2005 Ford Explorer

7.5

Based on 1058 Ratings for the 2002 - 2005 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Had this vehicle the longest ever

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

"I bought this truck used in 2003 with 20K miles on it and brand new tires. I have since put on over 180K miles on it driving it up and down interstate 95 visiting family and friends. This truck is very roomy and comfortable whether traveling with just my family of 4 or taking my teenage daughter and 6 of her friends sometimes, everyone fits. No real mechanical problems to speak of just usual brakes, oil and filter, transmission fluid change, new set of tires, did do back differential but that seems to common. I live in Long Island NY so it has been snow, hail, rain and heat. No rust and paint still looks good, a few minor scratches and dings but hey truck is 12 years old. Would love to get another one but just too expensive and I would like to cut down on the 70 per week gas fill up. But absolutely loved my explorer and glad I made the purchase all those years ago."

STAY AWAY!!!

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Comfy"

Cons: "awful gas milage"

"Pleasee.....do your self a favor and aviod this car! I got this car in 2006, 57,000 milage, and it just broke down for good at 124,000! Everything was wrong with it, I mainted it, yet it still was awful, HORRIBLE ON GAS!!!!! This car was the worst experience, every week or 2 it was in the repair shop until it finally broke down for good November 2013! Good ridence!"

Excellent vehicle

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

"This vehicle drives well in inclement weather and over harsh road conditions. Provides lots of space for all of the tall people in my family."

I love this car!!!

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "Super fun, hardy workhorse of a car!!"

Cons: "only seats five"

"I just love driving this car!!! (I am a woman) It is totally fun to drive, quick responding, easy to view other cars in mirrors, just a real blast. I picked this car up at a lot for cheap, so when the reverse didn't work, it was no big deal to replace the transmission. The car has an internal check you can do, it tells you everything, when to change the oil, etc, really convenient. You can be sure everything is working. This suv is hardy, durable, and can pack a load, I moved across country and it went very smoothly. A real workhorse of a truck!"

Its a great suv hasnt gave me many problems

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pros: "reliable"

Cons: "few cosmetics that need to be fixed"

"I love it it runs great it hasnt gave me hardly any problems I have had it for 2 years . It has a few cosmetic problems but nothing horrible"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25