2004 Ford Explorer

7.5

Based on 1118 Ratings for the 2002 - 2005 models.

This was my baby!

By on Thursday, December 20, 2012

Pros: "Dependable, Roomy, Handles Great, Safe!"

Cons: "Gas mileage, 3rd row hard to enter/exit"

Passenger Side view of mine

"200,000 and engine still purrs like a kitten! Everything handles as if it only has a couple thousand instead of a couple hundred thousand miles! If you take care of these cars, they will last! I'm 5 ft tall. I bought this because, while not the smallest, it was so easy to drive. The adjustable seats that raise for height and go forward for length are awesome. Mine also had the optional foot pedals adjust, so the pedals moved up instead of me having to sit right on top of the wheel. So worth the money. We have a big family, but I didn't want a van. The third row seats allow me to seat three adults and four carseats! A note on the third row seat-not easy to get in and out of, but I never sat there :) so it didn't bother me. But once you were in them-very comfortable. Just had some guy slam into the side of my car while I was driving about 40 mph. It messed up the whole side of the car. Everyone had belts on - no injuries at all. It handled very well and while he pushed the car and it spun completely around into the other direction. It never even leaned or felt like it would tip over! It started right up and drove home also! (Though I think there might be frame damage) Overall this car is so easy to drive and has so much room. Its dependable and I always felt safe. Will definitely buy another! And I recommend highly to you!"

Passenger Side view of mine

great car, my third one. only changed color

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Cons: "gas milage could be better in this economy"

"My third explorer, it's a 2005, bought new,very reliable, easy access with running boards. Leather interior makes easy cleaning. A/c, radio/cup holders, phone, disc player, all the comforts of home. Feel real safe because I am up higher for great visibility on the road."

Black Beauty Ford Explorer

By on Sunday, November 03, 2013

Pros: "Fun and easy to drive"

Cons: "Gas mileage is not the best"

Check out this Black Beauty!

"I have owned this 2003 Ford Explorer for 7 years and have never had any problems other than the air conditioning which has been repaired. I enjoy the reliablity, being able to fit two bicyles inside easy, and the strong muscle of this SUV. Exterior is black with side boards. Dark gray leather interior with beautiful sunroof. Tires are like new with silver rims. Power locks, windows and seat. Would rather give this car to someone who would need it than just give to a dealer for cheap."

Check out this Black Beauty!

Plan on keeping this it until it dies

By on Monday, July 29, 2013

Pros: "great to drive"

Cons: "gotta keep the back up sensors clean"

first road trip to the beach

"In the year that I have owned this vehicle I have put just under 14,000 miles on it. I have taken it to the beach and on the beach, where I purposely got it stuck in the sand with advancetrac on and in 4wd auto and full air in tires, switched advancetrac off and locked it into 4wd and kept the air in the tires and immediately crawled out and of my hole. Even pulled a Chevy out too. Also took it up to the mountain for some off road snow play and never once thought I was going to get stuck, nor did I get stuck. Towed my parents camping trailer with ease. Smooth on the road and off the road."

first road trip to the beach

Absolutely reliable, comfortable, Safe!!!

By on Friday, July 13, 2012

Pros: "Very safe, Perfectly maintained, It'll last!"

Cons: "You'll have to replace the tires in 30k miles."

"We have owned this vehicle since it was brand new. In St. Louis , Mo. we had our share of snow and freezing rain storms. In snow we simply turned a knob on the dash board to engage four wheel drive. It was such a comforting feeling because you physically could feel the difference in traction and handling.On an every day experience it felt wonderful to ride high and be able to have such exceptional viewing of everything around you."

VERY PLEASED WITH THIS EXPLORER MY SECOND OWNED.

By on Sunday, April 01, 2012

Pros: "great suv, rides good, drives good, dependable ."

"I've owned two ford explorers and i have been very pleased with them both. I would definitely buy another explorer. As a matter of fact Im vechicle shopping for my third one now."

I would buy it again, no regrets

By on Saturday, April 27, 2013

Pros: "style, awesome turning radius and manueverability"

Cons: "Fuel economy only about 12 mpg city"

"Just turned over 265,000 miles still running strong on original engine and transmission. It does have little quirks like abs light, O/D light from time to time, but they have been on for the last 100k miles or so. It does have the Ford Explorer crack on the rear hatch. I have changed oil every 5k miles since new, had to change ball joints, tie rod ends, an alternator, a bunch of tires ,a battery, but other than that it is original. I plan on driving it for another 100k."

This truck does it all for me Eddie Bauer V8

By on Monday, February 18, 2013

Pros: "Will do it all, haul people, cargo, lots of power"

Cons: "Bad reviews info screen too dark in daylight"

"I choose the 2002 explorer even though i have heard about all the problems, owning all fords my whole life i felt like i couldn't go wrong. I purchased it used from a ford dealership with 68,000. I have owned this vehicle for 4 years, eddie bauer v8 all wheel drive. I was a little apprehensive about this purchase, but i have to say that 4 years later i am very happy, only minor problems, i have put on 45,000 miles in four years, from highway driving, light off road/sand-dirt, and snow. I have heard alot of bad reviews about transmissions, and other serious problems, maybe im lucky, i have not experienced any of the major problems, i maintain it very well, changing major fluids before recommended intervals sometimes in the crucial areas like trans, transfer case, coolant. It is very fast, lots of extra power with the v8 that you don't get with the v6, i guess only time will tell!"

Love this car

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive,"

Cons: "seats do not lie flat for storage"

"Very comfortable to drive long distances. I am short but it firs me very well even though it is a large SUV"

LOVED this vehicle!

By on Saturday, April 28, 2012

Reason: traded in for better mileage and newer

Pros: "All the features of a luxury car, pretty, dependab"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"It was just time to get a smaller car with better mileage, since I recently sold my horse trailer and won't need a vehicle able to pull it. I'm sad to say good-bye to my beautiful, dependable Explorer! Lots of great memories of horse shows with my daughter, <3"