2003 Ford Explorer

7.5

Based on 1085 Ratings for the 2002 - 2005 models.

self contained transmissions are gaureenteed to fa

By on Friday, September 12, 2014

Pros: "Good 4.0 engine?"

Cons: "transmission failuer! $2800 in a shop to fix"

"After i bought this vehicle i did a kelly blue book on it! the most i could get for it in any condission was mid 4K Im paying 13k @ 16% intrest witch will be 23k after 5 years! Then i went on the internet and put in the type of transmission in it! And transmission specialist told me they replaced them from 65k to 180k (it takes a special kit to fix them right witch cost over $400.00) So im returning it i made 1 payment and that is the last!"

reliable comftorble

By on Tuesday, September 09, 2014

"satisfactory"

Has been a great vehicle.

By on Thursday, September 04, 2014

Pros: "Drives like a car. Good pick-up, space for all"

Cons: "Back lift developed a crack early o"

"I no longer need a large SUV. Kids and their sports teams all done. Want to try a car and get better gas mileage. Have kept so long because its paid for and just eat the cost of gas as opposed to a car payment."

Love it

By on Friday, August 22, 2014

Pros: "Nice drive, convenient, nice interior, comfy."

Cons: "Gas mpg, couple electrical issues."

"I never expected to like an explorer. But this thing drives great and is very comfortable and nice. I haven't had many problems or costly repairs I'll probably drive it til it dies!"

vehicle holds up to more than its value

By on Friday, August 22, 2014

Pros: "comfortable travel vehicle-smoothe drive"

Cons: "gas mileage is low"

detailed and prepped for winter

"The 2003 Ford Explorer is truly one of a kind. It holds greater value than it is rated, and can run longer than average vehicles with regular maintenance and care. Miles are not an issue, the frame is rugged and sturdy for year round driving. Each has its bells and whistles; the XLS is the basic package and does not sum up to the Limited, but if heated leather power seats and a five disc CD changer are no expectation to you, the life and durability are just as spectacular! I lost mine in a collision where the other driver drove through the stop sign and totaled the passenger side of the vehicle. It still drives excellent, but a vehicle with a body this sharp should not be in ill condition, and repairs were too expensive. I will buy another one, as I am a loyal Explorer buyer, and expect to get exactly what I expect from it, endless comfort and stability."

detailed and prepped for winter

love truck! The ride not great otherwise great!

By on Monday, August 18, 2014

Pros: "An absolute dream to drive and very good price!"

Cons: "Bumpy ride"

"Great truck. The ride not so great! Take off a little slow, however, great value, reliable and good quality. I like this truck so well I'll buying a 2015 this week! The 2015 has a much smoother ride. FANTASTIC!!!!!! I love my Ford explorer!!!!!"

A PERFECT all around family vehicle

By on Saturday, August 16, 2014

Pros: "Very dependable and fun to drive"

Cons: "Coils don't last long on new yorks pot hole roads"

"A very comfortable vehicle, nice to drive and very dependable.Very reliable and fun to drive."

has run like a champ, used as a family car

By on Thursday, August 14, 2014

Pros: "reliable super reliable"

Cons: "third row did not split on this on 04"

"would by another picked this one up off the lot brand new and had great rebates at the time. tows great with the full size tow package. at the time thought the back up sensor was the best thing ever. still like it better then my back up camera. wish it had the third row that split 04 were not sold split third row. oh well........thanks Ford"

very good vehicle

By on Thursday, July 31, 2014

Pros: "At 175000 it still runs great"

"much better vehicle than the Honda and Nissan that I owned prior to this Explorer. This has been a very trouble free vehicle"

My Eddie Bauer has been good to me

By on Sunday, July 13, 2014

Pros: "lots of personal perks on this particular vehicle"

Cons: "tight steering"

"I like my 04 Eddie Bauer Explorer, V8 engine, but for the sake of those who are evaluating the purchase of an Explorer, this is the truth of it...It's built on a truck frame, therefore, it rides like a truck but it also sits high like a truck to see around traffic. The V8 engine allows good towing power and acceleration; gets between 15-19 mpg using regular gasoline. My Explorer does not have a full back seat but nice bucket seats, however there's extra storage space not having a full 3-person back seat, and still has the third row option. The driver has two memory seat settings and both front seats have the lumbar and heat option. The steering is tight so getting out of a parking spot takes several turns of the wheel. It doesn't have a camera but it does have the warning beeps when you come too close to any object. And that's been super nice to have! Neither visor mirror covers hold as they should. It doesn't have an ash tray, but I don't need one. There are two 12V accessories, one for the front and one for the back seat passengers. There are air vents for the front, the back seat and the third row/cargo area. It has plenty of drink holders; good size hidden storage compartments and pockets. My Explorer is 11 years old and now has a short in one of the stereo speakers but the system offers nice sound options. Overall I have enjoyed my Explorer. It's traveled over 120,000 miles and it's still running fine with just minor repairs along the way. I never fear when I get on the road with my family to take a trip and to me that's what's most important."