1999 Ford Explorer

8.2

Based on 1160 Ratings for the 1995 - 2001 models.

we have owned top explores.

By on Monday, December 31, 2007

"We have owned two exporers and I would recommend them highly. The first was a 1997 which was a great vehicle. We drove it for 185,000 miles and sold it to the mechanic who serviced it. We now own a 2000 explorer which has 100,000 miles and we just purchased new tires because we plan on it going many more miles. This is a true work horse and I would buy another. Just maintain it and it will go on and on. I am convinced that this is a good vehicle based on our experience."

Very reliable with minimal problems

By on Monday, June 30, 2014

"After 334,000 miles there are 5 issues 1. Check Engine Light - Transmission codes but the car still drives very well 2. Heater blend door - Stuck on high heat unless Max a/c is used and then blows nice and cold 3. Drivers power door lock doesn't work correctly 4. ABS light on - the right front ABS sensor wire fell off the mount and rubbed on the CV boot causing a failure on that sensor 5. Left turn signal switch doesn't work properly. you have to hold it in place. After 334,000 miles how can we complain. I am trying to sell it now after my wife bought a new car last week but this thing has never left her stranded. We have changed several parts over the years but with some know-how and good tools there was nothing I couldn't take care of at home in the driveway. Intake gaskets were the biggest job we did a couple of years ago. If you can find one of these with low miles and need an SUV I highly recommend it. Probably one of the best years for Ford Explorers."

Good vehicle, but...

By on Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Pros: "It can get up and go"

Cons: "High roll over, Hydroplaned 3 times thus far"

Ignore the Sonic cup

"It's nice and reliable, but... I'm 6'3", my seat is all the way back and I feel to cramped behind the wheel, other than that it's good if kept maintained. Parts I've had to replace: Throttle Positioning Sensor Cruise Control Switches Idle Control Valve Other than those few thing, everything is great. Nice A/C, clean interior, Nice engine for its size, pretty good towing capability."

Ignore the Sonic cup

Favorite Vehicle Of All Times

By on Saturday, August 18, 2012

Pros: "Fantastic price, joy to drive, dependability, comf"

Cons: "Can't think of any."

"This has been the most dependable, reliable vehicle I have ever owned. It ha ample space for hauling. Has a sporty great design. Very economical, low maintenance. Superb power and functionality. I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone needing a extremely dependable and economical ride. It has 214000 miles and still running strong, have had very little work needed and it has never once failed to start or disappoint me. I will buy another Explorer when this one finally wears out."

Best SUV Ever!!!

By on Monday, April 30, 2012

"I must say I have gotten my $'s worth out of this SUV. I have done "some exploring" to say the least. It finally died on me @ appx 348,000 miles and was still fast LOL I have truly enjoyed my Explorer!!!"