2006 Ford Explorer

8.1

Based on 385 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

over all the vehicle has performed well

By on Friday, September 12, 2014

Pros: "reliable, convenient to use"

Cons: "cheap interior"

"I bought the vehicle for a specific reason and it has met my expectation"

Do not buy this

By on Friday, September 05, 2014

"Ford began making this vehicle different and it is a very expensive car to maintain. They put a belt on the front of the motor and the belt on the back of the motor so to do any head work you have to remove the entire engine! I have put 4 new tires on this car this year, new brakes, had to rebuild the transmission at 120,000 miles, and now I need a new radiator and head work which is going to cost $3500! I would recommend "exploring" other options before purchasing this vehicle. Do not buy any 5.4L fords!"

Not the best vehicle. I would not buy another one

By on Thursday, August 28, 2014

Pros: "Good price, but not a good transmission"

Cons: "Transmission is no good. Ford need to improve it."

"The transmission on this truck is 100% no good. Food needs to fix this problem. I spend well over $2000 plus $700 labour to install a use transmission. Only because i wasnt ready to get a new vehicle. Because of this, i will not recommend this vehicle. My advice, before you buy a vehicle read the reviews. After i replace the trany, then i saw the reviews about the trany....not good at all"

excellent vehicle with only minor repairs in 130,0

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pros: "Ford even thinks about the size of the cup holders"

Cons: "You need to replace all 4 tires at the same time"

"This is my second explorer, previous was a 1997 XLT with 5.0 V8. It also was exceptional - it is why I purchased another one. I recently had to replace a catalytic converter and one wheel bearing. I am still on my second set of Michelin tires with maybe 50% wear. Car still looks and drives like new."

Fabulous SUV with very few complaints

By on Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Pros: "Navigation, Bluetooth, sheer size of the thing"

Cons: "Gas mileage, heavy steering"

"I have owned my Explorer for 4 1/2 years, bought new in March 2010 for $42k. I traded up to my Explorer Limited from a 2003 Explorer XLT, for which we traded in a '97 Explorer Eddie Bauer. Clearly, we are faithful to this wonderful car. Pros: As a mother of two teenage athletes, the Explorer's capabilities have never failed to impress me. The power-folding 3rd row seat is an awesome feature and definitely one of my favorite features. My top two favorites are the Bluetooth and Navigation systems. The Bluetooth allows me to talk on the phone, and the GPS helps me get to unknown destinations or sporting events, whatever the day calls for. When it comes time to carpool or drive kids to dinner for a birthday party, this car does the job perfectly. Cons: Fuel efficiency — more like fuel deficiency. I normally get 10-13MPG in my V6 4WD model. I definitely regret not getting the V8, which I've heard is much smoother and has a much better transmission. The lack of power liftgate or backup camera is also a big downside to me. My last complaint would have to be the heavy steering. I had a hand injury 2 years ago, which has made low speed maneuvers in this car a little more difficult. Otherwise, this is a fantastic car! I have 8 months of payments left, which is when I will sadly have to trade this car in for something more fuel efficient."