1994 Ford Explorer

7.5

Based on 257 Ratings for the 1992 - 1994 models.

Still running!

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2008

"I love this truck. Bought my 93 EB with 127k in 2005 and put another 70k on it since. I don't drive particularly rough but the v6 runs strong. The previous owner took lousy care of the truck as I've replaced tie rods/ball joints, valve cover gaskets, starter, and now the tranny (lost overdrive). Also replaced myriad interiors pieces due to scribbling, holes, stupid stuff, etc). But it's really comfy, gets 24 mpg highway w/ cruise, hauls plenty, and I love the styling! And it gets around great in the snow! I just wish the interior wasn't quite so plasticy (quality rating of 3). I still recommend the Explorers!"

Great after 14 years

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2008

"I bought this XL new in New York in 94. I've driven it to California and back and all over the Rocky Mountains. It has seen its share of off road use for hunting and fishing. I blew the automatic hubs and put manuals on it and have not had any trouble with this vehicle other than normal driving stuff. No rust but the clear coat on the paint is starting to come off. Good gas mileage (20-22) and it just keeps going. Ford Tough for sure. At 161,000 miles, it is a winner."

iits a good truck

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2007

"I have owned mine for a little over two years. It has almost 150 grand on the clock and leaks nothing. I did have a little spat with the tranny trying to tow a heavy trailer up a steep mountain. But some Lucas tranny treatment and it was good to go. It will handle 31" tires with no mods. As long as I keep the speed at about 65 I see 20+ mpg on the highway. Much faster and it drops like a rock. As it is shaped like a brick. It is a great city driver as it turns on a dime. The twin I-beam front syspention is a bit on the rough side of the coin compared to newer explorers. And uneven tire wear is a bit of an issue mandating tire rotation ever 10 or 15 thousand miles. All in all I love my truck. Change the oil and don't expect it to tow anything heavier than 5000 lbs and it will last a long time."

worst transmistion in 11 years stright

By on Friday, August 10, 2007

"very poor transmission, Top transmission macanics stated that they were the worst transmissions in the last 11 years, I know I have to rebuild mine. and was told that it will happen again and again. alumium $ $ 2200.00 for rebuild. still paying on it . more than its value. I will be trading it in shortley. Bummer I really liked it other wise."

13 yrs and still going

By on Monday, July 23, 2007

"I've had my explorer since the day I bought it new in 11/1994. This has been the most reliable vehicle that I've own. My spouse swears I'll be buried in it. It's still running strong and well. I love my truck. 250,000 miles +, and well maintained"