2002 Ford Explorer

7.5

Based on 1144 Ratings for the 2002 - 2005 models.

My favorite vehicle of all times

By on Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Pros: "Love almost everything about it"

Cons: "Third row is a pain to get into"

"I owned many cars ,trucks, caravans and I have to say my 2004 FordEplorer is my favorite. It's definitly not a feminine vehicle .i have 189,000 miles with all origanal parts. I finally had to replace parts but only had to spend $2,500 for all new tires, bearing, upper lower control arm, alignment some rear work as well. This Truck never stood me wrong. I love how it rides. Mind you its not a smooth ride like a Honda pilot. This is a manly truck. I am afraid to get a newer model, newer is not always better"

Junk Tranny

By on Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Pros: "Nice ride, great in snow"

Cons: "BAD TRANSMISSION"

"I am currently on my 3rd or 4th transmission (lost track). The trannys are sealed and are, for lack of a better term, JUNK. Blown seals, transmission pumps etc. Nothing but a headache. Had I known this before I bought it, I never would have purchased it. The history of the '03 Explorer is noted for the bad transmissions. I am living proof of that."

Had this vehicle the longest ever

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

"I bought this truck used in 2003 with 20K miles on it and brand new tires. I have since put on over 180K miles on it driving it up and down interstate 95 visiting family and friends. This truck is very roomy and comfortable whether traveling with just my family of 4 or taking my teenage daughter and 6 of her friends sometimes, everyone fits. No real mechanical problems to speak of just usual brakes, oil and filter, transmission fluid change, new set of tires, did do back differential but that seems to common. I live in Long Island NY so it has been snow, hail, rain and heat. No rust and paint still looks good, a few minor scratches and dings but hey truck is 12 years old. Would love to get another one but just too expensive and I would like to cut down on the 70 per week gas fill up. But absolutely loved my explorer and glad I made the purchase all those years ago."

Love it! Just keeps on going, through anything!

By on Friday, August 16, 2013

Pros: "Dependable, great in winter!"

Cons: "Gas mileage not great, but could be due to age"

"Bought this Explorer with 170,000 miles and have had it for 5 years with not a lot of repairs. Now I use it to deliver mail for the USPS. Never have to worry about getting stuck in rural PA! She just keeps on ticking!"

One of the best vehicle I have owned!

By on Thursday, May 23, 2013

"This car has been one of the best that I have owned. The engine with 249000 miles on it has been untouched by a mechanic except for oil changes and a alternator at 152000 miles At 248500 miles I replaced valve cover gaskets and front rear end seals. At 180000 miles I replaced the right rear wheel seals."