1996 Ford Explorer

8.2

Based on 1157 Ratings for the 1995 - 2001 models.

we have owned top explores.

By on Monday, December 31, 2007

"We have owned two exporers and I would recommend them highly. The first was a 1997 which was a great vehicle. We drove it for 185,000 miles and sold it to the mechanic who serviced it. We now own a 2000 explorer which has 100,000 miles and we just purchased new tires because we plan on it going many more miles. This is a true work horse and I would buy another. Just maintain it and it will go on and on. I am convinced that this is a good vehicle based on our experience."

Hard working, reliable, low maintenance

By on Thursday, November 15, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, easy to drive and park, turns on a dime"

Cons: "Sporty ride, back seat uncomfortable"

"I bought this Explorer with 30,000 miles and was fortunate enough to get five free tires because the stock ones were recalled. A great start saving me $500 at the time! Since then, as my daily driver, I have driven all along the East coast, towed trailers, pulled stumps, installed a snowplow and plowed some really heavy wet snow for my family and business. This is one great, versatile SUV even though I never "babied" it. The good: Runs great, very manuverable, turns sharp, great visibility, all wheel drive is great in rain, snow and dirt, controls are right where they should be, very reliable, lots of cargo space and headroom, paint and upholstry are still excellent, great brakes, quiet smooth motor and drivetrain, 4.0 SOHC motor has plenty of power for this size vehicle. The bad: Firm ride, back seat uncomfortable, rear windshild wiper is useless. Expenses: I replaced the thermostat, shocks, brakes, muffler/tailpipe, one fog light socket and a set of sway bar bushings. Thhis has been a very economical vehicle to own."

Very driveable, 4WD, reliable, excellent milage,

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pros: "has been excellent choics"

Cons: "no cons"

"Used by daughter during hi school and school breaks. Made us as parents that it gave more safety. Also, used for business in the high Sierras in all seasons. Handles well on winter roads. Very reliable. Never starting problems."

Great dependable car.

By on Monday, August 20, 2012

Pros: "NONE"

Cons: "NO cup holders"

"I have driven my Explorer over 220,000 miles without a single problem. It is the best vehicle I have EVER owned."

340,000 miles, 17 years old. Best car ever owned

By on Monday, June 23, 2014

"We bought it in 98, it had 17,000 miles on it. It is still good looking, and is just the best, most trouble free car we've ever owned. Our trusted mechanic, last 25 years, friend and fellow parishoner, has advised us to sell it,right now, while we still can: apparently it's not supposed to live this long...go figure."