• 2014 Compact SUVs

2013 Ford Explorer Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $27,052 - $27,987.

10/7.4

7.8

Based on 120 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Great car.

By on Friday, March 01, 2013

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "nothing"

"The other review sites should update. There is nothing difficult about the My- Ford Touch. If you can open the door you can operate it."

AVOID THIS CAR AT ALL COSTS!!

By on Saturday, March 02, 2013

Pros: "Rides smooth, quiet, cool interior, looks slick"

Cons: "SYNC is awful, ground clearance, transmission"

"I purchased this car over the volvo xc60 because of the SYNC system and the roominess of the interior. I wish that I could build a time machine now because that was an awful decision. The SYNC system is constantly locking up and will freeze for 15 minutes on average. My back up camera doesn't turn on half the time and sometimes the whole system will crash and just stay black my entire trip. I own an iPhone and that has absolutely given the system fits. Often the system answers the call but on the phone in my pocket, thus, defeating the hands free safety idea. Other times the system will continue to function as if a phone call is ongoing despite it being done, unfortunate if you wanted to listen to anything other than the sounds of the road (which admittedly is a quiet ride.) I also had issue with the transmission locking in first gear and refusing to shift (I was later told this had to do with a safety feature ford had installed that would engage whenever the car was shifted without being fully stopped.) The tech went on to tell that this system was over the top and completely ridiculous. My car has been in the shop three times thus far and no update or maintenance has fixed my SYNC. It goes back to the shop next week to have an entirely new SYNC module installed. The service technician confided in me that this option was not likely to fix it as "the SYNC system is awesome when it works, but it never works and we have trouble with it all the time." I am not the only one I know with these issues. I have two friends with ford SUVs and both of them have been going through the same dance. It has become a common problem. I am now exploring options to trade this car in and get another car that might actually keep me away from the service department for a week or two. Oh and it has less ground clearance than my wife's Kia Optima and is slower than molasses while barely giving me better gas mileage than my previous Chevy Tahoe."

Great SUV I can trust for another 12 years

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "Acceleration, better gas mileage, luxury, quality"

"I traded my 2002 Explorer for a newer model because the one I've drove and owned for 12 years was trouble free there wasn't any mechanical problems was an reliable SUV. Now I am happy with my 2014 Explorer its best in more technology features includes my FordTouch is best with interface and controls are really neat every available option fully loaded on Platinum package bought on this model. The SUV has more acceleration with great gas mileage, comfortable seats, heated seats, navigation, dual panoramic moon roof, moving object detection and much more. I love my 2nd Explorer being more restyled and it rides better given me a quieter drive and upgraded interior on everything so best on my Explorer. There are lots of room, great features and sync system is awesome too looks exactly like a BMW having LED lights and top of the line in its new quality."

Should have kept trade in

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

"Wish I would not have gotten bells and whistles. My touch/sync freezes a lot. Sometimes doesn't even shut off when turn truck off. Not happy at all with that. Only thing I really like is the looks of it. First and last Ford will ever buy."

I love this SUV

By on Sunday, July 14, 2013

Pros: "A little pricey for the one I have"

Cons: "would change windshield washer to driver's side"

"This is my third and the other two were just suv's this one is GREAT"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25