2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac

Based on 187 Ratings for the 2007 - 2010 models.

Best little truck and SUV in one.

By on Sunday, June 30, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, ultimate flexibility, safe."

Cons: "A bit of a gas hog--but the quickness is worth it."

"I am going to keep this truck until the wheels fall off because Ford stopped making them. It is a great vehicle that gives me everything I need from a comfortable transport for me and my family to a work horse hauler. The V8 is powerful and lithe. The SYNC is so convenient, and the handling is Ford at it's best. I drove every small truck in its class, and this one had the best of everything. Plus, it was quick and responsive. I am a fanatic about having great steering and great torque for a quick off the line experience. In addition, the back seats are actually comfortable and roomy. I love being able to extend the truck bed with the rack extender and make many trips to the dump and to the local "good will." In addition, the 4x4 keeps my safe in winter as I live on a very steep hill. I can't imagine being without this great truck."

The total package!

By on Friday, April 13, 2007

"I absolutely love this truck! I test drove several vehicles before purchasing and gotta say it won hands down and probably my favoriite purchase yet. I did opt. for the limited edition with the V8. The options on this model are very nice and would recommend it to a future buyer. It was a little more $ for the limited and compared to other makes but the ride/power along with everything else is spot on. I use the truck to tow a bow rider boat and dont even notice the boat behind!! + + + + + Will purchase a future model if made like this!"

love-Love-LOVE my truck!

By on Monday, September 01, 2014

Pros: "Fun, perfect size, looks sharp, great ride!"

Cons: "They stopped making them!"

"THE best vehicle I have ever owned--bar-none. I wish I could clone it and have another new one, but Ford decided it was too good a vehicle and stopped making them in 2010. Perfect for my lifestyle, and no one makes anything even close. New pick-ups don't begin to stand up to the features,comfort and driving stability in Maine winters. Everyone I know sees mine and wants one--not available."

In love with the concept, not the execution

By on Friday, August 02, 2013

Pros: "All wheel/four wheel drive system, size"

Cons: "hard seats"

"I love the concept of this vehicle. It fits the needs of me and my family perfectly and, important in Alaska, fits in the garage. The drive system includes both an all wheel drive setting so the vehicle can be driven on any road surface and traditional 4x4 with high lock and low lock settings. It's perfect of Alaska and something not easily found except on GM full size trucks and SUVs. The Tacoma and Frontier have very basic traditional 4x4 systems that are really only useful once the road is totally snow covered or icy. Most new crossovers and SUVs have all wheel drive systems that lack a locking center diff for deep snow or truly icy conditions. Like the professional reviews say for this vehicle and the Honda Ridgeline - most people don't need a full size truck and these two vehicles make more sense. It's true. The problem? I would describe this vehicle as hard. To me the ride hard, many of the control are hard (hard plastic or they require too much effort to push, pull or turn) and the front seats are so hard they cutoff circulation and put my feet to sleep when I drive. I've added cushions to solve the problem, but its a design that doesn't suit me. I bought mine sigh-unseen and had it shipped to Alaska this May, with less than 10,000 miles at the time. The looks of both the Ridgeline and the SportTrac are a bit odd, but the Ridgeline is worse in my opinion and tends to be much more expensive. I highly recommend checking out the SportTrac if your looking for a used Ridgeline or other compact pickup. The ride and seats may not bother you and you'll have an excellent and very practical little truck. Don't underestimate it's abilities either, I hauled 1000 lbs of dead sod to the dump last weekend with ease."

Dependable

By on Saturday, April 06, 2013

Pros: "Safety, dependability, smooth ride, and capable"

Cons: "Ford doesn't make it anymore."

"I am STILL very happy with my truck. I'm amazed how much it's kept its value! I have over 105,000 miles, and have had minimal problems. I purchased the extended warrantee when I bought my truck, and totally wasted the money! It's still very dependable, safe, and a pleasure to drive. After 5 years, I'm usually in the market to by a new vehicle, but not this one. I am very satisfied with my SportTrac...still!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Explorer Sport Trac near Honolulu. See local deals