2011 Ford Explorer

8.1

Based on 180 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

You will LOVE it!!

By on Friday, August 14, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive, looks great,"

Cons: "gas mileage could be better, average 13mpg"

"I owned a 2002 Explorer and loved it. When they redesigned them, I fell in love again. I finally broke down and bought a 2014 Sport addition. This car practically drives for you. It is designed to travel in. The seats are incredibly comfortable, it is roomy, 7 people fit easily. This car has easily pulled anything I needed I am a huge techie. This car has pretty much everything you could want in a vehicle, and it looks beautiful and stylish as well! You won't be sorry if you buy one!!"

This explorer will WOW you !

By on Monday, December 10, 2012

Pros: "technology. not any other suv offers more tech."

Cons: "i would like push button AWD."

"I absolutely love my new explorer. the 2013 is awesome. I am a tech freak. i love its connectivity. you can make a phone call without ever lifting your hands. everything is voice activated. you can talk to it and make it do anything from giving you a weather report to changing the cabin temp to putting in a destination on gps... to selecting a given genre of music...this suv has more technology in it then any other suv...and i looked at them all from bmw to cadillac to lexus to chevy and kia. the seats are so comfortable ! do yourself a favor and at least consider one... you'll regret it if you don't. i bought the 2013 ford explorer fully loaded XLT ( I PAID 36K on 41k sticker price...x-plan member) and i am thrilled that i did... it just has so much bang for your buck. im currently AVERAGING 20.5mpg. i am happy with that compared to other suvs on the market."

Great Styling, and Functionality

By on Monday, September 19, 2011

Pros: "Great style, fun to drive, great gas mileage for a mid-size suv, extra safety features"

Cons: "pricey"

"After doing a considerable amount of research, I decided on the Ford Explorer for the following reasons: 1) Technology options - I wanted a car that had voice, and touchscreen capability, as well as Bluetooth, A/V, and iPhone compatibility. 2) Safety Features - A key selling point was the Blindspot indicator system, rear inflatable seat belts for the safety of children, and seniors, as well as front, and side impact air bags 3) Styling - The 2011/2012 Ford Explorer has an aggressive style profile that sets it apart from other SUV's in it's class. Rather than smooth rounded contouring, the Explorer sports a more angular style, especially the front end. 4) Fuel Economy - Best in Class Fuel Economy - FWD 17/25 - Interestingly enough, I've actually gotten better hwy mpg, than the stated 25 mpg."

Love my new Explorer

By on Monday, May 07, 2012

Pros: "Style, Interior Space, Features, Tech Toys, Safety"

Cons: "Uncomfortable Driver Seat, Sluggish Acceleration"

"I've owned my Explorer for 3 weeks and love it. For starters it looks beautiful both inside and out. It's loaded with tech toys and offers lots of cool features. My fuel economy has been averaging about 19mpg for my XLT V6,4WD....so it's performing slightly better than Ford stated on the sticker :) Interior cabin is spacious for the driver and passenger. Rear and third row seats are adequate. Trunk space is tremendous. On the down side, I've found the driver seat to be a little uncomfortable. Also, acceleration from a stop is sluggish when compared to the Ford Edge that I traded. Overall, I'm very happy and would recommend this vehicle. I was also considering the Jeep Grand Cherokee, and know I made the right choice with the Explorer!"

Excellent for first 5K miles

By on Sunday, July 27, 2014

Pros: "Attractive, Good interior room, Gas mileage"

Cons: "Front wheel drive, weak brakes & transmission"

"First NEW car I have been totally satisfied with. As it aged, the quality deteriorated quickly. At 60,000 miles the brakes and transmission are failing. In town and road mileage started out 27 and 29. At 60K miles, it has dropped to 23 and 26.. Never got used to the front wheel "swerve factor". It can make you lose control if you hit the gas too much when turning, as to merge into moving traffic from a side street."