2002 Ford Explorer

7.5

Based on 1151 Ratings for the 2002 - 2005 models.

I would buy it again, no regrets

By on Saturday, April 27, 2013

Pros: "style, awesome turning radius and manueverability"

Cons: "Fuel economy only about 12 mpg city"

"Just turned over 265,000 miles still running strong on original engine and transmission. It does have little quirks like abs light, O/D light from time to time, but they have been on for the last 100k miles or so. It does have the Ford Explorer crack on the rear hatch. I have changed oil every 5k miles since new, had to change ball joints, tie rod ends, an alternator, a bunch of tires ,a battery, but other than that it is original. I plan on driving it for another 100k."

Had this vehicle the longest ever

By on Wednesday, April 2, 2014

"I bought this truck used in 2003 with 20K miles on it and brand new tires. I have since put on over 180K miles on it driving it up and down interstate 95 visiting family and friends. This truck is very roomy and comfortable whether traveling with just my family of 4 or taking my teenage daughter and 6 of her friends sometimes, everyone fits. No real mechanical problems to speak of just usual brakes, oil and filter, transmission fluid change, new set of tires, did do back differential but that seems to common. I live in Long Island NY so it has been snow, hail, rain and heat. No rust and paint still looks good, a few minor scratches and dings but hey truck is 12 years old. Would love to get another one but just too expensive and I would like to cut down on the 70 per week gas fill up. But absolutely loved my explorer and glad I made the purchase all those years ago."

Nice ride,truck feeling,lots of room

By on Friday, August 10, 2012

Pros: "extra 3rd seat, cloth seats, excellent AC,"

Cons: "none as of yet"

"Our 02 Ford Explorer is our family first luxcury car. For the pasts 25 winters we had to depend on less great SUV to get over the mtn passes. We found our Explorer at dealership it had one owner and less 58000 miles on the engine. Its look like it just come off the assembly line. Everything looked brand new.Even the engine. Now I married to a "motorhead" whose has worked the last 12 years a auto part store for carquest. I can't tell how many hundreds of cars/suv that man yelled at me about cost parts when I was wanting to buy a new car. Our new Explorer not one word! I will keep update, since in new to us"

One of the best vehicle I have owned!

By on Thursday, May 23, 2013

"This car has been one of the best that I have owned. The engine with 249000 miles on it has been untouched by a mechanic except for oil changes and a alternator at 152000 miles At 248500 miles I replaced valve cover gaskets and front rear end seals. At 180000 miles I replaced the right rear wheel seals."

Love this car

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive,"

Cons: "seats do not lie flat for storage"

"Very comfortable to drive long distances. I am short but it firs me very well even though it is a large SUV"