• 2014 Compact SUVs

2013 Ford Explorer Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $27,052 - $27,987.

10/7.4

7.8

Based on 120 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Previous | 1 ... 10 11 12 | Next

Best Truck I've Ever Owned!!!

By on Saturday, April 23, 2011

"I purchased the 2011 Explorer Fully Loaded 4WD Limited with sun roof and polished 20" rims put 1850 miles on it since March 31, 2011 and find this truck to be the best truck I've ever owned. The cabin is totally quiet, rides very smooth, got all the power you need for uphills, and the gas mileage is fantastic (compared to my 2004 Suburban). My favorite feature is the Adaptive Cruise Control. I set it at 75 MPH and when someone in front of me slows down so does my truck, and I didn't even touch the brakes! When they speed up so does my truck. AMAZING! You will NOT be disappointed with this truck. The Sony sound system is terrific and I love the subwoofer in the back. Go get one, Enjoy!!"

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Saturday, April 09, 2011

"This SUV/CUV whatever you want to call it is awesome. Youll notice it as soon as you look at it, followed by the comfortable roomy interior but wont really appreciate it until you step on the gas on the road and get captivated by it's power. The message it sends is you better respect me on the road. I am no normal SUV because I dont roll so you will feel my power and oh and yes I am beautiful. I love this vehicle"

a great feat in engineering

By on Tuesday, April 05, 2011

"I have owned many suv's and I'm very pleased with my purchase. 2011 Explorer Limited with all the options available. The distractibility of the my Ford touch is only a learning curve that is a lot of fun to figure out. It's comfortable, roomy and not too big to manuver. 3rd row seats are stowed with a touch of a finger(very cool). I drove a VW Touareg for years and this is more refined and nimble. Gas mileage is guestionable as I have not taken a trip of any lenght. Moving from the away from the truck frame is a complete winner. Yeh, I like a smooth ride!!!! The interior is appointed with precision and style. Overall Ford has set the bar high and will challenge the luxury brands. This is not your old Explorer!!!!!"

Why Lexus?

By on Thursday, March 17, 2011

"I went to compare the Lexus RX350 and Edge and decided to give the Explorer a try and never reliquished control. The car has an improved interior versus the Lexus (my wife has an RX350) and I have the versatility afforded by the extra room. Towing capacity is plenty for the small boat and responsiveness is impressive. In the end, I spent about $48k after adding an extended warranty and etc...The RX350 was $47k before warranties, tax, title...ect. Basically the Lexus would cost fractionally more but I felt the value was with the Explorer. I have had the car for one week and look forward to driving this for several years."

Great SUV

By on Monday, March 14, 2011

"Own ours for 5 weeks now. Great fit and finish, great ride. Design looks great. Turns heads. Fit and finish on par with luxury SUV's. Jeep is great also, but Explorer has more room, more cargo room and a better on road ride, where most people will use 95% of the time. Have owned German, Japan vehicles for a long time. Good to be back in American SUV! Better than Pilot, on par with MDX and others. Only con, need to change fan motor, as bearing squeaks."

excellent development

By on Monday, January 31, 2011

"third day we had it we had to make a 2 hr drive in a blinding snow storm to a doctor's appointment.. car handled the snow with little effort...didn't have to fight the wheel to keep it on track...when stoping was necessary there was no slip in the braking or wheels....when we got back home there was 10 inches of fresh power on the road and we live on top of a mountain...we had to break trail to get up and again the handling was supper and I have driven a lot of different cars and trucks....I would recommend this car to anyone that wants a good all round family crossover....the only downfall I have found was to get an owners manual that actually matched the nav system that is in the car....finially after three weeks and lots of effort on the part of the dealership I think that we have that one covered as well"

Nice Change by Ford

By on Tuesday, January 04, 2011

"Leased the first one in the area. Great ride. A little sluggish feel unless you put the hammer down, then hold-on when the 291 hp kicks in. Averaged between 23 and 24 mpg on the highway w/ approx 300 pds in the cargo area. Don't like the doughnut spare tire compared to a full size spare. Had a plastic rattle noise with a 30 mph headwind on the highway. First dealership couldn't repair it properly. Still much improved and looking forward to driving it for the next three years."

STAY AWAY!

By on Friday, September 24, 2010

"For the price, you can go get the 2011 Grand Cherokee which is MUCH nicer in every way. Interior, Exterior, Power, Gas Mileage, Features. It's not close. I drove both vehicles before purchasing and I couldn't get out of the Ford dealership quick enough. Do yourself a favor, save some time and just go into the Jeep dealership and get the superior car."

Ford fantastic

By on Saturday, September 18, 2010

"Beautifull design ( other brands would make a car expensive for the design like 2011 ford explorer or 2011 edge ) luxurios , stable , looks like a quiet interior , many options . The front looks like Hyundai Veracruz , but the back looks like is the future with a ford touch. Very , very , very good car"

American Tradition

By on Friday, September 17, 2010

"Great revamping! However, a 36-month warranty for a vehicle in the $30-$40,000 range nowadays when even the Koreans provide a 5-10 year warranty, shows a lack of confidence in the reliability of the vehicle from the manufacturer. If the manufacturer does not trust in its vehicle, why should I?"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25