2007 Ford Explorer

8.2

Based on 417 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

love my explorer

By on Sunday, September 16, 2007

"I bought my 2006 with 18,000 miles on it and 2 weeks later, I noticed a little fluid dripping from near the left rear tire and we could hear a small thud. Turned out it was a rear strut, not something that usually goes, Ford was excellent about it, I had brought the vehicle in on a Friday, they would not be able to have the part until Monday and recommended it not be driven over the weekend. Went out of their way to set me up with a comparable rental (I got a loaded Jeep Commander) for the weekend. Had it back on Monday, no problems. Great customer service. We also had a little glitch with the shifter, sometimes you would have to jiggle it to get it out of park, called and explained the situation, they ordered the part, I brought the vehicle in and had it back the same day. I can't say enough about how well Ford backed up their product. There are only a couple of minor things with the Explorer. The 2006 door handles inside are in a weird spot near the bottom of the door but I got used to it. The directional arm is also in weird spot near the top of the steering wheel, again, got used to it. There is a bit of a glare on a very sunny day from the dashboard, I have the light beige interior but I don't notice it that much anymore and the only other thing is that I would like to have more outlets for cell phone chargers, etc. There is only one in the front and one in the back so I have to use an adapter. Not really a big deal but my old Blazer had three so it was just more convenient. Otherwise, it's been a great vehicle, I love the rear air controls (so do the kids), the power third row seats are really great, you can put one down for storage and still have someone sitting in the other one. The leather and suede seats are excellent and surprisingly easy to clean. I was a little nervous about the light color but so far a cherry icee and hot chocolate have cleaned up nicely!!! My Dad has had Explorers since they first came out, his latest is a 2004 but after driving mine, he's looking to upgrade! I also have the V8 engine, the gas mileage is as good if not a little better than my old 6 cyl. Blazer was. I also LOVE the rear park assist and the 4x4 is fabulous."

Avoid

By on Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Pros: "Looks nice"

Cons: "Too bad Ford doesnt offer 100k bumper - bumper."

"Radiator went out @ 50k, Transmission slips, replace once already. Cheap plastic interior especially sun-visor and door handle. Blend door actuary went out @ 55k. Sure would like to sell it."

Great truck but little room

By on Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pros: "reliable, fun to drive"

Cons: "not enough cup holders, no enough leg room"

"Love my truck but don't buy if you have older kids. My kids can barely get in the second row. There is no leg room when my husband (6' tall) drives. It has never had brakes, battery, belts, or anything replaced & we have 70K miles on it. Never had to wonder if it was going to start."

PLAN TO BUY OUR FIFTH EXPLORER SOON

By on Monday, September 05, 2011

Pros: "GREAT VALUE"

Cons: "SUSPENSION A LITTLE STIFF"

"WE BOUGHT THIS CAR USED IN 2009 WITH 15000 MILES ON IT. WE HAVE HAD ONLY ONE REPAIR WHICH WAS A DEFECTIVE SHIFT LEVER. WE GOT 62000 MILES OUT OF THE ORIGINAL TIRES. WE HAVE OWNED THREE OTHER EXOLORERS AND OLAN TO BUY ANOTHER THIS YEAR. WE GET OVER 21 MPG ON A LONG HIGHWAY TRIP. WE CAN GET MORE STUFF IN OUR CAR THAN OUR FRIENDS' ESCALADE OR YUKON. I WOULD RECCOMEND EXPLORERS TO ANYONE."

Useful-dependable-roomy-not economic

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, comfortable, roomy, can be fun!"

Cons: "Expensive to own and drive."

"I rated this veh. high because it does what I need and I can count on it in winter, which is most important in Maine. The primary seating is comfortable and very adjustable for the driver. Back issues are taken into consideration with adjustable lumbar support, a big plus. Also important to consider are the cargo space and 7 passenger, (not all comfortable), seating. (I am a musician and can pack all the equipment I need for an entire sound system, into the cargo area, or seat up to 7 band members). Economy is not its strong suit, but still not bad for a 4WD vehicle. Summer mpg is near 20. MPG drops considerably when towing, but it handles quite well and runs smoothly when towing in Overdrive. Very good traction, esp with studded 17" tires."