2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Consumer Reviews

Best little truck and SUV in one.

By on Sunday, June 30, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, ultimate flexibility, safe."

Cons: "A bit of a gas hog--but the quickness is worth it."

"I am going to keep this truck until the wheels fall off because Ford stopped making them. It is a great vehicle that gives me everything I need from a comfortable transport for me and my family to a work horse hauler. The V8 is powerful and lithe. The SYNC is so convenient, and the handling is Ford at it's best. I drove every small truck in its class, and this one had the best of everything. Plus, it was quick and responsive. I am a fanatic about having great steering and great torque for a quick off the line experience. In addition, the back seats are actually comfortable and roomy. I love being able to extend the truck bed with the rack extender and make many trips to the dump and to the local "good will." In addition, the 4x4 keeps my safe in winter as I live on a very steep hill. I can't imagine being without this great truck."

Great Truck

By on Tuesday, June 16, 2009

"The Sport Trac is a Very comfortable, stylish, and a powerful Truck. The Sport Trac rides much better than a Truck, more like an suv. The V8 is powerful. Gas mileage is as good/bad as advertised. It is as good on gas as any of the other mid-size 4-Door trucks from Toyota & Nissan but with much more power than the competition. If Gas Mileage is a major concern, buy a Car, just don’t buy a Truck. Any of these Trucks, regardless of the engine, 4 cyl, or 6 cyl, or 8 cyl, will have relatively low mpg. I am willing to give up a few mpg in order to have a powerful Truck instead of a Car As far as “resale”… I paid below the Invoice for the Sport Trac. The Ford Dealers were willing to negotiate and there were Rebates. I had looked at the comparable Toyota & Nissan 4-door trucks. Much Higher Price for the Nissan/Toyota trucks (with less options than the Ford). I ended up buying a Loaded Ford for the same price as a stripped Nissan or Toyota."

third update

By on Friday, August 02, 2013

"have owned this since I bought it, 84,000 miles, still as good as the first day. Best riding veh ever owned: gas mileage bad,comfort fantastic, does all I need it too. Everytime Ford calls me to ask when Im going to buy a new Ford, the answer too the question is always the same, when you start making the Sports Trac again, until then will own it too the wheels fall off. Had a 2003 Sports Trac gave it to my son, he has 185,000 miles on it, runs as good as day one, come on Ford get the message!!!!!!!!!"

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo....

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted