1994 Ford Explorer

7.5

Based on 254 Ratings for the 1991 - 1994 models.

Truck is a total beast

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

"When I first got this truck I thought it was just ok... 300000 miles later I am still driving it and take care of it a little bit from time to time and it just keeps chuggin along! I'm thinking about buying a new car for my wife and we're definitely buying a Ford Truck no matter what. This truck really is built tough - thanks Ford!"

this is a great truck good running

By on Saturday, February 11, 2012

"this is a great truck good running great for off road whit the auto lockers i love driving my 1994 ford explorer 4X4"

Very good family vehicle.

By on Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Pros: "comfortable, looks stylish, dependable,great cargo space"

Cons: "no rear cup holders."

"I have no complaints on this vehicle. Maintainance is the key to a succesful relationship with anything...take care of your vehicle and it will take care of you. My Ford has never let me down."

it is the best vehicle i have ever owned

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive and very reliable"

"i use my vehicle everyday and everyday it starts like a champ . It is good on all liquids needed and always gets me from point to point b AWESOME!"

Love this vehicle

By on Monday, November 21, 2011

"The car is roomy, it has good leg space. After 18 years it still runs good and has excellent interior. It handles great. The height keeps headlights out of my eyes. Ample windows help to elimate blind spots. Heater works extremely well. I love this Eddie Bauer addition vehicle. I take it camping and lay down the back seats not only for storage, but it is roomy enough to sleep in. My cousin also has an explorer that she loves. I will keep this car till it falls apart. As good as it runs, I expect to still be driving this car in 10 or 15 years. Highly recommend this vehicle."

tough old explorer

By on Thursday, July 02, 2009

"i bought this truck in 95. I new the orginal owner. It was in mint condition with 45k miles. Now it has been through 9 years or driving back and forth to work, several long trips, and worst of all, 12 years of volunteer fire service in which I put that truck (SUV) in places a hoarse would not go with street tires. This thing is loaded. Power everything. Enage is good but has common problem of idle control going bad. Trans mission and transfer case in excelent condition with only the electric transfer motor changed. I have had to pleace from rotors and bearing but after the beating i have put it through, I should have changed them 12 time versus the 3 times I have doe it. i did all maintence putting extended milage valvoline in it after 75k miles to date. Now the truck is a bit worse for wear but I am a big man of 6'7" at 400 lbs and naturally the interior is going to suffer. my wife backed into the passenger door so there is a ding in it, and the common rear fender rust is present and I am not a body man. I put a K&N Filter in it and got 2 extra mpgs and even with this milage, it stil gets 20 and it seems to better milage on 2 lane roads and dirt rather than hiway. 4 door auto with OD trans, toughest little 4.0 engine i have ever seen and it will still respond quickly to the pedal. This has been the best truck that I have ever owned. If yo find one with a good body, BUY IT!. I am getting a full size truck but I am keep this for back up till I see how the pu does. It only let me down once and I quickly fiked the problem. It was a fuel pump problem. Tank is a pain but has lasted for a long time. I just can't say enough about this truck. Do the maintence and it will take care of you."

Been a true workhorse

By on Monday, January 14, 2008

"I bought this vehicle new. In the first ten years, other than regular maintenance the only thing I replaced was the thermostat, which cost $10. In the last three years I had to replace the AC hose at a cost of $300 for all parts and labor. This has been an exceptional vehicle. The end came with two incidents in one week. First someone backed into the right rear door; up to that point the body was cherry. Then the bearing in the AC condenser froze up. Value Vs. repair cost ratio dictated I donate it and look for a replacement. It did great in the snow and ice up at Tahoe. Hard ride, but super vehicle all around. I'm looking for a replacement now. Definately going for another Explorer."

Great Value for the Money

By on Saturday, September 22, 2007

"I bought my 1992 Sport 2WD new. Has almost 160,000 miles of mostly HARD city driving (potholes, bumps, high speed, etc) in Washington, DC. The car is practically bulletproof! Major repair was the transmission (automatic) at about 120,000 miles. Had to constantly change brake rotors when I used off-brand "lifetime" pads, but I found that using the Ford-supplied pads made that issue disappear. I have all the power options, and they all still work fine. Compare that to my 2001 Mercedes SUV that cost 3 times more and is constantly in the shop for stupid things. The way I drive (think Starsky and Hutch) and the place I drive (DC) shows that this truck is really "Ford Tough"."

servicable family car

By on Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable to drive and ride in"

Cons: "None that I can find"

"This car is in excellent condition. Battery recently replaced. Has always been housed indors and cared for carefully. Tires are excellent (Michelin), interior very good. Only one driver its whole life. 4 wheel drive, good air conditioning and heat, clock works, radio and CD player. Leather seats, plenty of cargo space."

Good Dependable vehicle

By on Wednesday, February 09, 2011

"What vehicle have you seen or heard of that has lasted 17 years without a major engine replacement or major failure of some kind. great for taking on outdoor activities. Still gets 15mpg"