2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac

Based on 189 Ratings for the 2007 - 2010 models.

In love with the concept, not the execution

By on Friday, August 02, 2013

Pros: "All wheel/four wheel drive system, size"

Cons: "hard seats"

"I love the concept of this vehicle. It fits the needs of me and my family perfectly and, important in Alaska, fits in the garage. The drive system includes both an all wheel drive setting so the vehicle can be driven on any road surface and traditional 4x4 with high lock and low lock settings. It's perfect of Alaska and something not easily found except on GM full size trucks and SUVs. The Tacoma and Frontier have very basic traditional 4x4 systems that are really only useful once the road is totally snow covered or icy. Most new crossovers and SUVs have all wheel drive systems that lack a locking center diff for deep snow or truly icy conditions. Like the professional reviews say for this vehicle and the Honda Ridgeline - most people don't need a full size truck and these two vehicles make more sense. It's true. The problem? I would describe this vehicle as hard. To me the ride hard, many of the control are hard (hard plastic or they require too much effort to push, pull or turn) and the front seats are so hard they cutoff circulation and put my feet to sleep when I drive. I've added cushions to solve the problem, but its a design that doesn't suit me. I bought mine sigh-unseen and had it shipped to Alaska this May, with less than 10,000 miles at the time. The looks of both the Ridgeline and the SportTrac are a bit odd, but the Ridgeline is worse in my opinion and tends to be much more expensive. I highly recommend checking out the SportTrac if your looking for a used Ridgeline or other compact pickup. The ride and seats may not bother you and you'll have an excellent and very practical little truck. Don't underestimate it's abilities either, I hauled 1000 lbs of dead sod to the dump last weekend with ease."

Great vehicle!

By on Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pros: "Very nice, comfortable, and powerful."

Cons: "Braking takes a little more effort."

"This is my second Sport Trac. I put 135K miles on my 03. It's too bad Ford quit making these, because it's likely going to cause me to go to a Nissan Frontier or whatever is available in that type of vehicle when I'm ready to trade. I love this vehicle."

Great all around vehicle

By on Tuesday, November 20, 2007

"Love the look, room, ride and utility. At 6'3" I'm comfortable driving it and room behind me for a real adult. Wish Ford would replace 4.0 V6 with more fuel efficient technology. Excellent to take grandkids fishing and pulls boat easily. Overall would recommend...Ford, please improve fuel efficiency. 16 city and approx. 20 highway at 70-75MPH."

It Very Nice

By on Monday, November 12, 2007

"When compared to other mid-sized trucks, the Sport-Trac is in a copletely different class-as long as you don't need a large bed to haul. The comfort and anemities far surpass standard pickups, and being realistic, the price is not much more. The gas mileage could be better, but I would still strongly recommend the V8. For only a slightly higher price, you get a very noticeable performance difference, and with the V8 and 6 speed, I actually get slightly better mileage than I did with my last Ranger V6 (same engine as Explorer) with the 5 speed."

Best Vehicle

By on Saturday, October 06, 2007

"I had the 2004 model of the Sports Trac and upgraded to the 2007 Limited. They only got better. The mileage is the same as a car. I went on a trip over 1,400 miles and it was the most comfortable trip yet. The smoothist ride over bumpy roads with the bed being fully loaded down. The mileage was great and I have a V8. It has all the comfort of a full size SUV, but is a pickup that you can haul anything. I will keep this one for as long as it runs."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Explorer Sport Trac near Honolulu. See local deals