2006 Ford Explorer

8.2

Based on 421 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

Dependable, Comfortable, Spacious

By on Friday, December 27, 2013

Pros: "ride, quality, appearance, spacious"

Cons: "mpg"

"I have put 130,000 miles on my Explorer since 11/08. Oil changes, thermostat housing, brakes and tires. Bought it knowing it had been wrecked, but price made me take a chance. Has never been aligned and doesn't wear tires. Had to replace one suspension bolt in the front that they missed when it was originally repaired. Gets about 20mpg on highway and about 15 in town. Good in snow. Rides great. Tows 5k with no problem. I would own another one in a heartbeat."

2006 4x4 EBauer V-8

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2008

"Always been a GM and Toyota person for many years. Gave the Explorer a try. Honestly I was very surprised. Crash test is 5 Star & Green, GM comparables (Trailblazer) are 3 & 4 Star, Yellow & Red. More head room and overall interior space than the 4-Runner. Handles great, quiet and very comfortable ride, even when off road. Over 290 HP, Over 300 lbs. Torque. Only thing to ever go wrong was a power window motor. That was it. Everything else still working just fine. 6 CD and Navigation with voice directions = Fantastic. Plenty of rear leg room for passengers. Not sure what the other reviewers are talking about. This SUV is by far the most bang for the buck out there."

Ford Explorer

By on Thursday, February 14, 2008

"When I bought this SUV I was trading in a Mercedes ML 350 because I needed something with a third row seat. When I drove the Explorer for the first time it didn't feel much different the my Mercedes so I was very impressed with the ride and how it handled. I do have to say that the explorer was not designed with the tall person in mind. I am 6' 2" and when I put the sun visor down it completely bolcks my view in front of me. When I have the steering wheel lowered to a comfortable position, it blocks the view of the spedometer. I overall do like the truck so I don't mind the somwhat inconvieniences I mentioned. The door latch and gear shift are new and modern...people can never figure out how to get out. The door pull is too low down and uncomfortable for me. I also feel the brake release is too far down. It almost strains my back to reach it. I love the trip computer that tells me everything from how many miles I can drive until empty, my MPG, low tire pressure, if a door is open, when an oil changed is due, etc. I also like that other dirvers seem to move out of my way when they see me coming. It looks bigger than it realy is. Size wise it is perfect for me. I drove the Epedition and felt like I was in a U-haul moving truck. Just too big. The only problem I have had up to this point is that the lumbar support in the drivers seat broke at 7K miles and I can hear a strange squeaking noise comming from the rear right wheel when driving 5 mph. I still haven't taken it in to have it checked out."

Beautiful truck

By on Friday, December 28, 2007

"Having traded in a 2002 Explorer LX, I now have a 2006 Eddie Bauer loaded. The 6 cyl is a little weak in the performance catagory as compared to the V8. The interior is really plush, and the seating is extremely comfortable. Sometimes it like flying a 747 with all the indicators and displays. However, I really like this big bear. Its safe, quiet, and handles real easy. If you want bang for your buck, buy one of these trucks, you'll be glad you did.."

Great value for the money

By on Monday, July 23, 2007

"My wife and I bought the Explorer because we are having our first baby in Nov. We bought the Explorer last year and I must say that in the time we've had it it has been a great vehicle and we have taken it on several long trips. It is roomy and comfortable and very functional for our needs. The 4.0L gives us plenty of hp and it gets decent hwy mileage for an SUV and a big 6 cyl. I am most impressed with the safety features since it is my wife's vehicle and will be carrying the baby around a lot as well. I would recommend one to any family looking for a nicely priced, optioned and safe SUV."