2010 Ford Explorer

8.1

Based on 386 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

Love It

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pros: "I have already recommended it"

Cons: "No cons"

"I bought this vehicle two years ago used in excellent condition. I love everything about it. I am a single sixty year old grandmother of one and it is perfect to carry stroller and have car seat, lay the back down or pull up and use all three rows of seating. Great for everyday and on trips!! I think the pricing listed is too low for this vehicle and its popularity."

over all the vehicle has performed well

By on Friday, September 12, 2014

Pros: "reliable, convenient to use"

Cons: "cheap interior"

"I bought the vehicle for a specific reason and it has met my expectation"

Do not buy this

By on Friday, September 05, 2014

"Ford began making this vehicle different and it is a very expensive car to maintain. They put a belt on the front of the motor and the belt on the back of the motor so to do any head work you have to remove the entire engine! I have put 4 new tires on this car this year, new brakes, had to rebuild the transmission at 120,000 miles, and now I need a new radiator and head work which is going to cost $3500! I would recommend "exploring" other options before purchasing this vehicle. Do not buy any 5.4L fords!"

Not the best vehicle. I would not buy another one

By on Thursday, August 28, 2014

Pros: "Good price, but not a good transmission"

Cons: "Transmission is no good. Ford need to improve it."

"The transmission on this truck is 100% no good. Food needs to fix this problem. I spend well over $2000 plus $700 labour to install a use transmission. Only because i wasnt ready to get a new vehicle. Because of this, i will not recommend this vehicle. My advice, before you buy a vehicle read the reviews. After i replace the trany, then i saw the reviews about the trany....not good at all"

excellent vehicle with only minor repairs in 130,0

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pros: "Ford even thinks about the size of the cup holders"

Cons: "You need to replace all 4 tires at the same time"

"This is my second explorer, previous was a 1997 XLT with 5.0 V8. It also was exceptional - it is why I purchased another one. I recently had to replace a catalytic converter and one wheel bearing. I am still on my second set of Michelin tires with maybe 50% wear. Car still looks and drives like new."

Fabulous SUV with very few complaints

By on Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Pros: "Navigation, Bluetooth, sheer size of the thing"

Cons: "Gas mileage, heavy steering"

"I have owned my Explorer for 4 1/2 years, bought new in March 2010 for $42k. I traded up to my Explorer Limited from a 2003 Explorer XLT, for which we traded in a '97 Explorer Eddie Bauer. Clearly, we are faithful to this wonderful car. Pros: As a mother of two teenage athletes, the Explorer's capabilities have never failed to impress me. The power-folding 3rd row seat is an awesome feature and definitely one of my favorite features. My top two favorites are the Bluetooth and Navigation systems. The Bluetooth allows me to talk on the phone, and the GPS helps me get to unknown destinations or sporting events, whatever the day calls for. When it comes time to carpool or drive kids to dinner for a birthday party, this car does the job perfectly. Cons: Fuel efficiency — more like fuel deficiency. I normally get 10-13MPG in my V6 4WD model. I definitely regret not getting the V8, which I've heard is much smoother and has a much better transmission. The lack of power liftgate or backup camera is also a big downside to me. My last complaint would have to be the heavy steering. I had a hand injury 2 years ago, which has made low speed maneuvers in this car a little more difficult. Otherwise, this is a fantastic car! I have 8 months of payments left, which is when I will sadly have to trade this car in for something more fuel efficient."

My third Ford and best so far

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

Pros: "I love everything about it"

Cons: "None for me"

My Sweet Ride

"Not only is my white 2008 Ford Explorer a great looking vehicle, it comes with loads of extras. Running boards that fold out when a door is opened is most people's favorite option. I also love the remote start. I work on the 10th floor of my building and park below my window. I can start my car from there. By the time I get down it's cool in the summer or warm in the winter. I love that it's a V8 and a little sad that Ford stop making V8s after that. After 67k miles I am proud to say I never had an issue with the truck."

My Sweet Ride

I love the space and comfort.

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pros: "great inside, Good back glass view. comfortable"

Cons: "Gas mileage but enjoy driving it"

"My 2010 Explorer is my second Explorer, My first was a 2004 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer XLT. I fell in love with it and only traded it in to have a newer year with less mileage.I do not like the 2014 design it felt too small inside but the 2010 was a comfortable space. I will love it for years too. I hope Ford changes back to the larger design than the 2014."

The best vehicle I ever owned

By on Thursday, July 10, 2014

Reason: Car accident

Pros: "Comfort, reliability, size, so fun to drive!"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"I've never owned a car for more than about 80K miles before I'd sell it, but my Explorer was different. I bought it new, and drove it everywhere for about 9 years and racked up 188,000 miles on it! Unfortunately, I was in a bad car accident, and I believe it's now totaled (no official word on that yet). I'm not saying that I never had to put money in it, but it was so reliable. It was large enough to take my husband, kids, and my kids' friends anywhere we wanted to go. It wasn't the most fuel efficient, but I overlooked that too because it was just so easy to drive. I'm only 5'2", and I loved how I sat so high in that vehicle. I have replaced it with a Ford Escape since my kids are older (downsizing), but I seriously miss my Explorer, and I wish the car dealer would have shown me some. He highly recommended the Escape. Anyway, my husband will be in the market for another car soon, and I wouldn't be surprised if we bought another Explorer."

Good SUV

By on Thursday, July 03, 2014

Pros: "Good in the bad winter weather."

Cons: "Could stand a little more power."

"This is a good vehicle. I have had no major and few minor problems with the SUV. It runs good but put could use a little more power. I would recomend it to anyone needing good transportation in the winter."