1994 Ford Explorer

7.5

Based on 255 Ratings for the 1991 - 1994 models.

Truck is a total beast

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

"When I first got this truck I thought it was just ok... 300000 miles later I am still driving it and take care of it a little bit from time to time and it just keeps chuggin along! I'm thinking about buying a new car for my wife and we're definitely buying a Ford Truck no matter what. This truck really is built tough - thanks Ford!"

Great Value for the Money

By on Saturday, September 22, 2007

"I bought my 1992 Sport 2WD new. Has almost 160,000 miles of mostly HARD city driving (potholes, bumps, high speed, etc) in Washington, DC. The car is practically bulletproof! Major repair was the transmission (automatic) at about 120,000 miles. Had to constantly change brake rotors when I used off-brand "lifetime" pads, but I found that using the Ford-supplied pads made that issue disappear. I have all the power options, and they all still work fine. Compare that to my 2001 Mercedes SUV that cost 3 times more and is constantly in the shop for stupid things. The way I drive (think Starsky and Hutch) and the place I drive (DC) shows that this truck is really "Ford Tough"."

love it

By on Sunday, May 10, 2009

"I love you my explorer. i bought it because it needed head gaskets but then on out its been great! The thing is awesome in the snow and gets pretty good gas mileage. The 6 way power seat and lumbar support are the greatest. Never have a sore back going on a road trip in it!"

Trusting Vehicle

By on Monday, April 20, 2009

"I've owned my explorer for 10 years now. I've rolled the odometer twice and currently at 230,000 miles. I bought the car in 1999 with 76,000 on it. I've had minor problems. I've converted the AC from R12 to R134a with all new system parts. A new transmission after 170,000. A simple transfer case motor replacement for the 4WD. This truck has been fun for what i do. The only DOWNSIDE to the explorer is that you cannot rent a Uhaul or Ryder trailer to be pulled behind the Explorer. Idiot drivers made this possible for us. Other then this, my explorer has been the most dependable vehicle through out my travels. I still get 300+ miles per tank city/Highway. I do my own mechanic work if needed, and it's mostly been wear and tear items. This is a good truck."

My explorer

By on Monday, January 05, 2009

"I don't know why kbb thinks this vehicle is worth so little.Its the best truck I have ever had and has never given me problems.I guess its how fords are made in general.Its one of those 1 in 10 models.You know,the one that will make it to 350,000 miles.Not the one commonly described as "exploder".If your looking at one,just read up on explorers of this year and know the problems they have.Trust me,the pro's out weight the cons."