2003 Ford Explorer

7.5

Based on 1151 Ratings for the 2002 - 2005 models.

Really like this vehicle

By on Thursday, June 18, 2015

Pros: "Just about everything is great."

Cons: "plastic hatch, high seats"

"This is a great vehicle. Big enough to handle just about anything you want to carry. Runs great and has alot of getup and go. Very safe feeling car. The only 2 things I didn't like about this car was the small hatch in the back is made of plastic and cracked. I've seen many others with the same defect. The other thing is that I'm 6'3" tall, and the drivers seat is alittle to high. Can't adjust it down enough for me. Other than that, this car has been very reliable and great for trips and around town driving. When I have to sell it, I'm going to be very unhappy."

My favorite vehicle of all times

By on Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Pros: "Love almost everything about it"

Cons: "Third row is a pain to get into"

"I owned many cars ,trucks, caravans and I have to say my 2004 FordEplorer is my favorite. It's definitly not a feminine vehicle .i have 189,000 miles with all origanal parts. I finally had to replace parts but only had to spend $2,500 for all new tires, bearing, upper lower control arm, alignment some rear work as well. This Truck never stood me wrong. I love how it rides. Mind you its not a smooth ride like a Honda pilot. This is a manly truck. I am afraid to get a newer model, newer is not always better"

an amazing vehicle!

By on Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Pros: "fun, depedable, comfort, powerful"

"this truck has took me and my family everywheres. Has never let us down. It really does run all day everyday everywhere i use it to go to work then my wife uses it to go to work and inbetween it does all the stoping and going for all three of are children all week then on the weekends it takes us to are family away places. its great off roading never got stuck and we been very deep in mud. hold alot of wait. and has plenty of room for all of us plus bagged. it a great dependable truck and the gas millage is great i think we get 19-20 highway and 17 city."

nice ride, comfort, feel etc

By on Sunday, January 8, 2012

Pros: "Great ride, good feel, solid high quality feel"

Cons: "drivetrain repair expence"

"Maintenance expence was high due to wheel bearing replacement on average every 60000 mi. They are expensive parts, 200 dollars apiece for the fronts , plus labor,350 for the rears, I have gone through 3 sets in 180000 miles and they all need replaced again. I have had this car lazer aligned 5 times in five years and it does not seem to make a difference. I have gotten as high as 22 mpg on highway trips and average 17.5 around town with this car, so fuel econamy has not been bad for a large AWD SUV."

Worst Vehicle I've EVER Had!!!!!!

By on Wednesday, June 29, 2016

"I purchased this vehicle March 2013...By March 2014...Transmisson went out. I had that rebuilt $1600...I ve replaced catalytic converter...battery...recently alternator, two days before XMAS 2015. I bought new tires, oil change and front brakes and rotors March 2016....and now my transmission has completely burned out again TWO years later. HATE THIS CAR WITH A PASSION!!!! Now the car is just sitting bc I do not have $2150 to get it fixed. My agreement 309/48 months starting March 2013...I have spent over almost $3000 keeping this car running."