2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac

Based on 467 Ratings for the 2001 - 2005 models.

Shame on Ford!!!!

By on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pros: "Awesome truck."

Cons: "Wished it was stick, engine mounts"

"We bought this used in 08, with about 100000. I needed a pilot vehicle. Not too big, not to small. I needed a pickup that could jump from a dead stop, have take off. I hated a Dodge Dakota, the Toyota Tacoma was not big enough, the Tundra didn't have the jump.... This is an awesome truck. It has never let me down. The only con, is the engine mounts. Total disintegration. That is their only downfall. Every other trac I have seen has bad mounts. Shame on Ford for not making them anymore. I met a guy that HAS and still drives, a 2003, with over 440,000. He said he has only done tune ups. I wish they would make them again. I would buy it. I am sure others would too."

Truly a great truck

By on Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Pros: "rear folding seats, sturdy, good gas mileage"

Cons: "N/A"

"This truck is kind of like that dog you really love... I bought it new in 2001, and now have 252,000 miles on her. She still rides great, gets 20 mpg on the highway, and I get compliments all the time. I just put on my 4th set of tires, and have had absolutely no problems. A few minor fixes to the interior control buttons, but nothing serious. She looks great inside and out! Love the rear folding seats and rear power window feature.I would not hesitate to drive her any amount of distance. It is with mixed emotions that I am thinking about selling. I have always said this truck should be a testimonial for Ford, and it really is the best vehicle I have ever owned!"

Fantastic Truck, does everything I need...but...

By on Wednesday, August 07, 2013

"This truck has always started right up for me. I love every little bit of it from the way it drives to the way it sounds and feels. The engine is super reliable, and I've only had to do regular maintenance like oil and filter changes. There IS however, one big problem with the motor. Around 130,000-150,000 miles, the engine's timing chain tensioner goes, and it makes a rattling noise. Now since it's a non-interference motor, it doesn't immediately affect the motor, but the the timing will be thrown off one day, and then it will get disastrous. It's about $800 to fix one time. Other than that, it's just a fantastic vehicle. Parts are cheaper too."

The perfect machine!

By on Saturday, September 10, 2011

"At 242k miles, I had my first moment of unreliability. The timing cassette guides finally gave up. Other than that, its been nothing but gas, tires, and oil. Bought it with 56k, all the rest is mine. The most poignant feature about the ST is its capability in snow and ice. This thing has never spun a tire in deep snow or on ice. You feel as if you are in complete control, and it responds predictably. Very sure-footed. (Mine is 4x4) The crew cab plus cargo box means you can do anything with it. Mine is a keeper, no matter what the wife says."

Reliable

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, good power, tows very well, comfortabe"

Cons: "Havent found anything yet."

"I have to say i have had my sport trac for 6 years now, and have put alot of miles on it and taken it just about everywhere. After 134,000 miles i have'nt had any issues with it. It has done everything i have needed it to and gone beyond expectations. I feel it still has another 150,000 miles in at least. Im hopeing to beat my last truck an F-150 and it had 268,000 miles on it when i sold it. I believe it will!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Explorer Sport Trac near Honolulu. See local deals