2008 Ford Explorer

8.1

Based on 399 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

By on Monday, September 24, 2007

Love it!

By on Friday, September 21, 2007

"In March I purchased my first SUV an 07. I have the v-6 it rides excellent and gets good gas mileage. I average 19mpg in the city and 21 hwy. I wish I would have bought one with leather interior, but at the time I fell in love with this one! I have no complaints. My dealership has been awesome to work with."

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2007

love my explorer

By on Sunday, September 16, 2007

"I bought my 2006 with 18,000 miles on it and 2 weeks later, I noticed a little fluid dripping from near the left rear tire and we could hear a small thud. Turned out it was a rear strut, not something that usually goes, Ford was excellent about it, I had brought the vehicle in on a Friday, they would not be able to have the part until Monday and recommended it not be driven over the weekend. Went out of their way to set me up with a comparable rental (I got a loaded Jeep Commander) for the weekend. Had it back on Monday, no problems. Great customer service. We also had a little glitch with the shifter, sometimes you would have to jiggle it to get it out of park, called and explained the situation, they ordered the part, I brought the vehicle in and had it back the same day. I can't say enough about how well Ford backed up their product. There are only a couple of minor things with the Explorer. The 2006 door handles inside are in a weird spot near the bottom of the door but I got used to it. The directional arm is also in weird spot near the top of the steering wheel, again, got used to it. There is a bit of a glare on a very sunny day from the dashboard, I have the light beige interior but I don't notice it that much anymore and the only other thing is that I would like to have more outlets for cell phone chargers, etc. There is only one in the front and one in the back so I have to use an adapter. Not really a big deal but my old Blazer had three so it was just more convenient. Otherwise, it's been a great vehicle, I love the rear air controls (so do the kids), the power third row seats are really great, you can put one down for storage and still have someone sitting in the other one. The leather and suede seats are excellent and surprisingly easy to clean. I was a little nervous about the light color but so far a cherry icee and hot chocolate have cleaned up nicely!!! My Dad has had Explorers since they first came out, his latest is a 2004 but after driving mine, he's looking to upgrade! I also have the V8 engine, the gas mileage is as good if not a little better than my old 6 cyl. Blazer was. I also LOVE the rear park assist and the 4x4 is fabulous."

classy and affordable

By on Wednesday, September 05, 2007

"Love the wood paneling and leather for the low price of a used 07'. Perfect for the kids with dvd player and rear air. Seats everyone perfectly."