2012 Ford Explorer

8.0

Based on 148 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

BEST CAR I EVER HAD GREAT SYNC UP WITH EVERYTHING

By on Friday, November 21, 2014

Pros: "RELIABLE EASY OF USE"

Cons: "POWER"

"BEST CAR I EVER HAD GREAT SYNCS UP WITH EVERYTHING PHONE ECT."

Love it!!

By on Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "very very very little I would change"

"We LOVE this vehicle!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Vehicle that needs small upgrades to be perfect

By on Thursday, November 13, 2014

Pros: "comfortable, space, stability"

Cons: "steering wheel design, door cup-holders, SYNC"

"The vehicle has good driving. I drove from NH all the way to Orlando, FL and back, I didn't feel the road. The car is comfy. I am a detail oriented driver and therefore I get annoyed by small things in a car. Thinking of the Explorer, I can provide feedback on some "small" things that I believe need to change if Ford wants to have this vehicle as one of the best SUVs on the market (price/value/comfort/features). Before I go and list the things requiring a change, I want to state that this vehicle is still among the top five I would recommend to anyone. So, the annoying things for me as a driver are: 1.Small door cup-holders (height is not enough for a regular coffee cup or a small water bottle) 2. Weirdly designed steering wheel (unable to "lock" the steering wheel with my thumbs, holding my hands in 9-3 position. I have driven civic, accord, passatt, jetta and I could do that in all of them). In the Explorer, you are forced to hold the steering wheel like you are driving a truck 3. SYNC is not responding fast enough (you are forced to touch multiple times or wait as you are not sure if something was initiated or not) 4. Touch screen is not good for use while you are driving (if you want to change something on the screen, you better stop driving and do it. Old "buttons" approach would be more beneficial and efficient instead of the touch screen. In my Accord, I can changes radio stations, change the heat/AC, CD player etc. without looking at it) 5. Radio volume (it seems that I can not find the perfect volume while driving, it is either to low or it is to loud. This is not good when you have kids sleeping in the vehicle while driving ;-)) 5. Heated seats (maybe this is happening just to my Explorer but what I see is not having any heat on the lower back. Jetta's seats, for example, are heating the lower back as well) If you can live with these small annoyances, this will be a great vehicle for you. We all know that there is no such thing as a "perfect" matching car for anyone. The Explorer is close enough. Oh, and one more thing... I am averaging 21.2 miles per gallon after approx. 21,000 miles driven so far."

sync is still frustrating, but drives nice

By on Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "still use garmin GPS, rather thn navigation system"

"Vehicle drives nice Visibility is poor. My touch/sync is horrible! Maintenance costs have been high"

Best vehicle I've ever bought

By on Saturday, October 04, 2014

Pros: "Handles great. Looks great. AC seats"

Cons: "too small to list"

"Handles awesome in the weather this past winter. Took a long road trip, and the 20" tires are so smooth on the highway. I have received so many compliments on the looks of the vehicle. Bluetooth is great. Has incredible acceleration. I love this vehicle."