2000 Ford Explorer

8.2

Based on 1165 Ratings for the 1995 - 2001 models.

1995 Limited

By on Friday, October 17, 2008

"We purchased this vehicle used in 2001 and have since put 100k miles on it. She now has 183,000 and going strong. Had to get the transmission replaced at 134k and of course the alternator, idler pulley, etc, but besides that normal care. We switched all the fluids over to synthetic and get 16 mph city and 22 hwy with 17.5 mixed. I love this vehicle, and will drive it into the ground, we just picked up a 2002 for the wife and she loves that one. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone."

Good vehicle, but has problems

By on Thursday, November 01, 2007

"We've had it for 8 years now and it has done fairly well. Just the fuel economy really hurts this car. It has decent power but not enough to justify the horrible fuel economy. But other than that it is a tough and reliable suv."

Hated to see it go!

By on Tuesday, October 30, 2007

"We have had this SUV for 11yrs and it has been the best vehicle! Hate to see it go. It has remained our "extra" vehicle for when our new ones had dead batteries.... and flat tires. Like the energizer bunny, just kept on going! Now it will go to our daughter............"

my truck was very good to me

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2007

"i had my 96 explorer for 14 months. some not-so-nice bag man hit me and ultimately totaled my baby (my truck). now despite all the bad things i heard about ford, i am super happy i opted to buy this truck. i bought it from a previous owner who was second to own it, then i was the third. i was told he husband took very good care of it. i had minimal problems with my explorer. the check engine light came on once, which costed me $240 to fix- part and labor. my truck did so much more than bring me from point A to B- i'd definitely reccomend an explorer to anyone! i had a very good experience. brake pads are price-y and a tune up was estimated at $250-$400 (my being a female probably played a role in that one). attempting to flush the anti-freeze was difficult because everything is close together under the hood- but i'm sure it would have been do-able. back passenger doors were sometimes too difficult for small children to open, unlocking the doors when they needed to be opened was usually necessary (even though the door can be opened without having to unlock with power locks). overall, my truck was good to me despite what i'd heard. with regular oil changes, frequent fluid checks, and simple monitoring of noises and drive patterns- my explorer did what i needed and more. she purred like a kitten. lol. may her engine rest in peace."

By on Wednesday, July 18, 2007

"What a great car. 140,000 miles later, and I lost my AC. Thats not bad for hard winters and salty air. I would recommend this vehicle for anyone that lives in the snow and enjoys the outdoors."