2002 Ford Explorer

7.5

Based on 1076 Ratings for the 2002 - 2005 models.

My Eddie Bauer has been good to me

By on Sunday, July 13, 2014

Pros: "lots of personal perks on this particular vehicle"

Cons: "tight steering"

"I like my 04 Eddie Bauer Explorer, V8 engine, but for the sake of those who are evaluating the purchase of an Explorer, this is the truth of it...It's built on a truck frame, therefore, it rides like a truck but it also sits high like a truck to see around traffic. The V8 engine allows good towing power and acceleration; gets between 15-19 mpg using regular gasoline. My Explorer does not have a full back seat but nice bucket seats, however there's extra storage space not having a full 3-person back seat, and still has the third row option. The driver has two memory seat settings and both front seats have the lumbar and heat option. The steering is tight so getting out of a parking spot takes several turns of the wheel. It doesn't have a camera but it does have the warning beeps when you come too close to any object. And that's been super nice to have! Neither visor mirror covers hold as they should. It doesn't have an ash tray, but I don't need one. There are two 12V accessories, one for the front and one for the back seat passengers. There are air vents for the front, the back seat and the third row/cargo area. It has plenty of drink holders; good size hidden storage compartments and pockets. My Explorer is 11 years old and now has a short in one of the stereo speakers but the system offers nice sound options. Overall I have enjoyed my Explorer. It's traveled over 120,000 miles and it's still running fine with just minor repairs along the way. I never fear when I get on the road with my family to take a trip and to me that's what's most important."

This is my second Ford Explorer 6 cyl.

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Pros: "Roomy, nice and clean interior."

Cons: "Engines fall out of the vehicle at 93000 miles."

"This vehicle is just what my wife and I wanted. So we though. Roomy interior, excellent inside, comfortable, all the bells and whistles. BUT.... this is the 2nd Ford explorer, at 93k miles, has needed MAJOR engine repairs totaling this time, over $3000. I will never own another one, ever. as long as I live. The first one, ended it's life at 93000 due to the camshaft seals allowing the crank shaft something or another, to have the engine pulled - fixed and replaced. THIS one, just had a timing belt issue, which ruined the engine. NOT A happy camper."

Awesome Vehicle! I am 60+ and want another one

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Pros: "Vehicle Size is perfect; 3rd row seat is a plus"

Cons: "Needs more USB slots - glove box & rear seat"

"We leased the Explorer LTD, and at the end of our 3 year lease, we purchased the vehicle. I am a 60 year old grandma, and I just LOVE this car. It "turns on a dime" - the driving radius is incredible. It is extremely comfortable to sit in, I feel safe in this vehicle. I will be purchasing a NEW Explorer within the next few months! I can not imagine life without an Explorer. It is PERFECT for hauling our toddler grandson and all of his "gear"! We babysit him everyday, and the Explorer has been fantastic."

SALVAGE TITLE

By on Monday, June 30, 2014

I don't own this car

"THIS IS CAR TITLE SALVAGE, I NEED TO KNOW WHAT IS THE APROX VALUE"

I've had this SUV for 5 years and its been GREAT

By on Sunday, June 22, 2014

Pros: "Eddie Bauer edition is awesome and it looks good."

Cons: "V-8 lots of POWER but not that great on mpg 20hwy"

"Good car overall since we got it!! We got it used but in great shape and it is still in the same shape V-8 is super but it does waste gas but if you drive like a normal person you wont regret getting it."

See if you qualify for