford touch is only a learning curve that is a lot of fun to figure out. It's comfortable, roomy and not too big to manuver. 3rd row seats are stowed with a touch of a finger(very cool). I drove a VW Touareg for years and this is more refined and nimble. Gas mileage is guestionable as I have not taken a trip of any lenght. Moving from the away from the truck frame is a complete winner. Yeh, I like a smooth ride!!!! The interior is appointed with precision and style. Overall Ford has set the bar high and will challenge the luxury brands. This is not your old Explorer!!!!!"

Why Lexus?

By on Thursday, March 17, 2011

"I went to compare the Lexus RX350 and Edge and decided to give the Explorer a try and never reliquished control. The car has an improved interior versus the Lexus (my wife has an RX350) and I have the versatility afforded by the extra room. Towing capacity is plenty for the small boat and responsiveness is impressive. In the end, I spent about $48k after adding an extended warranty and etc...The RX350 was $47k before warranties, tax, title...ect. Basically the Lexus would cost fractionally more but I felt the value was with the Explorer. I have had the car for one week and look forward to driving this for several years."

Great SUV

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pros: "Great look, very good ride and plenty of room."

Cons: "Bettor gas mileage and MY Ford needs refinement."

"I really like the way my explorer rides and looks. The car has a good feel on the road and highway. The seats are comfortable and there's plenty of room all the way in the back. This car has good pickup and gets reasonable gas mileage. I wish it got bettor gas mileage on the highway. Mine gets 23-24 straight highway. Overall great value and I really like the look of the car inside and out. The electronics is some times a challenge but overall it works well and I like the nav,"